Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Maybe this lass then was just there as a friend of Rafa's... Howay Mike sell the f***ing club man you fat b****** c***.

100% there as a guest of Rafa. But, that doesn't mean she wasn't having a look around for a potential buyer.

So he is trying to find a buyer for the club? :lol:

Get in Rafa.

Hard to see why she would be at St James' if she or someone she represents wasn't interested in buying a part or the whole club.

Must be something happening. If it will end in a bid for the club only the future will tell.

She can't tell anything if she has signed the contract to do due dilligence or what it's called.

Hard to see why she would be at St James' if she or someone she represents wasn't interested in buying a part or the whole club.

Must be something happening. If it will end in a bid for the club only the future will tell.

She can't tell anything if she has signed the contract to do due dilligence or what it's called.

"Caulkin says that the businesswoman was present in an unofficial capacity and associates of Amanda Staveley made clear she was simply on Tyneside with friends.

The man from The Times  adding that there have been no direct discussions between her and Ashley and not even any formal communication between Amanda Staveley and the club."

:lol: if someone signed an NDA for secrecy they arnt gonna rock up to the milburn stand. Even if she's there on behalf of someone it's still pretty far fetched, add in the fact she was with guests of Rafa.

NDA doesn't necessarily mean the whole thing has to be hush hush. Might only be on certain aspects of any potential deal. Seems weird she'd be there for completely unrelated reasons, the whole Rafa invited her seems to me the most bizarre and at the same time likely scenario.

in all honesty, we obviously don't have a clue, her being involved in the business of brokering football club acquisitions for her middle eastern contacts and being a guest of Rafa and NOT the club's guest can mean anything. Whatever those close to her said about her being their strictly for the match/personal reasons etc could be towing the line as it relates to the NDA. Hell she could be pre-NDA and snooping around as Rafa's guest only to be ready to get to work on this.

Fact she was there and NOT club's guest actually make me think more positively on this as if she was club's guest I'd dismiss it was a fishing exercise.

Caulkin’s Twitter feed is interesting reading.

She wasn’t there through an invite by the club, but he stops short of dismissing Rafa as the connection in all of his Tweets. From reading his Twitter and other sources, it does sound like Rafa is the link and attempting to drum up interest in getting rid of fat Mike.

Sounds like she COULD broker a deal for someone to take over, but it is the earliest of early stages and could quite easily be nothing. Does sound like there is potential takeover/investment conversations happening though and it’s not all hot air like last time.

If Rafa thinks to himself, my we could really be something with some proper investment...finally gets some movement that Ashley will sell, talks to a broker/investment person he knows that has tried this before and has access to capital/capital funds/buyers, woos them, then works out a way to get Mike paid and happy and get the club sold to someone who will invest into his "project" .... well, that's some all-time legendary status for me, like.