Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I've been saying for a while our only hope is a heart attack.

Otherwise we're never getting rid of him, even if he nominally sells up at some point he'll poison the well on the way out so badly it'll take decades to recover.

I've been saying for a while our only hope is a heart attack.

Otherwise we're never getting rid of him, even if he nominally sells up at some point he'll poison the well on the way out so badly it'll take decades to recover.

This is what I fear too. A 200 year stadium sponsorship for £1 a year or something :(

Disillusioned fans really need to start their own club from scratch, Call it Newcastle City, play in white and black, try and get KK involved- might get a club up the leagues faster than getting this one back from him.

It's at the point that clubs like Soton have gone down a few divisions and all the way back up... and surpassed us by a longshot in the Ashley era.

We just need to get him out. Relegation pls.

Southampton aren't a million miles from us in terms of ownership predicament. An owner with no interest in the club who will only invest in the club by piling debt onto it that she'll eventually want back. The difference is that at Southampton there are obviously competent people handling the day to day running of the club.

Ashley isn't going anywhere anytime soon, relegation or not, but with better people running the club things could be very different.

It's at the point that clubs like Soton have gone down a few divisions and all the way back up... and surpassed us by a longshot in the Ashley era.

Southampton aren't a million miles from us in terms of ownership predicament. An owner with no interest in the club who will only invest in the club by piling debt onto it that she'll eventually want back. The difference is that at Southampton there are obviously competent people handling the day to day running of the club.

Ashley isn't going anywhere anytime soon, relegation or not, but with better people running the club things could be very different.

Why do Southampton chose competent people and Ashley doesn't? Ashley lives for the bargain basement. Bargain basement MD & managers.

Why do Southampton chose competent people and Ashley doesn't? Ashley lives for the bargain basement. Bargain basement MD & managers.

And we can only hope he eventually wakes up and sees that it is a false economy.

And we can only hope he eventually wakes up and sees that it is a false economy.

He's been asleep for eight years. He won't wake up.

He's been asleep for eight years. He won't wake up.

This time there is nowhere else for the blame to lie; no supporter protests, no manager walk-outs or heart attacks, no significant injury crisis, no players sold, money has been spent and a manager they chose and almost got us relegated waiting for. The spotlight is now firmly on the board.

Good on Rangers for seeing this cancer for what he is. I note Dave King is trying to pay him off tout de suite to eradicate him from their proud club.

We can only hope a similar saviour comes our way.

Rangers see it - well done them, that's insight we can only dream of - but he's got RFC by the nads even more than he does us. King doesn't have the money to 'pay him off'. He's several billion quid short.

I f***ing miss Freddie Shepherd ffs. I'm glad Sir John sold to Ashley. For all the brilliant things he did in the past, I'll forever be grateful for - ESP every thing I've read from the Keegan books, but f***ing can't stomach he sold the club to Ashley. Hindsight I'm sure...but still.