Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest neesy111

Creative way for Ashley to fuck over Rafa this summer with no transfers until very late on when this is all revealed to be bollocks.

:pardsgrin:

That Sunderland journalist who writes for the telegraph mooted this a month or so back (Wendy?).If Rafa gets everything he was promised under Mike i'm sold  :naughty: don't want them thinking they can bring uncle zin wong in to manage us

It was Louise Taylor in The Guardian where I saw it.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/apr/25/newcastle-premier-league-mike-ashley-rafael-benitez

That's the one  O0

The problem here is that the majority of fans have managed expectations so financial fair play should rise with speculative spend.

As a club we were so far ahead of where Spurs were commercially when Ashley bought us that we have something like a £300m gap now.  To me, that's not progression.

If the Chinese or anyone else buys us then revenue stream will rocket on the back of normal deals being done again with the cash coming into the club rather than some warehouse accounts down South. Just watch.

A risk is continuing on with Ashley and being grateful when things seem to be going smoothly when it should be the norm.

Think it was that well-known NUFC-seer Michaleen Oge Flynn who said:"Ah... June's a nice quiet, peaceful month...so on it's news-absent nights I think I will wind-up the comrades and talk a little takeover." It was something like that anyway... :hmm:

That statement from the club last week about NUFC being the fastest growing brand is starting to make sense now.

I'm a bit torn about this. With Ashley I was prepared to let sleeping dogs lie. Once Rafa had control.

This could be either amazing or another 10 years of hell.

I suppose it wouldn't be NUFC with some stability and certainty.

Are we looking at the same lot from earlier in the season?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chinese-investors-interested-buying-newcastle-12056505.amp

Aleged offer rejected as it was derisory.

So did he get a better offer if we secured prem football, maybe why we were not so desperate to win the title, but just happy to go up? And not overspend in January?

Bit weird how the only English clubs under Chinese ownership are Birmingham, Villa, West Brom and Wolves.

I dunno what to make of this. Ashley has been terrible for basically the entirety of his time here; he's a thoroughly dislikable person and has treated with contempt those who really make make the club exist. If it wasn't for the miracle of last March, the club would be rudderless to the point of sinking by now imo. The present manager has changed everything by being a wonderful and talented human being, who treats the club with the respect it deserves. Ashley doesn't deserve him but the club does.

So I wouldn't be averse to a change by any stretch, it literally all just depends on Rafa. If he's happy - I'm happy. It doesn't matter who's at the head of the whole operation as long as Rafa retains the same amount of control, because he is the club now.

To be frank, today's reports have made me nervous.

Bit weird how the only English clubs under Chinese ownership are Birmingham, Villa, West Brom and Wolves.

I dunno what to make of this. Ashley has been terrible for basically the entirety of his time here; he's a thoroughly dislikable person and has treated those who really make make the club exist with a lot of contempt. If it wasn't for the miracle of last March, the club would be rudderless and drowning by now imo. The present manager has changed everything by being a wonderful and talented human being, who treats the club with the respect it deserves. Ashley doesn't deserve him but the club does.

So I wouldn't be averse to a change by any stretch, it literally all just depends on Rafa. If he's happy - I'm happy. It doesn't matter who's at the head of the whole operation as long as Rafa retains the same amount of control, because he is the club now.

To be frank, today's reports have made me nervous.

Exactly this.