Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Think of when Ashley fucks off and you can finally tear those ads down.

http://www.digdang.com/media/images/berlin_wall_being_torn_down_7487.jpg

Knowing our luck there'll be something in the terms of the sale about keeping SD adverts.

Think of when Ashley fucks off and you can finally tear those ads down.

http://www.digdang.com/media/images/berlin_wall_being_torn_down_7487.jpg

:lol: Genuinely all I'm looking forward to re: NUFC.

Watched the dispatches programme last night and was a bit deflated by the whole thing.

Rolling out some craggy old lawyer to babble on about 'possible' breaches of consumer law doesn't really amount to much.

I guess I was hoping for some sort of financial wrongdoing or offshore sheltering or something to make things a bit more spicy for them.

As it is, I don't think MA will be that arsed about what they uncovered really.

He'll take it personally, of course, but when it's looked at in the cold light of day, I think they'll view it as a bit of a lucky escape.

Also, would love to know who owns those two x labour agencies they use. Nailed on to be a mate of his/a link to Ashley somewhere.

Watched the dispatches programme last night and was a bit deflated by the whole thing.

Rolling out some craggy old lawyer to babble on about 'possible' breaches of consumer law doesn't really amount to much.

I guess I was hoping for some sort of financial wrongdoing or offshore sheltering or something to make things a bit more spicy for them.

He'll take it personally, of course, but when it's looked at in the cold light of day, I think they'll view it as a bit of a lucky escape.

Also, would love to know who owns those two x labour agencies they use. Nailed on to be a mate of his/a link to Ashley somewhere.

Agree - their biggest pitch seemed to be the fact they advertise standard prices as sales / huge price cuts to get more people through doors - something I'm sure a lot of shops do. Also, the zero hours and crap working regime at the warehouse, they wont be alone in pushing staff as far as possible.

However, the SD/NUFC thing clearly has hit a nerve, and the fact that club shop merchandise revenue now appears to go straight to SD is something that deserved more investigation. As well as Wonga sponsorship and the SD stadium advertising - but they brushed that one off as an owner 'using one to advertise the other'.

Anyway, see what the 'full statement' has to say on the SD/NUFC revenue link. But its at least good that its prompted the club to respond.

A strategy of targetting SD is clearly the way to get to Ashley.

Agree - their biggest pitch seemed to be the fact they advertise standard prices as sales / huge price cuts to get more people through doors - something I'm sure a lot of shops do. Also, the zero hours and crap working regime at the warehouse, they wont be alone in pushing staff as far as possible.

However, the SD/NUFC thing clearly has hit a nerve, and the fact that club shop merchandise revenue now appears to go straight to SD is something that deserved more investigation. As well as Wonga sponsorship and the SD stadium advertising - but they brushed that one off as an owner 'using one to advertise the other'.

Anyway, see what the 'full statement' has to say on the SD/NUFC revenue link. But its at least good that its prompted the club to respond.

:thup:

Yeah - I remember the 'Officers Club' etc doing the same trick 20 odd years ago.

It's not new or even really that misleading imho. If you are happy to pay £6.99 for a pay of shorts, do you really give a shit if you're told they were 'originally' £25?

Ultimately it's an offer to trade at the final marked price and, if you're happy with it then you will and if not you won't regardless of the closing down signs in the window.

They're clearly playing a bit of a game and bending the rules in terms of advertising etc but none of that is overly sinister imho.

The AshleyOut folk should look at the feasibility of getting a professional TV documentary made about his raping of NUFC. There's more than enough material there and it really would rattle the fat t***.

I'll give £100 towards it.

:thup:

Yeah - I remember the 'Officers Club' etc doing the same trick 20 odd years ago.

It's not new or even really that misleading imho. If you are happy to pay £6.99 for a pay of shorts, do you really give a s*** if you're told they were 'originally' £25?

Ultimately it's an offer to trade at the final marked price and, if you're happy with it then you will and if not you won't regardless of the closing down signs in the window.

They're clearly playing a bit of a game and bending the rules in terms of advertising etc but none of that is overly sinister imho.

Eisenegger in the metrocentre had a closing down sale for 15 years

Yep, wasn't the besr doc. Seemed a bit lazy. Dunno what their budget is but it should stretch further than that.

The responses to the official twitter account fill me with renewed hope in our fan base.

Facebook is even better.

My favourite comment "It's awful when people don't communicate isn't it?"

:lol:

That was me. ;)

swear to god the fucking cheek of these cunts :lol:

weren't they asked at one of their sham meetings about the relationship between SD and NUFC and Ashley smirked and said it was beneficial for SD or something?  now some fucker calls them out on it and they act all hurt

want nothing more than Ashley to burn personally, to see that cunt fall from his perch would be glorious

More than even my worry is that we will continually hire puppet knackers like Pardew, Carver, Charnley, Kinnear et al until Ashley goes. Originally I wanted Carver out immediately, but if he helps us crash and burn then so be it. Ashley needs to go.

What did the programme say which specifically related to the club?

Club shop address is the SD hq. All the money goes to SD. No advertising revenue despite the hundreds of SD adverts in the club etc. Similar with Rangers.

What did the programme say which specifically related to the club?

Club shop address is the SD hq. All the money goes to SD. No advertising revenue despite the hundreds of SD adverts in the club etc. Similar with Rangers.

Cheers, I wondered that too :thup: