Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Trying to second guess the business deals is beyond me, but liking the China-toon idea. Bound to be a play on words with these lyrics. Optimistic starter for ten:" Man, we don't stand a chance of ganning doon with Chinatoon"

I think you're approaching this from the wrong start point.

I have a question regarding this that you guys will probably know. I say question, it's more of a thought at the back of my mind that is just vaguely there but keeps nagging at me.

If a club is getting taken over, is there some sort of transfer embargo in place until it's completed?

I don't think so.

I have a question regarding this that you guys will probably know. I say question, it's more of a thought at the back of my mind that is just vaguely there but keeps nagging at me.

If a club is getting taken over, is there some sort of transfer embargo in place until it's completed?

I don't think so.

nah

Trying to second guess the business deals is beyond me, but liking the China-toon idea. Bound to be a play on words with these lyrics. Optimistic starter for ten:" Man, we don't stand a chance of ganning doon with Chinatoon"

I think you're approaching this from the wrong start point.

Wouldn't be the first time, but I prefer the 'levity lane', regardless of where you end up it always bodes for a better journey  ;)

Nobody knows, but requiring that would be very unwise since we would be much more likely to get relegated and devalue the club in the process.

I think he means something enforced by the FA or Premier League.  In which case the answer is no.

I'm willing to twist tbh.

I get that losing Rafa would be gutting, but fuck Mike Ashley. His regime has done so much damage to the club and it's just a matter of time before he fucks it all up again. From a personal point of view I've lost so much of my passion for NUFC under this cunt, passion that I doubt I'll ever get back. I'll take whatever uncertainty would come with his departure because he's an utter cunt.

I get that losing Rafa would be gutting, but f*** Mike Ashley. His regime has done so much damage to the club and it's just a matter of time before he f***s it all up again. From a personal point of view I've lost so much of my passion for NUFC under this c***, passion that I doubt I'll ever get back. I'll take whatever uncertainty would come with his departure because he's an utter c***.

This, this, this. I still barely get out of my seat if we score a goal these days. I direct it all to that fat cunt

Guest neesy111

People have clearly forgotten about the previous 10 years if they want Ashley to stay.  2 relegation's, disgraceful treatment of 2 club legends within a year, Joke Kinnear twice, Pardew!!!, Graeme Carr, 4 relegation fights etc.

Obviously we shouldn't sell if these are dodgy characters but if they are genuine then deciding that you want them to buy us should be an easy decision to make.

People have clearly forgotten about the previous 10 years if they want Ashley to stay.  2 relegation's, disgraceful treatment of 2 club legends within a year, Joke Kinnear twice, Pardew!!!, Graeme Carr, 4 relegation fights etc.

Obviously we shouldn't sell if these are dodgy characters but if they are genuine then deciding that you want them to buy us should be an easy decision to make.

Don't think anyone wants him to stay, I think some people are fearful of a leveraged buy out and potential of insolvency.

Once we know who the buyer is we will be able to make more informed decisions.

Guest neesy111

Don't think anyone wants him to stay, I think some people are fearful of a leveraged buy out and potential of insolvency.

Once we know who the buyer is we will be able to make more informed decisions.

I've got a friend who wants him to stay. :idiot2:

I get that losing Rafa would be gutting, but f*** Mike Ashley. His regime has done so much damage to the club and it's just a matter of time before he f***s it all up again. From a personal point of view I've lost so much of my passion for NUFC under this c***, passion that I doubt I'll ever get back. I'll take whatever uncertainty would come with his departure because he's an utter c***.

This for me. Although we're probably in the best position we've been in as a club for years, we'll always just be a vehicle for Ashley to advertise Sports Direct.

Renaming the stadium to SportsDirectArena.com, sports direct branding all over the stadium for free.  All nufc clothing and goods sent from Sports Direct.

Renaming the stadium to SportsDirectArena.com, sports direct branding all over the stadium for free.  All nufc clothing and goods sent from Sports Direct.

One top half Premier League finish in the entire time he's owned us is damning considering where we were before him.

Guest neesy111

One top half Premier League finish in the entire time he's owned us is damning considering where we were before him.

Two top ten finishes.  2011/12 and 2013/14.

Guest chopey

With the information we have to go on so far I'm not bothered either way ..................just dont upset Rafa.

Ah you're right, the thrill of that 10th place finish in 2014 obviously passed me by :lol:

Guest neesy111

Ah you're right, the thrill of that 10th place finish in 2014 obviously passed me by :lol:

:lol:

We won 4 games after new year that season IIRC.

:lol:

We won 4 games after new year that season IIRC.

Pardew innit?

i'm really struggling with this investment thing like, only way it makes sense would be say £100m for a 1/4 stake in the club (for example) then a commitment to invest further on top of that for transfers etc.

just can't quite grasp why you'd go for it as the investor, unless i guess it was just a long term strategy to get the club from ashley..that being the case why not just meet his asking price?

With all the money in football these days it might not be a bad investment. Lets say and presume they buy 1/4 of the club for 100m, and promise to invest another 50m in transfers on top of that.

If the next TV deal is even better than today, and the club have had some success and build a stronger brand reputation. Its not unlikely that they can sell the stake with profit down the road.

Ashley bought for £160m or something right, now he wants £400m with dept, and look how he have run this club and brand.  :lol:

I'm still not convinced that it's possible to run a Premiership football club at a profit long-term. In the past, any increase in income from TV has just got swallowed up in transfer fees and wages, with clubs competing for the best players.

It's possible to make a profit through the transfer market, but then you put success at risk.

The main reason for buying a football club seems to be the prestige and the attention, but if you're only taking on part ownership that wouldn't really apply.

I'm not convinced by this at all. Any investment partnership has got messy written all over it when it comes to the man-child.

Whole takeover, preferably by one individual, or nothing imho.

Some people do have short memories and others the inability to expand theirs.  Under Ashley our expectations are controlled, heck even a cap on some people's views of where he can take us, all accepted.

The phrase that we used a while back in not demanding a team that wins but a club that tries is still paramount now and not much has changed since it's invention aside from Rafa doing his things.

Income or turnover is only up because of the amount of money involved with TV or prize money with many other excuses for lack of growth blamed on it being cost effective when many avenues of the club are not maximised via diversion techniques or lack of foresight.

We've a chancer in charge, a gambler when even the least business savvy football fan can see the potential in growing us over the long term but everything under Ashley always point to the short.

Clubs have bypassed our standing with us sliding down the league for ground size when we were the third biggest ground, now we're lucky if we're the third last choice for premier league wannabe's.

Ashley's had his chance, probably should have sold back in 2008 instead of pretending to want to but in the time since he has had his money back and then some.  I couldn't care less what the money men say as his wealth went right up on the back of us and only went down on the back of the economy. Fact still remains that less cash came into the club than what it could have if someone else was here.

For what it's worth it's about time we had someone back in control where we can all believe again and not let our own expectations stop us from dreaming and maybe then can extensions over the Gallowgate or new stadiums really be talked about with any real substance.