Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Whatever is true of the interest payments, every club bar Newcastle sells their advertising space to the highest bidder as far as I'm aware.  No matter what business the owner is in.

I don't think this is true.

Whatever is true of the interest payments, every club bar Newcastle sells their advertising space to the highest bidder as far as I'm aware.  No matter what business the owner is in.

I don't think this is true.

Yeah some clubs wouldn't let Wonga sponsor them even if they stumped up the most.

Seems odd that him and uncal Joe were both at the game again. Probably a thinly veiled threat to Pards as to who will be taking his place if he doesn't look like achieving PL mediocrity

Less chance to be busy on a Monday night plus it's the safety of a poorly attended away fixture.

I have lived and breathed this club all my life and have probably cared too much about results to the detriment of my missus and family if the truth was known. I suppose that is probably typical of a lot of us football daft blokes.

Well congratulations Mike Ashley, you have succeeded in squeezing the passion out of this fan and I for one feel nothing anymore and will not return until you are gone. Maybe then I will be able to take pride in my club again whatever league they may be in.

Why can't he see that having a system where you have a limited manager who has little or no say in who the players the club buys is not working?

I do believe that if Pardew could choose the players the club buys we wouldn't be this sh*te. We'd still be sh*te but not THIS sh*te.

I know it's the Mail, but worth sharing;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz2gSidsn7D

Ashley joined Kinnear at Everton as Toon fans suffered... but are they listening?

By DOMINIC KING

The game had just been effectively taken from their reach when the chant erupted. Having travelled 190 miles to watch their team perform atrociously for 45 minutes, the Newcastle supporters let their feelings be known.

'We want our money back!' they hollered repeatedly, as Everton celebrations following Ross Barkley’s splendid second goal subsided.

Then, as Romelu Lukaku sauntered on to a Tim Howard’s long ball to grab his second goal of the night, those housed in the corner of the Bullens Road stand turned their attentions elsewhere.

'

You cockney b*******! Get out of our club!' they exclaimed.

No prizes for guessing who the invective was reserved for. Visits from Newcastle United used to be colourful, enjoyable occasions. You were guaranteed an entertaining, keenly contested game and the supporters who ventured down from the Northeast would add to the occasion.

The Newcastle United of 2013, however, is very different to the one that went before. Though there was an impressive rally when substitute Yohan Cabaye and Loic Remy gave hope of an improbable comeback, it should not mask the lack of quality and passion in Newcastle’s play at Goodison Park.

Standing in his technical area, running his hands through his hair and scribbling observations in a little black note book, Alan Pardew looked forlorn, at the end of his tether in the first half. He needs all the help he can get from his players but, here, none was forthcoming. It hasn’t been for months.

With owner Mike Ashley and Director of Football Joe Kinnear watching and scrutinising events, seemingly waiting to be given any excuse to relieve him of his duties, results and performances as bad as the first 45 minutes only serve to make Pardew’s position even less secure.

But if they do happen to get rid of Pardew, what good would that do this lumbering giant of a club? The away end was far from full at Goodison, seeming to suggest the fans that used to travel in droves are growing weary of the continual soap opera that dogs their club.

Newcastle could be a real force with the right investment. Their stadium is fantastic, the city would come alive if success came their way and the history of the club should both attract good players and make them proud to play for ‘The Toon’.

For some risible reason, however, the current regime appears happy for it to sink slowly away. Do Ashley and Kinnear have any genuine desire to see Newcastle compete? Do they understand the frustration and hurt their actions are generating?

If they hadn’t before, the situation should have become loud and clear after Barkley’s effort had rippled beyond Tim Krul. There was a crumb of consolation with the second half performance but not enough to make the journey home pleasant. They deserve so much better.

Good article that.

Did anyone see Joey Bartons (yeah......I know) tweet last night about 'giving MA an excuse get rid of Pardew'? He tweeted it whilst we were 3 down but the tone was interesting. As though it's common knowledge that MA wants rid/is looking for an excuse.

The article above also suggests that MA/JFK are 'waiting for an excuse'.

Strange given MA has never seemed to need an excuse.

I half expected him to be gone this am. I think the only thing keeping him in a job is the sheer lack of replacements on the market.

I believe Pardew has the next two games (if at all) Two defeats will see him gone. I think Ashley would sooner jettison Pardew than have more heat turned on himself.

