Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Roughly our first choice 11 now has cost us 55 to 60 million without taking the money we made from player sales off that. Probably ends up at 12.5 million with Ba, Enrique and Carroll @ 47.5 million. Not bad for that team eh.

What did we get for Nolan?

£4m IIRC.

Roughly our first choice 11 now has cost us 55 to 60 million without taking the money we made from player sales off that. Probably ends up at 12.5 million with Ba, Enrique and Carroll @ 47.5 million. Not bad for that team eh.

What did we get for Nolan?

£4m IIRC.

Ok so we have spent a total of 8.5 million for that team - just class really. We have signed 8 of our first choice 11 since Pardew came here 2 years ago so no excuses now, he may not scout them but I have no doubt he has some say in positions as we have bought in right areas so it is his team

christ all-f***ing-mighty :lol:

how have we managed to get some of those deals :lol:

hard work and planning

seems to me that's what carr is in reality, the mackems are right to point out he's not some super-scout finding world beaters in the belgian 4th div or whatever, he seems to be a modern scout in the sense that he's looking at the full picture and gets himself an inside track on great deal for players who are known already but are a tier or so below the top

fantastic work like, crazy few days

hard work and planning

seems to me that's what carr is in reality, the mackems are right to point out he's not some super-scout finding world beaters in the belgian 4th div or whatever, he seems to be a modern scout in the sense that he's looking at the full picture and gets himself an inside track on great deal for players who are known already but are a tier or so below the top

I don't like to admit it because I'm not particularly fond of the man, but Derek llambias deserves credit for these signings too.

I don't like to admit it because I'm not particularly fond of the man, but Derek llambias deserves credit for these signings too.

would need to see/hear some real evidence of that before i gave that cunt any credit for anything at all like, some clue as to his actual involvement

hard work and planning

have to wonder how much work goes into these deals given that m'biwa and sissoko were both linked quite a bit in the summer.

They have done the business this window there can be no arguing. We know we are in a fight and its not going to be easy, but its time now for the fans,management ownership to pull together and get behind the Lads for the rest of the season. The place is buzzing again , lets make something of it. Howay the Lads.

would need to see/hear some real evidence of that before i gave that c*** any credit for anything at all like, some clue as to his actual involvement

I'm assuming he deals with other clubs chairmen and plays a role in negotiating fees. I reckon that is one of his roles? I know what you mean though and I didn't type the previous post easily :lol:

would need to see/hear some real evidence of that before i gave that c*** any credit for anything at all like, some clue as to his actual involvement

I'm assuming he deals with other clubs chairmen and plays a role in negotiating fees. I reckon that is one of his roles? I know what you mean though and I didn't type the previous post easily :lol:

:lol:  i see dekka as more of a classy figurehead for mike's empire, a ceremonial role in reality if you will

they've probably got "wankers" they pay to do the actual work for them

:lol:  i see dekka as more of a classy figurehead for mike's empire, a ceremonial role in reality if you will

I genuinely thought he played a major role in signing players, therefore deserving of credit :lol: you may be right, however! :D

I genuinely thought he played a major role in signing players, therefore deserving of credit :lol: you may be right, however! :D

Llambias and Charnley do the deals AFAIK.

IP - little or no internet access (outside of tapatalk), so I've not been able to spend 4 months responding to this kind of rhetoric...

For Ashley, spending next to nothing in this window and finishing 17th would represent the greatest victory. I'm not convinced he'll walk away from the gamble and put his hand in the coffers. I honestly think the detestable scumbag gets some sort of perverted thrill from being so reckless with an entity that some people have an emotional investment in.

:clap:

Yet some idiots are still prepared to defend the cunt.

:anguish:

Some more prescient comments from the dark days of 2012

I don't think Ashley will gamble against relegation for a second time. I think we'll spend.

That massive pay day from the TV money next season will be on his mind. I think he'll stick his hand in his pocket.

He should do if he has any business acumen.

Either way, the "board" have done their bit, now it's up to the playing squad and management to justify the excitement.

:lol: Such a horrible person, quite frankly.

Anyway, it's really handy how you've managed to get your internet back when things are beginning looking up for NUFC now we've suffered a lot of the consequences of last summer's neglect.  It might have been really tricky for you to defend the indefensible over the last few months, although I'm sure you'd have given it your best shot.

Oh actually, I heard there was functionality on Tapatalk for you to actually make posts if you like, did you realise that?  If you could return the favour and let me know more about the "Store away old posts so you can lord it over people like a smug prick after hiding for months" feature that would be much obliged.

Credit where it's due, the board f*cked up massively in the summer but they have acknowledged it and given the manager a fighting chance. I reckon Colo and Tiote will be out in the summer because of the way the club maintains its wagebill and so on. Cabaye is a certainty for captain, not just because he's good leadership material but he's no doubt helped us punch above our weight with French players in the transfer market. It would also help keep him at the club and might be enough to keep other key French players here. With Anita and Sissoko both new players then Tiote is going to look like the odd one out at a club which can't afford too many 'purples'. I'd be sad to see him go because on his day he is top class and still got plenty years left in him. I hope the Haidara signing is about squad strength and doesn't have implications for Santon's future.

My fear is these incomings will be followed by outgoings to balance the books in summer and the good work will be undone. Let's hope a strong finish to the season is enough to convince our better players such as Ben Arfa that this season was a blip. As for the board, I hope they have learned lessons from last summer but it's often been one step forward and two steps back.

:thup: Agree with most of that, except I hold a (possibly misguided) hope that they've re-thought this ludicrous purple players nonsense.

I think Tiote might be off as well mind, although how much do you think we would get for him?  Certainly nowhere near as much as once upon a time.  £10m absolutely tops, probably more like 6 or 7.  Still a nice profit, mind.

:lol: Such a horrible person, quite frankly.

<SMB-levels of obsessive>

Not sure why you bother tbh; if that's your definition of a 'horrible person' then I'd hate to think just how far removed from your 'Waaaaallsend' roots you've actually become. Or were you always in the group of kids sniffing glue to pretend the outside world wasn't real?

I think it's only you and Neesy who bother with the personal stuff now (the company you're keeping says a lot); however, it's good to see from your last post that you're still maintaining a positive mindset towards the club.

Seeing as Dave didn't answer the earlier question; which of our current squad would you be genuinely upset about selling if the board had to balance the books in the summer?

Krul? HBA?