Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Looking a the club as a businessman and objectively it has huge huge potential. It has often been referred to as the Crown Jewels of British Football, albeit by the Halls and Keegan and co, but there is no other club in the country and maybe the world with as much potential. Look at what has happened at Manchester City and they live in Man Utd's shadow. Go anywhere in the world and you will see people wearing their shirts and imagery of Auegro, Pep or Toure or whoever. They are now a global super club I'd say. Newcastle United needs a lot of work done to it, but with the right investment and business acumen there is no reason why we can't become a super club because the foundations are already there. NUFC is easily worth 400 million if you are looking at it as a long term project. If you are looking to make money forget it, it's worth probably what Ashley paid for it. We are already one of the biggest clubs in tech world and that is despite ten years of Ashley running us like f***ing Netto.

A bit over the top as usual, but we should be one of the most attractive clubs in the world to buy. Not only unique in being a one club city, but we stand apart from most of the other clubs in England in both geography and passion for the game which has to be a massive factor. It would be for British buyers anyway, my only worry is whether foreign buyers would realise it. Someone like Stavely would be crucial in conveying this. You see nothing clubs like Crystal Palace and QPR getting bought up and you wonder whether the owners think just because they are in London that somehow gives them extra value?

Its not over the top like. We are already in the top 20 of world club's and that's with Ashley as owner. We have one of the best manager's in the world in charge, one of the biggest stadiums, a huge huge fan base and a pretty decent foreign following. There is not a club on earth that could achieve what we could with major investment, not a club that isn't already an established power base or elite club anyway.

These were the (not so long ago) days . . .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/5th%20Richest%20Club%20in%20the%20world%20-%20NUFC%201999_zpsgot9hsio.jpg

When is this from? 99?

Isn't that when NTL gave us a 24 million interest free loan ?

I seem to remember some kind of loan from NTL, at some point in our history, but "loans" do not form part of "Turnover" so would not be included in the above figures.

Be class if he offended some Saudis and they just chopped his head off.

:lol:

was just reading about this tax thing again, what are the possible implications for the club as it doesn't sound good at all...wonder if the bent cunt wants out before the shit hits the fan over it

Be class if he offended some Saudis and they just chopped his head off.

:lol:

was just reading about this tax thing again, what are the possible implications for the club as it doesn't sound good at all... wonder if the bent c*** wants out before the s*** hits the fan over it

If the FA decided to make an example of the club, and threw down a say a ten point penalty, that would probably weaken his negotiating position with buyers. As you hint at, he might escape before any shit hits the fan, rather than cop two relegations in three or four years.

From reading between the lines this is something that probably all clubs have done. Any points reduction will likely open a can of worms the FA don't want.

Considering Chelsea were involved the evidence against us and for them will have to be cast iron for anything to come of it.

As it stands it just means they can now look at the books. I don't think the club were bothered too much about that, it was more down to the dawn raids we suffered while the two London clubs were just asked for theirs.

Saudi money can fuck off.

I'll bet Man City fans regret not taking the money from their Qatar owners, they could have had Mike Ashley in there with Sports Direct plastered all over their stadium.

:lol: Like we're lucky enough to get normal, despicable Saudi money. We'll have the ghosts of Pol Pot and Idi Amin as co-owners

Perhaps Newcastle can be the last bastion of English clubs and turn back the tide of foreign money. We shall fight them on the beaches, Nuns Moor park and Gosforth Chippy... :icon_salut:

:lol: Like we're lucky enough to get normal, despicable Saudi money. We'll have the ghosts of Pol Pot and Idi Amin as co-owners

Perhaps Newcastle can be the last bastion of English clubs and turn back the tide of foreign money. We shall fight them on the beaches, Nuns Moor park and Gosforth Chippy... :icon_salut:

c4TJvpH.gif

The interesting bit is the Amanda Staveley nda, first time thats been reported.

The article states that Staveley's group haven't signed an NDA, but that three other interested parties have. Would copy the article across, but difficult on my phone.