Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

It would be interesting to know from the incomings that have quite clearly not been spent, whether our "debt" to Ashley has diminished or if he's still holding the full amount over us. That would denote whether he was trousering it or not.

To argue that he isn't trousering it because he injected his own cash into the club is a hollow defence if said loan isn't being reduced when clearly the money is there. Even if it is sat on the balance sheet and looking pretty, the interest from it will be nicely pouring in, but to where?

It would be interesting to know from the incomings that have quite clearly not been spent, whether our "debt" to Ashley has diminished or if he's still holding the full amount over us. That would denote whether he was trousering it or not.

To argue that he isn't trousering it because he injected his own cash into the club is a hollow defence if said loan isn't being reduced when clearly the money is there. Even if it is sat on the balance sheet and looking pretty, the interest from it will be nicely pouring in, but to where?

The money isn't sitting in the balance sheet earning interest, its been spent. The last set of accounts (2012) showed the club broke even and there was very little surplus money sitting anywhere earning anything, in fact from memory we had an overdraft as at 30th June 2012.

Don't know what the 2013 accounts look like yet but we certainly won't have generated much net cash.

I can only see 3 scenarios here, the first two contain vestiges of optimism (sort of). I suspect something along the lines of the last one will be what most would believe:

1) He doesn't want to do business in the summer, prefers January as there is better value around.

2) The club tried to buy players this summer but got screwed over by the player/agent/selling club/JFK incompetence/bigger club offering more.

3) He's got no intention of putting any more money in and wants to reduce or recover his loan over time, although he will sell at any time if someone meets his valuation.

Any other theories out there?

‏@MoneyMikeAshley 20m

See you at the next home game in your new wonga shirts you stupid cunts.

Sums up how I feel.

I'll be at the Hull game purely because I'm owed a ticket by a mate. I can safely say that after nearly 30 years of intermittent support that will be my last game for, well who knows? Probably until we've seen the back of the fat man.

Guest bimpy474

Really is amazing just how much joy this c*** has sucked out of my one real love. I hate him.

It's ok bud, you still have Mrs Bimp........ I seeee!

:smug:

I can only see 3 scenarios here, the first two contain vestiges of optimism (sort of). I suspect something along the lines of the last one will be what most would believe:

1) He doesn't want to do business in the summer, prefers January as there is better value around.

2) The club tried to buy players this summer but got screwed over by the player/agent/selling club/JFK incompetence/bigger club offering more.

3) He's got no intention of putting any more money in and wants to reduce or recover his loan over time, although he will sell at any time if someone meets his valuation.

He's a grade A cunt

I don't understand the concept of loaning money to a club you actually own, unless you have no interest in keeping the club.

Tax reasons, and a happy side effect is it makes the gullible believe paying off the loan at the expense of investing in the club is somehow beneficial in the long term.

I don't understand the concept of loaning money to a club you actually own, unless you have no interest in keeping the club.

Tax reasons, and a happy side effect is it makes the gullible believe paying off the loan at the expense of investing in the club is somehow beneficial in the long term.

Well, also the club no longer suffers the cost of paying back commercial loans to a third party.

No. Pretty sure number three covers it entirely.

Well, also the club no longer suffers the cost of paying back commercial loans to a third party.

What's that got to do with not writing off the loan to himself altogether, which was the question Shearergol asked?

I knew you would take the bait too.. :p

I would like to start the ball rolling by giving Ashley an official vote of no confidence in the running of Newcastle United football club

He's a grade A c***

I'd put that one under 3) tbh. 

Mike Ashley has sucked out Mrs Bimpy?

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/disgusted/grand/disg_kfdj897.gif

Bimpy, you'll have to post a picture of the mrs on here. Ive got a feeling she is actually a stunner and you just want all of us to think she is a monster so no one on here tries to steal her away.