Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Its a balancing Act. At the moment most attending fans, and plenty on the net- are more happy with the match experience than they are unhappy with the regime, so continue going.

At what point these or a majority of fans decide Ashleys version of NUFC is not good enough for them, is  hard to judge.

We had the keegan debacle- and some shockingly terrible runs under Pardew, but still people were willing to defend both Pardew and Ashley.

It might need to get a whole lot worse before most fans decide the match day experience is no longer an enjoyable one.

Guest The Little Waster

Like most fans hes a low horizon low brain cell count eejit

If you're basing most of the matchgoing fanbase off of Lee f***ing Lawler then you're an absolute mong.

The fuckers are still paying Ashley their £ so almost by definition they are thick

If you're basing most of the matchgoing fanbase off of Lee f***ing Lawler then you're an absolute mong.

The f***ers are still paying Ashley their £ so almost by definition they are thick

Odd how you've popped up in the football board as soon as things go seemingly tits up with Rafa/transfers et al, almost as if you're desperate to show yourself as correct. And after seeing you call fellow posters 'butthurt', it's quite pathetic.

Guest The Little Waster

The f***ers are still paying Ashley their £ so almost by definition they are thick

Odd how you've popped up in the football board as soon as things go seemingly tits up with Rafa/transfers et al, almost as if you're desperate to show yourself as correct. And after seeing you call fellow posters 'butthurt', it's quite pathetic.

Odd how offended some people are when the truth is told but there you go

Some people might think that boycotting is the best was to support the club, others think still going to the game in spite of Ashley is. There is no such thing as "truth" when it comes to the way someone want to support a club, just because you don't support the club the way someone else does, doesn't mean you have to call them something.

Guest The Little Waster

Some people might think that boycotting is the best was to support the club, others think still going to the game in spite of Ashley is. There is no such thing as "truth" when it comes to the way someone want to support a club, just because you don't support the club the way someone else does, doesn't mean you have to call them something.

After ten years they are either thick or insane

Or you're just stubborn and dour.

Guest The Little Waster

Or you're just stubborn and dour.

Fair enough on the stubborn but i would argue that theres 50 000 other people much more stubborn than me.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result ... C'est la vie

First year since 2012 that I'll have had the money/holiday days to make a good trip out of heading up north and was buzzing for the fixture list so I could work out the best time to take in a couple of matches. Now I'm back to not wanting to put a penny into the club. Gutted. :(

First year since 2012 that I'll have had the money/holiday days to make a good trip out of heading up north and was buzzing for the fixture list so I could work out the best time to take in a couple of matches. Now I'm back to not wanting to put a penny into the club. Gutted. :(

Choose a Sky game, come up, have a meal in one of the amazing restaurants and enjoy a few beers with good people in a good pub and Ashley doesnt see a penny.

Choose a Sky game, come up, have a meal in one of the amazing restaurants and enjoy a few beers with good people in a good pub and Ashley doesnt see a penny.

Not a bad shout at all tbf. :thup:

Mike Ashley must be loving this. What better manager to have to stay up in the Premiership when you've under funded your team? Rafa Benitez is perfect. He knows we are 60/40 on to stay up with him in charge, maybe throw him a signing or two if we are in the shit come January, if we are doing OK then no more money until next summer. He knows Rafa will not walk or be poached until next summer in all probability, by that time he will be too busy counting the £100m he's made from a season in the Prem and creaming in his pants about another year of it being on the cards.

As much as we are furious and don't get it, everything is panning out exactly to how Ashley wants it. Low spend, big PL revenue and top manager working magic on a poor squad to stay up. That's his dream situation.

I ain't sure about that.  We all know once Rafa walked we will back to Championships immediately.  To me, it is best to sell the club when it is still in EPL.  Yes with Rafa we might be safe, but what's next?  Who will come to manage us after Rafa?

I don't think the fat cunt is that stupid to expect more magicians coming in to save his ass after Rafa.  He is the one who hired the likes of Kinnear Mcclaren etc and he definitely know the risk behind after Rafa walked.  In fact he is already preparing for this and that's why he is locking up the money, in case Rafa really walked and we relegate this season.

You may say I am optimistic but I do think he is planning to sell.  No one will meet his demand if we relegate again, he definitely know this.  He best selling time is the next 12 months, or he is taking the risk of having a club sinking without trace in Championship or League One.  Given his risk adverse character I don't think he will do that.

I ain't sure about that.  We all know once Rafa walked we will back to Championships immediately.  To me, it is best to sell the club when it is still in EPL.  Yes with Rafa we might be safe, but what's next?  Who will come to manage us after Rafa?

I don't think the fat cunt is that stupid to expect more magicians coming in to save his ass after Rafa.  He is the one who hired the likes of Kinnear Mcclaren etc and he definitely know the risk behind after Rafa walked.  In fact he is already preparing for this and that's why he is locking up the money, in case Rafa really walked and we relegate this season.

You may say I am optimistic but I do think he is planning to sell.  No one will meet his demand if we relegate again, he definitely know this.  He best selling time is the next 12 months, or he is taking the risk of having a club sinking without trace in Championship or League One.  Given his risk adverse character I don't think he will do that.

We have very differing definitions of risk averse.

Surely we've seen across the last 10 years that he isn't scared of gambling on our PL survival and even forking out a bit to get us out of being relegated? If Ashley had his latest chance this summer to give Rafa his "project". He could of easily backed him with a £30m, £50m or even £100m net spend which would have had varying degrees of ambition and potential to finish higher up the table. Instead, we got a £11m net spend which two sides from the Championship even went beyond. Ashley knows that if we did go down then get a reasonable (or better) manager then spend £30m-ish and you will most likely come back up. He's been through it twice now so probably isn't that bothered about it.

Selling means downgrading his precious free Sports Direct global advertising vessel and missing out on the PL gravy train of mega money. He's here for another 10 years at least, he's only 52. He will only sell for silly money where he comes away a few hundred million up from where he started. He's a parasite and we are stuck with him. Maybe if we went down a division and failed to come back up despite trying to buy/luck are way out of it he would then think to cut his losses.