Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I wonder what the non playing staff are thinking? I bet they feckin hate Ashley right now. Why didn't he just give them the 4k? Not on. :/

£4k is quite a hefty bonus at the moment tbf, think my last one was about 1.8% which unfortunately doesn't quite add up to £4,000 :lol:

Given that the likelihood is we'll lose, the media heat he will bring on himself for the tea lady missing out on this bonus just seems futile. Typically myopic and idiotic.

Nah. It's a bit of fun that can potentially benefit all parties involved. If we lose, which is probable, so what? The staff had a bit of excitement, the players hopefully had some extra motivation etc

:lol: :aww:

Nah. It's a bit of fun that can potentially benefit all parties involved. If we lose, which is probable, so what? The staff had a bit of excitement, the players hopefully had some extra motivation etc

:lol: Can tell you've never managed a successful team.

Says something of the quality of the people that post on here, that when a man does something good, it gets shot down. Tea lady has chance of getting a wad of cash, wow..... so terrible..... im embarrassed to be a supporter today....how could she....

He should just give it to her either way then, or give it to her for something she can control.

Yes.  If my bonus was dependent on someone else's performance I'd probably leave that company, thanks very much.

Standard practice in retail, the guys on the shop floor have very little influence on their bonus it's down to the decisions at the top in sourcing product, advertising, pricing etc.  But I agree that the whole thing is crass, if he wanted to reward the rank and file he should have just done it rather than hinge it something out of their control.

Good God.

It's not their normal bonus :lol:

Says something of the quality of the people that post on here, that when a man does something good, it gets shot down. Tea lady has chance of getting a wad of cash, wow..... so terrible..... im embarrassed to be a supporter today....how could she....

He should just give it to her either way then, or give it to her for something she can control.

Yes.  If my bonus was dependent on someone else's performance I'd probably leave that company, thanks very much.

Standard practice in retail, the guys on the shop floor have very little influence on their bonus it's down to the decisions at the top in sourcing product, advertising, pricing etc.  But I agree that the whole thing is crass, if he wanted to reward the rank and file he should have just done it rather than hinge it something out of their control.

they may well get a normal bonus on top of it. :D

It's stupid, likely to engender disaffection and demotivation amongst non-playing staff when the players let them down again. You have to ask why would anyone do that at all, let alone do it so publicly?

It's stupid, likely to engender disaffection and demotivation amongst non-playing staff when the players let them down again. You have to ask why would anyone do that at all, let alone do it so publicly?

Because we're now talking about that rather than the ineptitude shown on the pitch. It's embarrassing small-time bullshit.

Or maybe the players will actually funking try?! :p and you'll end up fostering an already good relationship between players and non playing staff, lose or win.

Obviously I don't know what the relationship between playing and non playing staff is, but I'd hazard a guess that's it's decent because if it's bad then yes this whole thing would engender dissatisfaction etc etc if we lose.

Because we're now talking about that rather than the ineptitude shown on the pitch. It's embarrassing small-time bullshit.

Go jump off a bridge. :p

Go jump off a bridge. :p

I think I'd rather do that tbh, if this is people's idea of "fun". :lol:

Absolute nonsense.

It's like someone sticking a free bet on for you. I'm not going to be upset with anyone if we lose, but I'll be chuffed if it works and it certainly adds an added interest to a nothing game.

It's the last part of your post that seems to be fairly key. Simply sticks in the throat for some just seeing Ashleys name in the papers.