Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Fair play to him for rectifying the summer farce, but the summer left a bitter taste in my mouth and this just feels like what we are doing now is just what we should have done in the summer.

Better late than never i suppose, but the real test will be the summer whether we push on or stand still.

Hopefully they have learnt and it won't happen again.

Does badly - gets criticised.

Does well - gets criticised for not doing earlier.

Does badly - gets criticised for not strengthening us enough in the summer.

Does well - gets criticised for not strengthening us enough in the summer.

Fair enough IYAM.

Does badly - gets criticised.

Does well - gets criticised for not doing earlier.

errr- jumping the gun- still bottom of form league, and probs in bottom three by time play southampton.

I wonder if we would have signed anyone this window if we were mid table, serious question.

I'm delighted we've taken action like, was frightened to death we'd sit on our hands again. Good stuff, still lots of hard work to do on the pitch once these signings are all completed.

I wonder if we would have signed anyone this window if we were mid table, serious question.

I'm delighted we've taken action like, was frightened to death we'd sit on our hands again. Good stuff, still lots of hard work to do on the pitch once these signings are all completed.

Aye, thats summik to think about.  I get the feeling the QPR thing has scared them a bit (and our league position), we've scouted these lads for a while.  Im wondering if Ashley n co were worried, QPR might stay up and offer mega bucks in the summer.

So we've acted quicky.

In the summer way may just be after a replacement for Colo and a forward.

Probably something that's already been discussed to death, but it seems to me he is a businessman who still doesn't understand football.

He'll ensure that money is spent, but only when it's necessary. Either he doesn't understand the concept that if you don't build on momentum (finishing 5th), then you're not going to stand still, you're going to go backwards; or he does and he simply refused to put more money in. That is, until he realised his assets were under the threat of a drastic devaluation if he didn't act, hence the 4 or 5 players in 2 weeks.

It's a positive move, obviously, but one which he was forced to do.

Guest reefatoon

Probably something that's already been discussed to death, but it seems to me he is a businessman who still doesn't understand football.

He'll ensure that money is spent, but only when it's necessary. Either he doesn't understand the concept that if you don't build on momentum (finishing 5th), then you're not going to stand still, you're going to go backwards; or he does and he simply refused to put more money in. That is, until he realised his assets were under the threat of a drastic devaluation if he didn't act, hence the 4 or 5 players in 2 weeks.

And hopefully learned from.

:clap:

And hopefully learned from.

Yep. He's not going anywhere, so this is all we can hope for from the owner and his MD. We'll see in the summer. :pow:

That's fair comment, I'm hoping he's learned from this summer and will put slightly more emphasis on the football side in future.

Saying that, he's done what he's known to be able to do, corrected a problem in short order when it crops up. Prevention is the next step hopefully.

You could say that for most owners tbf.

This guy takes his time, and it is infuriating, but my God, what kind of players are we getting here? For these fees?

I'm blown away by it all ...

These are not just talented young players, but who are also experienced enough too! The type that should cost the most money.

We're making Arsenal look incompetent in the market almost  :lol:

One thing that can't be denied is that Mike Ashley and his guys are killers when it comes to negotiating deals.

How does Remy feel right now? Seeing who is coming into the club? Man that guy must be perplexed!

This guy takes his time, and it is infuriating, but my God, what kind of players are we getting here? For these fees?

These are not just talented young players, but who are also experienced enough too! The type that should cost the most money.

One thing that can't be denied is that Mike Ashley and his guys are killers when it comes to negotiating deals.

How does Remy feel right now? Seeing who is coming into the club? Man that guy must be perplexed!

yeah just a shame they do that to us on the football pitch.

yeah just a shame they do that to us on the football pitch.

http://meatballcandy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/soon-cat-bag.jpg

SOON!!!

Guest tollemache

I think it's this simple: we've got a transfer policy which, if we stick to it, long term, will do us a lot of favours, as we've seen over the last couple of years. We had one bad window but were always unlikely to have two in a row. Another bad window may / probably will happen again in the future if we stick to our way of doing things, particularly if we start going for a slightly higher calibre of player, but it is the right thing to do regardless, whatever pressure the fans might try to exert to spend more money.

Here's hoping he continues to totally ignore everyone and get on with his job then

The prem funds next year are simply too great to be ignored, he's clearly seen that thank fuck. They probably had a good idea that some of these lads would be available this Jan too though same as with Cisse last Jan. The Reading result also might've forced his hand too especially seeing as he witness the debacle himself.

Guest tollemache

The prem funds next year are simply too great to be ignored, he's clearly seen that thank fuck. They probably had a good idea that some of these lads would be available this Jan too though same as with Cisse last Jan. The Reading result also might've forced his hand too especially seeing as he witness the debacle himself.

You really think these are panic buys and not just a continuation of the same old transfer policy? That the plan at the end of the last window was just to muddle through the season understaffed?

You really think these are panic buys and not just a continuation of the same old transfer policy? That the plan at the end of the last window was just to muddle through the season understaffed?

It's a really interesting question, I don't know what I believe really.

Obviously the signings are in keeping with our policy, but I have to wonder whether they would all have materialised if we weren't struggling so much. Not that that's necessarily a problem, if you have a problem it's right to address it.