Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I think Ashley is preparing us for a stock market flotation

That statement makes a lot of sense... He has experience doing it with SD, he can't find a buyer, NUFC has bags of potential and could really become a popular club again with success, he wants his 240 mill back...

Whoever was in charge of administrating the club might have a much more positive outlook o n the way we were run... PLEASE!!!

Don't see it - share prices are indicitive of future performance (or projected performance), you would be looking to maiximse income streams in preparation for a floatation.

Cost control like we've seen at NUFC points more to a full sale than a floatation

that's what i was thinking, said it better than i was going to - we're not a good investment, not at all

Don't see it - share prices are indicitive of future performance (or projected performance), you would be looking to maiximse income streams in preparation for a floatation.

Cost control like we've seen at NUFC points more to a full sale than a floatation

I don't think it points to either. I think it points to self-financing. We're structured to aid "the group structure". The group consists of us and Sports Direct among others and is Ashley's personal revenue stream. He's getting wealthier because of this arrangement. He's not looking to sell.

I don't think it points to either. I think it points to self-financing. We're structured to aid "the group structure". The group consists of us and Sports Direct among others and is Ashley's personal revenue stream. He's getting wealthier because of this arrangement. He's not looking to sell.

Not an expert on stock markets and all that jazz, but what's stopping him offering shares and advertising space if it's making SD more money at the moment? Would Ashley accept selling, say, 25% of the club and advertising space for a big chunk of money? Surely if SD profits have went up and could be pinned to increased exposure in the premier league, with the club also becoming self sustainable to a degree, that would be an attractive proposition for an investor?  :undecided:

Just want rid of this fucking bandit now

Not an expert on stock markets and all that jazz, but what's stopping him offering shares and advertising space if it's making SD more money at the moment? Would Ashley accept selling, say, 25% of the club and advertising space for a big chunk of money? Surely if SD profits have went up and could be pinned to increased exposure in the premier league, with the club also becoming self sustainable to a degree, that would be an attractive proposition for an investor?  :undecided:

Just want rid of this f***ing bandit now

That money would have to be the equivalent of what he expects to earn from Sports Direct in the forthcoming years - i.e. how much the free marketing is valued at.

In my mind there's no point in investing heavily in an entity (this case club) that is

a) already heavily associated with and branded by another brand - there'd be an immediate conflict of interests between Ashley and the parties.

b) not expecting or aiming to grow, but rather being conciously handicapped by it's majority shareholder and his self-inflicted debt.

Guest neesy111

No doubt this sale won't find it's way back to the club.

We are officially being asset stripped now imo.

He's a twat but it's somewhat irrelevant. The only way that's getting extended is if we get taken over by someone who cares and if that happens they can buy the land back.

Am I right in thinking the proposed expansion only adds 8k as well? With the TV money nowadays, that's next to nothing in terms of new revenue.

He's a t*** but it's somewhat irrelevant. The only way that's getting extended is if we get taken over by someone who cares and if that happens they can buy the land back.

Am I right in thinking the proposed expansion only adds 8k as well? With the TV money nowadays, that's next to nothing in terms of new revenue.

What? And break whatever new building was constructed there down?

He's a t*** but it's somewhat irrelevant. The only way that's getting extended is if we get taken over by someone who cares and if that happens they can buy the land back.

What? And break whatever new building was constructed there down?

:lol: