Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

We wait years for a takeover bid and suffer loads in the meantime but when it finally comes..... I dunno. Does it have to be right now?

We're fairly stable, have a great manager and already in a rush to sign players. This is a bit inconvenient, we've seen far too many bad takeovers of late.

Imagine if we get our own Dr Tony Xia :anguish:

Is he that bad really? They had a terrible squad when he took over and he's allowed the managers to spend plenty of money on players

He appointed Di Matteo and sanctioned millions worth of shite signings. 

He chats shit via twitter on a daily basis.

Clearly he hasn't got a clue and comes across as a right gimp

Aye and then replaced him quickly with a manager with a track record of getting teams promoted. I don't think you can blame an owner for bad signings, obviously down to the manager/director of football. He's put loads of money in and they've now built a squad which should have a decent chance of going up. Just because he talks shit on twitter doesn't mean he's a bad owner. I'd be interested to know what Villa fans think of him

Not sure what to make of this.

Whilst Ashley has been a nightmare for pretty much most of his tenure here, things seem quite 'ok' at the moment... Rafa is being allowed to make us a football club again, and we just need some funds spent on the team/squad this summer.

But now this, and it just raises a load of uncertainty... AGAIN!

As for them using the term 'investment', has Ashley not mentioned that before when supposedly trying to sell the club?

Pretty sure I remember then saying whilst potentially selling ,they would also welcome investment in the club.

So perhaps if a sale doesn't happen, then maybe some sort of outside investment could happen, with Ashley staying as owner?

Just hope this doesn't detract/derail our summer plans... or if things are going to happen, then they happen quickly so we can push on and move forward!

Imagine if we get our own Dr Tony Xia :anguish:

Is he that bad really? They had a terrible squad when he took over and he's allowed the managers to spend plenty of money on players

He appointed Di Matteo and sanctioned millions worth of shite signings. 

He chats shit via twitter on a daily basis.

Clearly he hasn't got a clue and comes across as a right gimp

Aye and then replaced him quickly with a manager with a track record of getting teams promoted. I don't think you can blame an owner for bad signings, obviously down to the manager/director of football. He's put loads of money in and they've now built a squad which should have a decent chance of going up. Just because he talks shit on twitter doesn't mean he's a bad owner. I'd be interested to know what Villa fans think of him

Villa fans seem to like him based on my very limited 2 minute search of one of their forums

Guest chopey

A takeover at this stage could wreck our transfer window I wonder if this is whats holding Charnley back.

Guest chopey

Probably a consortium of all the take aways in Newcastle.

Still, I'd be willing to contribute with a sweet and sour chicken balls every Saturday

I've been going to the Landmark on Stowell street before the match and at £5 a pint I've already starting contributing.