Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Those quotes alone don't seem damning. It wouldn't surprise me if Ashley was actually investing well on the academy - as it'd mean he'd get more Carroll-esque paydays and avoid more signing fees - though with Pardew, I don't know how anyone youngster could break into the first team, so it's all a bit self-defeating even if there is some genuine good work going on at youth levels.

Guest neesy111

Those quotes alone don't seem damning. It wouldn't surprise me if Ashley was actually investing well on the academy - as it'd mean he'd get more Carroll-esque paydays and avoid more signing fees - though with Pardew, I don't know how anyone youngster could break into the first team, so it's all a bit self-defeating even if there is some genuine good work going on at youth levels.

There's no philosophy throughout the club where a youngster could come into the side and know exactly how the players around him would be playing, this is because we change tactics all the time etc.

There's no philosophy throughout the club where a youngster could come into the side and know exactly how the players around him would be playing, this is because we change tactics all the time etc.

:thup:

I don't think any investment would be geared towards the development of a team of players, or even groups, but more for individuals (with strong athletic abilities and workrate rather than technical skill) :lol:

Guest neesy111

This is why building great facilities is almost useless if the set-up of the academy is hopeless and the coaches are shite.  They are all interlinked together, if you do get all parts of the academy working correctly then you will then see players coming through.

Guest tollemache

Dummett says hi

Dummett says hi

tell him to fuck off

more arse licking from Beardsley,  i would doubt he would get a coaching job at any other premier league side.  From what i have seen of him at reserve and youth team games his main use and purpose is putting out the cones and handing out bibs!

Guest neesy111

He was a massive nob well before Ashley arrived. If rumours are to be believed anyway.

I've heard this as well.  He had that court case that James Beaumont and Ross Gardner took against him in 2002.

Dummett says hi

Do you think Dummett is the best left back at the club?  Second best?  I'd put him third best behind Santon and Haidara so barring injuries he shouldn't be near the matchday squad.

I think he's better defensively then Haidara, and he's got a better cross on him currently.  Haidara is incredibly raw.  Santon just needs to get his head back on straight, but I think we've actually missed him greatly.

We need an overhaul of the U21/Academy from the top.

Get rid of Joe Joyce first, bring in a new Academy Director who can spot a talent and get the most out of them and has a philosophy of passing football, then bring in an U21/U18 manager who has the same passing play philosophy and go from there.

He's worked as Academy Director since 2007 and it hasn't improved much at all, apart from fluking Category 1 status on the second attempt.

Beardsley has been a major brown-noser since Ashley has been here and for me, it's disappointing to see. Met PB a few times and he comes across as a decent man.

Beardsley's an absolutely smashing bloke who is obviously (somehow) able to detach himself from his work.

Guest chopey

I cant believe poor Mike has been denied a multi million pound bonus by them rotten shareholders, I just hope he can get a good price for Krul, Tiote and Debuchy so that he can pay his bills this year.

Never realised (till this afternoon) that he also has the ECB mail order thingy tied up as well!

You buy from their store-the acknowledgement comes via SD

He is well on track to rule the world within a year or two IMO.

There really is no escape from him

Never realised (till this afternoon) that he also has the ECB mail order thingy tied up as well!

You buy from their store-the acknowledgement comes via SD

He is well on track to rule the world within a year or two IMO.

There really is no escape from him

:anguish:

He was a massive nob well before Ashley arrived. If rumours are to be believed anyway.

I've heard this as well.  He had that court case that James Beaumont and Ross Gardner took against him in 2002.

Its scary that was 12 years ago!