Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

In fact this morning around 7am this gets written.. no more than an opinion piece..

https://newcastletoons.com/2017/09/23/newcastle-united-mike-ashley-silent-benefits/

Then HITC start quoting an article by the times about 8.30

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/ashley-cuts-newcastle-asking-price-to-380m-029rv7ch6

So who the fuck is Matt Hughes of The Times? Where's his HP?

It's not unsettling news for us but the players can often be affected by stories like this.

Wrong thread but I wonder what the deal is with this reported Facebook and Amazon interest in the pl rights. Would they only broadcast online?

I'd love to see it personally, Sky would s*** the bed.

I can't see it personally, reckon they might be interested in the highlights part of what the PL selling but not full on coverage like BT/Sky.

Wrong thread but I wonder what the deal is with this reported Facebook and Amazon interest in the pl rights. Would they only broadcast online?

I can't see it personally, reckon they might be interested in the highlights part of what the PL selling but not full on coverage like BT/Sky.

Would be mint to see Sky fucked out of it like but yeah, stinks of them trying to drive the price up.

Only £30m more eexpensive than buying Neymar and Mbappe

Well when you put it like that.. no, still a rip off.

Half of Everton went for £200m last year; maybe the £400m in itself isn't that bad an asking price. But surely any potential buyer would run as soon as they see the loan he'd instantly want paid back on top of it. And I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to add bullshit sponsorship and merchandise clauses that benefit no one but Sports Direct as a parting shot. Insufferable cunt.

Everton had a £80m external debt so the £200m for half doesn't tell the full story.

Nobody is going to buy NUFC and accept keeping on a £100m+ loan owed to Ashley so IF the £380m is true it would have to include Ashley's debt and mean they'd have the club debt free (we have no external debt to my knowledge (?)).

Might be looking for similar to their NFL Thursday Night Football deal - live streaming rights through Prime while televised rights remain with a separate broadcaster.

I'm sure they tried that with the Premier League pass 15 years ago or so and it failed. I remember it being really expensive too, but then I was only in my mid-teens, so everything was expensive back then.  :lol:

Streaming is a massive untapped market still, just held back by the 3pm broadcast rules. If I could buy a PL pass that would let me watch all the NUFC games I would pay a fair bit.

Just to clarify, there are no rules against 3pm Saturday KO’s, it’s just an agreement. If Sky or anyone else wanted to start showing 3pm KO’s they could.

I'm sure they tried that with the Premier League pass 15 years ago or so and it failed. I remember it being really expensive too, but then I was only in my mid-teens, so everything was expensive back then.  :lol:

I think it was priced poorly back then, plus it was something that was way too early for most people. It felt like the Dreamcast of PL football. :lol:

I think it was priced poorly back then, plus it was something that was way too early for most people. It felt like the Dreamcast of PL football. :lol:

Oh aye, without a doubt before it's time like. I can't remember what the pricing was, but I feel like it was £14 per game or something daft. Man, I wish I could remember what it was called, so I could google it.

It's not another false dawn because the reality is that nobody will know anything other than those who have signed NDA's.

This Matt Hughes lad is talking out his arse. If Ashley was reducing the asking price, he'd be letting his lawyers tell potential investors this, not the average reader of the times.

Streaming is a massive untapped market still, just held back by the 3pm broadcast rules. If I could buy a PL pass that would let me watch all the NUFC games I would pay a fair bit.

Just to clarify, there are no rules against 3pm Saturday KO’s, it’s just an agreement. If Sky or anyone else wanted to start showing 3pm KO’s they could.

In Norway their sports channels showed every 3pm kick off a few seasons ago, now because of streaming and Sky winning a court battle they show just 2.