Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

It's the word consortium that makes me uncomfortable. Have connotations of fraudsters and people with no money from past experiences of consortiums trying takeovers.

I have to say I take this personally.  Every time I've tried to buy the club it has been on the up and up.  I will try to purchase the club again...I just need to find Barry Moats phone number...

That Sunderland journalist who writes for the telegraph mooted this a month or so back (Wendy?).If Rafa gets everything he was promised under Mike i'm sold  :naughty: don't want them thinking they can bring uncle zin wong in to manage us

Oh ffs. Now I have to spend the summer dreading a sale. My scumbag brain is already warming up to good ol' Mike.

I can't imagine Ashley will have any concerns who he sells to, as long as the asking price is met. The thought of some unknown inadequate executives replicating his mistakes for the next 10 years terrifies me to no end. Not a fan of spending beyond our means and buying success either. Fuuuck that insecurity, Ashley IN.

Despite ending up being a meddling tightwad, Ashley's purchase of us didn't really disrupt Allardyce's transfer business that summer. Have to hope for similar if this happens I guess.

Have mixed feelings similar to everyone else, Benitez has apparently just been given assurances re budget and is a top class manager who is transforming the club from top to bottom. It's the one time in recent times I've been confident we're going the right way, and I know our history only too well so it's difficult to be optimistic and carefree about this [emoji38]

That Sunderland journalist who writes for the telegraph mooted this a month or so back (Wendy?).If Rafa gets everything he was promised under Mike i'm sold  :naughty: don't want them thinking they can bring uncle zin wong in to manage us

It was Louise Taylor in The Guardian where I saw it.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/apr/25/newcastle-premier-league-mike-ashley-rafael-benitez

It's hard to see how being bought out by a billionaire is good news, in terms of the heart nd soul of the club and what football is becoming, but since we are already owned by one of the worst billionaires ever, I suppose we should twist, rather than stick.