Agree totally BG - I also think Pardew has 2 games, 3 at best, to save his skin...not that I want him to because I think he's a disastrous manager, but as always, it is the likely next contender that makes us all nervous because we know Ashley is a loose cannon and could bring in another tosser.

The likes of Poyet and RDM are the best we could hope for under this regime and maybe even that is stretching it...

Talking about Newcastle United and Mike Ashley makes me feel sick. I am sick of repeating the same old shit, sick of reading about it, sick of having to witness my favorite childhood football club rot, and become an anonymous, mediocre football club without any ambitious besides balancing the sheets.

It is not fun being a Newcastle supporter these days. It definitely should be, but it is not. If anything my club is, as Kevin Keegan described it; “shambles”. Newcastle has always been a mysterious and unpredictable football club, mostly for the worst, but pulling off the odd amazing news like signing Ben Arfa, Cabaye (and some of the names in the 90s) is always exciting.

Unfortunately, the club is better described as dull and unpredictable these days, to the extent that the unpredictable has become predictable. To the best of my writing ability, I am going to refrain from repeating the criticism, and concerns, that have been raised ever since 2007 in numerous threads, and articles.

Instead, I am going to write it quite directly, whilst keeping it simple; I hate Mike Ashley from here and to the moon, and back. He has brought nothing but shame and embarrassment, and honestly, he does not have a place in the “good company” of today’s PL club owners – at least not amongst those aiming towards developing for the better. 

I do not know how much money Mike Ashley has, what is he good for? However, judging by his reign, I highly doubt he has neither the financial means*, nor the determination, to ever build a progressive football club.

* Or the will/commitment to invest.

In the recent week(s) there has been speculative discussions with regards to Mike Ashley true intentions with Newcastle United, e.g. advertising vehicle for Sports Direct. For me, that makes perfectly sense. Mike Ashley is trying to run Newcastle the same way he runs his beloved SD.

In theory, that should not prove too difficult if you strictly consider the two (SD and NUFC) as purely businesses. However, the reality is quite different. Unlike SD, Ashley is dependent on a successful manager, qualified and skilled backroom staff, but most of all motivated and passionate players, and fans. The latter might well prove to be Mike Ashley’s “Achilles heel” as both the players, the fans (and the media) slowly uncovers how he operates the club. Bit by bit, step by step….

As far as I am concerned, you can only “buy yourself out of trouble” (in this case, seal the club’s survival) so many times before the odds turn against you. Newcastle is a selling club, and the club’s strategy is to buy low and sell high.. and most recently; buy in January only.

The players we get are near the end if their contract, and I heard they said (in the football studio some time ago) that a lot of the players we got have had disputes with their former clubs before signing for Newcastle.

With that in mind, the club is in real trouble if this group of players decide to turn against the manager, and the owner, and I do believe the fans play an important role in such a scenario …. Thoughts?

Good article that.

Did anyone see Joey Bartons (yeah......I know) tweet last night about 'giving MA an excuse get rid of Pardew'? He tweeted it whilst we were 3 down but the tone was interesting. As though it's common knowledge that MA wants rid/is looking for an excuse.

I half expected him to be gone this am. I think the only thing keeping him in a job is the sheer lack of replacements on the market.

its been a common enough theory on here let alone anywhere else that Ashley is looking to get rid of Ashley, where I disagree with the waiting for an excuse thing to a degree is the simple fact they're trying to force him into walking with the presence of JFK. Seem to recall an article in the mail where theres no cheap release clause in Pardews contract and if he was sacked it would have to be paid in full which obviously Ashley doesn't want to so as it stands its ashley and jfk hovering waiting for him to walk. Or at least thats my theory.

Good article that.

Ashley is  an idiot, should have sacked pardew in the summer when there were quiet a few interesting managers available.

I think i would be shocked if he actually sacked him...

I believe Pardew has the next two games (if at all) Two defeats will see him gone. I think Ashley would sooner jettison Pardew than have more heat turned on himself.

Agree totally BG - I also think Pardew has 2 games, 3 at best, to save his skin...not that I want him to because I think he's a disastrous manager, but as always, it is the likely next contender that makes us all nervous because we know Ashley is a loose cannon and could bring in another tosser.

The likes of Poyet and RDM are the best we could hope for under this regime and maybe even that is stretching it...

