Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Just thinking about Ashleys tenure here and what will happen when he does finally leave at some stage. The longer he stays here and s***s on this clubs heritage and once decent reputation (wel.. in spells.. :lol: ), it will take as long, if not longer, to have this rebuilt under the next ownership :anguish: I hadn't really considered this before, but surely if this keeps up any longer players will surely view us as a 2 bit, stepping stone club :( ? It's starting already

Just thinking about Ashleys tenure here and what will happen when he does finally leave at some stage. The longer he stays here and s***s on this clubs heritage and once decent reputation (wel.. in spells.. :lol: ), it will take as long, if not longer, to have this rebuilt under the next ownership :anguish: I hadn't really considered this before, but surely if this keeps up any longer players will surely view us as a 2 bit, stepping stone club :( ? It's starting already

Just pray the next owner of this club is filthy rich and takes less time to re-build the club.

Just pray the next owner of this club is filthy rich and takes less time to re-build the club.

Not even filthy rich, just has right mentality and club fortunes at heart. A owner that actually gives a shit and is astute enough to realise how shit we are playing and how awful the manager is would be great.

I would take a owner with nowhere near as much as Ashley if they put a structure in place that lets the club breathe again.

The richer the owner, the quicker our club's proud name is restored to the mass. I don't disagree with you, I'd take Southampton or Everton style ownership and be happy with slow measured build-up and success - but that would mean we bring in exciting payers & cultivate youth squad + playing great football.  But then agin, Life is too fucking short man, and I'd like to enjoy football again and even get a glimmer of a trophy somewhere.

Guest neesy111

I've heard incredible things about our academy for the last 12 years, fuck all has happened in terms of players coming through.

Beardsley is a joke of a coach as well from what I've heard.

I've heard incredible things about our academy for the last 12 years, f*** all has happened in terms of players coming through.

Beardsley is a joke of a coach as well from what I've heard.

He's also Ashley's little lapdog as far as I'm concerned.

One of our best ever players imo but as you say he does what he is told. Quite sad really.

Sad that someone who was such an integral part of our entertainers team and experienced all the good times that came with it could be such a supporter of THIS regime.

Very much agree with this. I just can't get my head around it. He can't be THAT despersate for cash and work surely.

Sullying his rep big style for me. :(

Guest reefatoon

Beardsley has sold his soul to the devil.  He was an absolutely fantastic player for us, but christ on a bike, the tussling between him and Pardew to see who can get their tongue the furthest up Ashley's hoop is embarrassing.  Going way down in my estimations.