Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

something I dont understand. He cant spend cash because all his worth is tied up in shares in SD? I assume sports direct high value is due to the profits it makes,so him having majority shares,where does all the profits from sports direct go?

Nothing to understand really...he uses SD as a guise to sit on his hands at this point. People can spin the economics any which way (saw a guy on Reddit trying to say why the club has no money).

Sports owners in major leagues that are in it because of their profitability and only the economics (or extensively for) drive me nuts. The money is on the back end for them. Sure you dont go crazy and spend 500 million if you have no way of re-couping that but he can surely spend more than he has of late. The failures of the past need to be regarded sure but not at the detriment of the future. A couple years in the PL again will help solvency and for the long term. Failing to do all that you can to ensure that you stay in the PL is piss poor management especially for a guy obviously concerned about the bottom line. Its befuddling to me and if I didnt care I would hope that it blows up in his face.

He is a black eye for this club and the quicker he lets go of it and allows for new ideas and practices to be implemented the better. I would normally say the grass isnt always greener but in this case...I think it is.

Ashley's greatest ever lie is to convince everyone that the club owes him money because he paid off the debt, when in fact he owns the whole club lock stock and barrel and he is responsible for the debt

To be fair, those loan are interest free.  Convert to market %,  the interest cost per year should be 4-5M per year if finance externally. 

No people here will notice or bring this out anyway. 

Ashley's greatest ever lie is to convince everyone that the club owes him money because he paid off the debt, when in fact he owns the whole club lock stock and barrel and he is responsible for the debt

To be fair, those loan are interest free.  Convert to market %,  the interest cost per year should be 4-5M per year if finance externally. 

How much you think the advert space that SD uses converts too?

Yea I know that's the response in this forum when staying out some facts that looks in favour for the fat cunt.

Cockney mafia out, ok?

Yea I know that's the response in this forum when staying out some facts that looks in favour for the fat c***.

Cockney mafia out, ok?

Given that his free advertising is in exchange for the interest free loan, why wouldn't people ask that?

No-one should give him the benefit of doubt over anything, so people saying things like 'we pay less interest so he's being good to us' is pretty unbelievable.

We could be paying the loan back with interest and have a more competitive squad than we do now if the club was ran self-sufficiently.

The problem is we have an owner who's asset stripping and doing everything in his power to move money out of the club accounts.

But lets give him the benefit of doubt eh? No.

No-one should give him the benefit of doubt over anything, so people saying things like 'we pay less interest so he's being good to us' is pretty unbelievable.

We could be paying the loan back with interest and have a more competitive squad than we do now if the club was ran self-sufficiently.

The problem is we have an owner who's asset stripping and doing everything in his power to move money out of the club accounts.

Agree with this. 

I'm no going to pretend i'm an expert on finance or accounting but i think it seems fairly obvious that Ashley has been bleeding the club for years.  Even thinking back to the Andy Carroll sale, that money wasn't reinvested back into the playing squad as promised.  I think Pardew or Llambias tried to say most of it had gone on wages but that was total bullshit obviously. 

Whenever i try to work out what Ashley is up to i tend to think of the most greedy and devious scenario as default, do that and you're probably not too far away from the truth.

Yep. We are just being used as advertising space and cycling money through accounts. 

so basically Ashley has no cash, Nufc have no cash. but Sports direct have it all.

Cant understand why Ashley doesnt see the benefits to sports direct of being associated with a successful NUFC, European and wider national positive coverage. etc etc.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/06/is-mike-ashley-taking-even-more-advantage-of-newcastle-united-than-we-thought-4175771/

Still stands 4 years later. SD banners were meant to be a showcase to other potential advertisers. The club needs to generate it's own money, but the SD logos are still up. Absolute lies as always

:lol: Just make it up as they go along.

This bit here shows how he's stealing probably in the region of £20 million a year from the club, and it's only one of many ways: 

To put things in perspective briefly, according to Newcastle United’s last set of published accounts (for the 2011-12 season), Newcastle United received slightly less in commercial revenue (£13.8million) than Norwich City (£14m).

As for the Premier League ‘big six’ above Newcastle, Tottenham received £41.5m over the same period, Arsenal £52.5m, Liverpool £63.9m, Chelsea £67m, Manchester United £117.6m and, finally, Manchester City received a whopping £121.1m according to the estimable football finance website, the Swiss Ramble.

With Ashley’s insistence that the club must stand on its own two feet, despite serving as a huge free billboard for his more important business interest, this shortfall could make it very difficult for the club to move forward both financially and on the pitch.

Chopey is right- if you had £40 in your left pocket, then put £20 in your right pocket- does it now owe the left pocket £20? No, you still have £40. It's all yours. Ashley and NUFC are the same. SD is not- he is a 60% shareholder and it is a plc with all the governance (or arguably lack of it, in SD's case) involved in a public listing.

A lot of people have some emotional perspective that there the club has some kind of moral ownership separate to that of MA, it's not. The loans are just another way of investing in the club (with some tax advantages vs common equity). People should forget they exist and the lack of interest is used as an excuse for other failings in the club's operations.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/06/is-mike-ashley-taking-even-more-advantage-of-newcastle-united-than-we-thought-4175771/

Still stands 4 years later. SD banners were meant to be a showcase to other potential advertisers. The club needs to generate it's own money, but the SD logos are still up. Absolute lies as always

:lol: Just make it up as they go along.

This bit here shows how he's stealing probably in the region of £20 million a year from the club, and it's only one of many ways: 

To put things in perspective briefly, according to Newcastle United’s last set of published accounts (for the 2011-12 season), Newcastle United received slightly less in commercial revenue (£13.8million) than Norwich City (£14m).

As for the Premier League ‘big six’ above Newcastle, Tottenham received £41.5m over the same period, Arsenal £52.5m, Liverpool £63.9m, Chelsea £67m, Manchester United £117.6m and, finally, Manchester City received a whopping £121.1m according to the estimable football finance website, the Swiss Ramble.

With Ashley’s insistence that the club must stand on its own two feet, despite serving as a huge free billboard for his more important business interest, this shortfall could make it very difficult for the club to move forward both financially and on the pitch.

The club has managed to improve on this front mind, which shows the potential is there for even more growth in this area.

At last set of accounts ours was £25.1M and for example Everton was £9.3M - yet we are being told we can't compete financially.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, crowd fund a hit on him. Just to shit him up a bit. Then give the money to charity... or signing a new player... or whatever.

We could probably sign 3 players with the money come to think of it.

so basically Ashley has no cash, Nufc have no cash. but Sports direct have it all.

Cant understand why Ashley doesnt see the benefits to sports direct of being associated with a successful NUFC, European and wider national positive coverage. etc etc.

Because that isn't really his client base. The brand is down market he probably isn't really looking for mass exposure in Europe of a higher caliber. Just being in the PL in his mind is enough. If it was a more luxury type of brand then what you say would hold true.