Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Not referring to this article in particular, but The Mag could do itself a favour by insisting on would be bloggers having a GCSE in English and perhaps just an iota of common sense before it lets them loose on their site.

It really is a regular pile of shite.

Not referring to this article in particular, but The Mag could do itself a favour by insisting on would be bloggers having a GCSE in English and perhaps just an iota of common sense before it lets them loose on their site.

It really is a regular pile of s****.

hahaha!

It's not the best. All i want to know is whoever worked this out, how they done it?

£34m divided by 1.855m fans = £18.32 divided by two years = £9.16.  ???

So am I right in thinking that despite Ashley being regularly castigated for his part in reducing commercial turnover, someone is now using our profitability as a stick to beat him with ?

Sometimes I just don't geddit.

Guest Roger Kint

So am I right in thinking that despite Ashley being regularly castigated for his part in reducing commercial turnover, someone is now using our profitability as a stick to beat him with ?

It makes no sense on any level tbh. The figures are clearly skewed with Carroll, by all means if there was merit in this in the last two years i could see a point but not based on this period used. The mag have done a few articles where they do this lately.

Our profitability is based on us selling players for higher than we buy them for, rather than attempting to actually increase turnover and invest in the squad.

It'll work whilst we can flog an Andy Carroll here or there, maybe Cabaye next, but it's unsustainable over a longer period and will weaken the team.

Our profitability is based on us selling players for higher than we buy them for, rather than attempting to actually increase turnover and invest in the squad.

It'll work whilst we can flog an Andy Carroll here or there, maybe Cabaye next, but it's unsustainable over a longer period and will weaken the team.

Thanks for that.

For now I'll just enjoy it while it appears to be doing exactly the opposite.

Just noticed this with the thread being bumped.

Well based on the limited wording under that table which the blog doesnt seem to have bothered reading its likely to be this:

'mike ashley leased certain properties to various companies in the group which operated as retail and distribution premises. a commercial rent is charged in respect of these leases. '

Does he use any SD shops(or parts of them) for NUFC Club Shops or anything?

The text quoted

• is in regard to the previous year's related party transactions (in which NUFC were not mentioned)
  • is for an unspecified amount in addition to the other related party sales & purchases detailed, not explaining them
  • is relating to rent paid to Mike Ashley by Sports Direct for use of properties he personally owned, not money paid to Sports Direct

So whether or not the writer of nufcblog bothered reading it, he was correct to not mention it, whereas you were incorrect in 3 separate ways to suggest it explaned the money being paid by NUFC to Sports Direct.

We have to hope that he sees this January as an opportunity in the same way as the Cisse transfer, we've got some great momentum going. If we could add one or two players we could keep threatening the top 4 all season. Whilst I don't necessarily think we can get in there it would serve us very well in trying to keep hold of players at the end of the season.

We have to hope that he sees this January as an opportunity in the same way as the Cisse transfer, we've got some great momentum going. If we could add one or two players we could keep threatening the top 4 all season. Whilst I don't necessarily think we can get in there it would serve us very well in trying to keep hold of players at the end of the season.

Gomis and Ince would cost us what? £10m for the pair. Given our summer spend that is bugger all. Sign Remy and maybe a centre back ( Colo staying dependent) in the summer and we have a pretty good squad there.

Krul, Elliott, Alnwick

Debuchy, Santon, Colo, Williamson, Taylor, MYM, Dummett, Haidara

Sissoko, HBA, Tiote, Anita, Cabaye, Marveaux, Ince, Taylor, Bigi, Sammy

Remy, Gouffran, Gomis, Cisse, Shola

:notbad:

Prudent spending is, and he's done it remarkably well.

His prudent spending isn't going to keep hold of our better players who have ambition, he needs to match the ambition of the players to keep hold of them if we're ever going to do anything. 

We're a club that has generations of fans who have not seen us win a trophy and it's his responsibility to prove that we can do something about that rather than just surviving.

100% not true.

It's about making sure when you sell a player that they are worth more than they are valued at "on your books" at the time they are sold. Absolutely got nothing to do with what you paid for them.

It is also totally sustainable if you don't spend huge money on ageing players looking for their last pay day.

Prudent spending is, and he's done it remarkably well.

His prudent spending isn't going to keep hold of our better players who have ambition, he needs to match the ambition of the players to keep hold of them if we're ever going to do anything. 

We're a club that has generations of fans who have not seen us win a trophy and it's his responsibility to prove that we can do something about that rather than just surviving.

You're suggesting that under Ashley we are particularly more susceptible to losing our better players? Historically I'd be surprised if that was the case.

We have used what he has deemed responsible (always arguable) over recent seasons, not lazily, not particularly conservatively, but pretty cannily. That in itself indicates a certain ambition.

Even if we signed a couple I still think Champions League will be out of our reach. I mean it's not like we would spend any serious money on a player that would take us up another level, for example like Arsenal did with Ozil.