Kinnear will have himself lined up should Pardew be binned.

He'll get what he deserves; a championship club by the end of the season.

TBh relegation in the short/long  term may be a blessing in disguise if Ashleys revenue stream suffers and he trys to sell actively

TBh relegation in the short/long  term may be a blessing in disguise if Ashleys revenue stream suffers and he trys to sell actively

We thought this the first time around and nothing materialised.

Club is pretty much un-sellable whilst it's straddled with that debt, interest free or not.

I know it's the Mail, but worth sharing;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz2gSidsn7D

Ashley joined Kinnear at Everton as Toon fans suffered... but are they listening?

By DOMINIC KING

The game had just been effectively taken from their reach when the chant erupted. Having travelled 190 miles to watch their team perform atrociously for 45 minutes, the Newcastle supporters let their feelings be known.

'We want our money back!' they hollered repeatedly, as Everton celebrations following Ross Barkley’s splendid second goal subsided.

Then, as Romelu Lukaku sauntered on to a Tim Howard’s long ball to grab his second goal of the night, those housed in the corner of the Bullens Road stand turned their attentions elsewhere.

'

You cockney b*******! Get out of our club!' they exclaimed.

No prizes for guessing who the invective was reserved for. Visits from Newcastle United used to be colourful, enjoyable occasions. You were guaranteed an entertaining, keenly contested game and the supporters who ventured down from the Northeast would add to the occasion.

The Newcastle United of 2013, however, is very different to the one that went before. Though there was an impressive rally when substitute Yohan Cabaye and Loic Remy gave hope of an improbable comeback, it should not mask the lack of quality and passion in Newcastle’s play at Goodison Park.

Standing in his technical area, running his hands through his hair and scribbling observations in a little black note book, Alan Pardew looked forlorn, at the end of his tether in the first half. He needs all the help he can get from his players but, here, none was forthcoming. It hasn’t been for months.

With owner Mike Ashley and Director of Football Joe Kinnear watching and scrutinising events, seemingly waiting to be given any excuse to relieve him of his duties, results and performances as bad as the first 45 minutes only serve to make Pardew’s position even less secure.

But if they do happen to get rid of Pardew, what good would that do this lumbering giant of a club? The away end was far from full at Goodison, seeming to suggest the fans that used to travel in droves are growing weary of the continual soap opera that dogs their club.

Newcastle could be a real force with the right investment. Their stadium is fantastic, the city would come alive if success came their way and the history of the club should both attract good players and make them proud to play for ‘The Toon’.

For some risible reason, however, the current regime appears happy for it to sink slowly away. Do Ashley and Kinnear have any genuine desire to see Newcastle compete? Do they understand the frustration and hurt their actions are generating?

If they hadn’t before, the situation should have become loud and clear after Barkley’s effort had rippled beyond Tim Krul. There was a crumb of consolation with the second half performance but not enough to make the journey home pleasant. They deserve so much better.

This is what I don't get about Ashley.  Everyone says we could we a real force if managed correctly but that Ashley seems happy to let it all slip away.  I keep saying it but the longer he stays, the more damaged the club becomes.  I get that he wants the club to be self-sufficient, I get the transfer policy but I don't get why he is happy for the club to sink into terminal decline.

I know he probably thinks he knows best but he must hear of all this criticism which is coming from all areas - it is not just the fans, it is ex-players, experienced football people, the media.  I wonder if he ever thinks "they have a point".

He may not care about NUFC but does he not even care that he is damaging his investment.  And all that free publicity will not be as effective if we get relegated.

We thought this the first time around and nothing materialised.

Club is pretty much un-sellable whilst it's straddled with that debt, interest free or not.

He basically washed his hands with the club over that summer. The only thing he didn't do was have a fire sale, basically because he could afford not to. He only started to get slightly interested again once Hughton, Nolan, Barton and co somehow managed to sort us out into an actual football team again.

Kinnear will have himself lined up should Pardew be binned.

He might, but I reckon he's a short-term fill-in at best....health isn't good enough to do PL management now.

He might, but I reckon he's a short-term fill-in at best....health isn't good enough to do PL management now.

i've been wondering this, do clubs have to insure managers like they do players?  they'd never get insurance for kinnear like - also MA would be proving himself to be the worst cunt imaginable if he appointed him if only from the health side