Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest chopey

Why would someone like her want to buy us or any football club for that matter?

We have huge potential, our commercial income is a joke and could be improved 1000% with Sports Direct out of the picture, we sell out week after week no matter who the opposition is (have you seen the empty seats at arsenal and man city lately) the next TV deal will be huge and we have one of the best managers in the world that genuinely wants to be here and is prepared to take on a project from top to bottom, for someone with the money and vision it's a no brainer

I know it is hard to be worse than the fat c***, by does anyone know what she's like?

Found this interview with her from a few years ago. Gives some interesting insight

https://business-reporter.co.uk/2014/12/08/the-big-interview-amanda-staveley/

Thanks mate.  Basically if she is interested in us, it's because we have Rafa Benitez.  She said she only acquires business with exceptional management.  Hope this deal comes true.  If we have an owner who trust Rafa, and all the fans are behind Rafa, we can't fail.

I'm skeptical he'd ever set a reasonable price for a full buyout; i expect we're "for sale" at prices no one will ever pay.

It's a legitimate concern, and we're talking about a c*** who is unpredictable, and is notorious when it comes to suddenly shifting goalposts.

A full buy-out, to me, includes removing the spectre that is Sports Direct (and the advertising exclusivity it enjoys at SJP), hereby maximizing the club's potentisl to pull in commercial revenue, to become a powerhouse in this area.

The worry is that the reported £380 figure comes attached with a dead weight caveat, in the form of say a 10 year plus stadium deal (of free advertising) for his golden child, Sports Direct. If a potential buyer (Staveley), who recognizes NUFC is punching well below it's weight commercially, wants to sever the mouth which is sucking from the nipple (for free) then Ashley will jack up the price. Losing brand visibility, in the PL, will come at a cost for SD, and he'll factor that in & shift the goalposts accordingly (if a buyer remove the SD shackles). IMO, that's the potential deal breaker.

As others have said, not getting too excited about this, despite the encouraging tweets from Caulkin that an initial meeting has happened. This is Mike Ashley she's dealing with, after all.

However, in terms of time needed to takeover if a sale is agreed, would it be that long?

Thinking back, it took Ashley from May - July (ish) to take us over, and that included buying up shares from everyone that held them, and then paying off the mortgages/loans on the club.

In theory, the club is now owned by one person only, so if a price/deal can be agreed, surely it wouldn't be a long process after that?

However, I'm also sceptical that Ashley would be the most awkward person to deal with - but she's a business woman... I'm sure she's dealt with such types before, and must have some idea what he's like in business already.

Guess we'll see how this all plays out. Just hope and behind the scenes uncertainty doesn't affect the team - but I'm sure Rafa will do his best to prevent that.

As others have said, not getting too excited about this, despite the encouraging tweets from Caulkin that an initial meeting has happened. This is Mike Ashley she's dealing with, after all.

However, in terms of time needed to takeover if a sale is agreed, would it be that long?

Thinking back, it took Ashley from May - July (ish) to take us over, and that included buying up shares from everyone that held them, and then paying off the mortgages/loans on the club.

In theory, the club is now owned by one person only, so if a price/deal can be agreed, surely it wouldn't be a long process after that?

However, I'm also sceptical that Ashley would be the most awkward person to deal with - but she's a business woman... I'm sure she's dealt with such types before, and must have some idea what he's like in business already.

Guess we'll see how this all plays out. Just hope and behind the scenes uncertainty doesn't affect the team - but I'm sure Rafa will do his best to prevent that.

They'd want to do due diligence and go through the books with a fine toothed comb which would take a while and that'd only happen after they'd agreed the other details and signed it off in principle.

I refuse to get the merest glimmer of hope up about this as we all know what an awkward, fat bastard our owner is! One thing is for certain is that he won't leave quietly.

Aye, very little chance chance of him fucking off without poisoning the well on his way out - fat fucker will hate the thought of someone else being successful at something he's made such a complete mess of.

Unless it is a full takeover and it materialises pretty quickly. Then I’m really not arsed by this.

Joint ownership with Ashley will end up being worse than what we already have and won’t work. How could anyone work successfully with that lying cunt?! 

I highly doubt anything going to happen (mainly because I don't see why Ashley would want to sell), but it's nice to have a little hope for a change.

I don't understand why he'd want out at this stage either, but there's plenty of evidence to suggest he's very much open to it.

No worries, last night I dreamt I won 1.2m on the lottery and Ashley sold the club to me. Then I woke up. No idea if I was good or not, sorry for the unfinished story and anxiety.

Went to sleep last night feeling hopeful. Woke up this morning feeling meh about the whole thing. Just have this nagging feeling that, much like should Rafa leave us, this whole takeover saga is like a last chance saloon, and if it doesn't materialise into Ashley going, we're going to be stuck with him for a very long time.

Good to know :D

Fuck me imagine going from being owned by Ashley and his litany of shithouse mates running the club to this lass and all of her contacts [emoji38]

She's supposedly a football fan aye? If true she'll know buying us would be a very, very good proposition indeed if she can broker a deal where the fat man isn't robbing her eyes out.

Fuck me imagine going from being owned by Ashley and his litany of shithouse mates running the club to this lass and all of her contacts [emoji38]

She's supposedly a football fan aye? If true she'll know buying us would be a very, very good proposition indeed if she can broker a deal where the fat man isn't robbing her eyes out.

Bit early to say that her 'contacts' won't be shithouses mind. We know fuck all about her, or who she represents, at this point.

It's all promising, though.

Bit early to say that her 'contacts' won't be shithouses mind. We know fuck all about her, or who she represents, at this point.

It's all promising, though.

Given her background I think we can safely say there would fewer JFK's & Charnley's like [emoji38]