Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Current share price of his company: £6.92

Share price of said company when he bought NUFC: 36p

Yet some people still think the tens of millions of pounds worth of free advertising in the most popular sporting competition in the world has had nothing to do with it, and that he should continue to strip his loan back, in full, from NUFC as quickly as possible.

Guest WashyGeordie

Yet some people still think the tens of millions of pounds worth of free advertising in the most popular sporting competition in the world has had nothing to do with it, and that he should continue to strip his loan back, in full, from NUFC as quickly as possible.

Seen it somewhere recently (might of been the Mag's facebook actually) said that they estimate the advertising of SD at £8mil per year... £8mil we're technically losing a year in "free" advertisement...

Seen it somewhere recently (might of been the Mag's facebook actually) said that they estimate the advertising of SD at £8mil per year... £8mil we're technically losing a year in "free" advertisement...

How much would you put on the amount of publicity the company got over the whole 'SD @ SJP' . You can't put a price on that, any publicity is good publicity.

I really think the only way out of this is if we get relegated again.

He is happy to see us mid-table with the advertisement.

I can't bare this club with no ambition, what is the point.

It really is that for me. It's so sad but that hits the nail on the head.

People go on and on about oh so and so have over-paid a bit for that player etc. It's easy to forget that football is all about having a bit of ambition and daring to dream of success. If you don't even try and compete and improve then really what hope can the fans have really?

Sad and low time to be a Newcastle fan with no end to this cost cutting era in site.

Annoyed me that Sky and the press etc haven't focused more on the fact we were the only club not to spend a penny and brought up quotes from Kinnear etc from the start of the summer. The club deserve a lot of abuse for this and if we were any of the top teams the press probably would make a big deal of it.

There are more bargains in Jan, that's basically his thinking. He's not ultimately too concerned with developing the first 11 to the next level.

He won't sign one bloody player if we have a decent points total by January that means we won't be going down.

Annoyed me that Sky and the press etc haven't focused more on the fact we were the only club not to spend a penny and brought up quotes from Kinnear etc from the start of the summer. The club deserve a lot of abuse for this and if we were any of the top teams the press probably would make a big deal of it.

This has been remarkably obvious. Imagine if this were Arsenal - every season they lose one home game against a crappy team and the media en masse pump articles out about a crisis. The only time they're interested in us is when we've got some circus going on, when in fact what has happened this summer as a whole (rather than just the piss stained old drunk's ramblings) is far more damaging and much more worthy of examination and critique.

They couldn't give a shit and this gives him even more license to do what the fuck he wants.

That's insane it's even harder to get players in january normally and more expensive. I remember pardew and kinnear bangin on about that.

And yet we managed to sign 5 in about a week in January when the shit was about to hit the fan. Funny that...

Strange that signing players becomes a lot easier when there's a bit of urgency/need. Very odd.

With that line David Craig kept coming out with as well (blatantly being fed it from the club) that we feel we can get more bargains in the January window. A load of bollocks by the way as it's usually seen as the opposite but anyway that word BARGAIN again. All they care about is picking up some cheap players whether we need them in a position or not.

Ashley would take 17th place every year so his Sports Direct brand can get free advertisement on a global stage like the Premier League. We spent fuck all last summer and literally nothing this summer. He's risking it, seeing if we can see out the season at no extra cost. If it looks like we're in trouble, buy in January. If we're fine carry on and save the cash. That philosophy will never work in this league, especially if he is picking up managers from the scrap heap in League One and a Director of Football from the floor of his local boozer. The club is a shambles, and I honestly think Ashley is going no where, why would he give up free Sports Direct advertising in the Premier League?

:D Sitting by a keyboard on Facebook then.  look at the wonders it has done for the Occupy Movements, Iran and the Syrian rebels, etc.  Facebook activism, the finest form yet  :lol:

If you cannot contribute fuck off

Ashley has managed to suck all the hope out of this football club.  Once he's finished well be left for the buzzards.

We will have more hope than ever when he leaves even if we are in the Championship.

I would take that, at least we could regain a little hope, even if it was false hope.

Ashley has managed to suck all the hope out of this football club.  Once he's finished well be left for the buzzards.

Still think this is the saddest part of everything at the moment, everyone has had the fight taken out of them and loads seem more than happy to accept mediocrity. If people at the club had been spouting some of the shit they do now 10 years ago there would have been hell on.

Not that i'm blaming anyone for it, I can't help but feel apathetic about the club most of the time nowadays.