Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

"I'm me and I'm going to talk about making an error, I should not have changed the name of St James' Park. I shouldn't have done that."

Full interview apparently on Super Sunday, if you can stomach it.

Nah it's a specific programme - 7pm for an hour.

wait there's a one hour special ashley interview? [emoji38]

30 minutes according to the tv guide, still 30 minutes of bullshit no doubt

Guest chopey

It takes him 5 mins per rehearsed sentence.

If you watched him in front of the MP's you will realise he rehearses nothing 

"I'm me and I'm going to talk about making an error, I should not have changed the name of St James' Park. I shouldn't have done that."

wait there's a one hour special ashley interview? [emoji38]

30 minutes according to the tv guide, still 30 minutes of bullshit no doubt

May be worth watching for him to announce a sale and then do a mic drop at the end.

The way the price of players has gone it's difficult to imagine who could afford to buy NUFC and invest enough. Barely any clubs make a profit. I'd hope the club wasn't bought by a group looking to make money. Unless it was a group like the owners of Man City I can't see it happening. Buying a football club doesn't make much business sense.

What really made me laugh about what he was saying is that Huddersfield and Brighton can generate 40 million + each to get the players they need and are seeking yet we can't.

He is taking our fan base to be completely stupid and going by how many of our fans on twitter, etcI have seen agreeing with him and sympathising with him he's probably not wrong to do so either.

What really made me laugh about what he was saying is that Huddersfield and Brighton can generate 40 million + each to get the players they need and are seeking yet we can't.

He is taking our fan base to be completely stupid and going by how many of our fans on twitter, etcI have seen agreeing with him and sympathising with him he's probably not wrong to do so either.

well this comes back to the media which is where most people get their information; as there is rarely any critical analysis applied things in the average gadgie probably just takes it at face value..."ashley says we can't compete with man city like, he's right yee naa when you think aboot it"

instead they should be reading articles containing the type of stuff in this thread that makes points/asks questions like a) no one thinks or said we can/should, b) why can't we loan the money we've got coming in 6 months time in order to buy the players we need now instead of pleading poverty? c) why aren't you subsidising wages and dropping fees in order to get rid of the crap your mistakes have landed us with in the first place?

and so on and so forth, tonight will be the tv version of that

mind, interesting thing from the clips i'd like to see expanded on tonight which was the bit about rafa being 100% in charge of who comes and goes and using the money

i think we're all in agreement that if rafa was promised £80m and ashley changed his mind and said £40m then rafa might have walked, however if the amount available hasn't changed but they can't make it stretch given the fees this summer and inability to get players out then it's a different story perhaps

suppose i'm saying it would be a strange move for ashley to go on tv saying he's not interfering in player transfers if he is because it's hard to see how rafa would let that go :dontknow:

mind, interesting thing from the clips i'd like to see expanded on tonight which was the bit about rafa being 100% in charge of who comes and goes and using the money

i think we're all in agreement that if rafa was promised £80m and ashley changed his mind and said £40m then rafa might have walked, however if the amount available hasn't changed but they can't make it stretch given the fees this summer and inability to get players out then it's a different story perhaps

suppose i'm saying it would be a strange move for ashley to go on tv saying he's not interfering in player transfers if he is because it's hard to see how rafa would let that go :dontknow:

They never discussed a figure though. Perhaps they should have done.

They never discussed a figure though. Perhaps they should have done.

Really? Where did you hear that.

Guest firetotheworks

The amount of people within our own support who agree with Ashley on this is incredibly depressing. Even on Reddit it's predominantly fans who've fallen for it.

The amount of people within our own support who agree with Ashley on this is incredibly depressing. Even on Reddit it's predominantly fans who've fallen for it.

You've got to be thick as fuck to hear 'we can't compete with Man City and think yeah he's right you know'. Sorry. I can only rationalise it as being virtuous to be positive in the face of anything.

Guest firetotheworks

Exactly, it's as obvious an exaggerated strawman argument as it gets. It's only intention is to make reasonable expectations seem deluded and unreasonable. How there are people who can't see that within our own fanbase is pathetic.

Exactly, it's as obvious an exaggerated strawman argument as it gets. It's only intention is to make reasonable expectations seem deluded and unreasonable. How there are people who can't see that within our own fanbase is pathetic.

you'd think the thick cunts would be able to look as far as huddersfield or brighton and wonder why we can't compete with them :lol:

Personally I think due to the timing off it I think it's more directed to Rafa.  Obviously we've yet to see it's full content but what I have seen is with regards Transfers and Rafa.  It's a really odd situation as you have Rafa now having to defend himself via the press:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4785254/Rafa-Benitez-not-happy-Newcastle-board-transfers.html

These two have clashed, and after the raft of interviews Rafa did this week where he talked about the lack of transfers, Ashley feels the need to do one himself.  It's just bizarre - only at NUFC.

Sheer nonsense quotes. Why even mention Man City in the same breath? I've not seen a single fan demand competition with City, not even the thickest. However, competing with the likes of fucking Brighton and Palace would be nice.

The only rational thing I can think of is we apparently lost out to a player this week, who was then immediately farmed out. Wonder if that's sparked this reaction.

Sheer nonsense quotes. Why even mention Man City in the same breath? I've not seen a single fan demand competition with City, not even the thickest. However, competing with the likes of fucking Brighton and Palace would be nice.

The only rational thing I can think of is we apparently lost out to a player this week, who was then immediately farmed out. Wonder if that's sparked this reaction.

eh?  of course it's not, he mentions nation or sovereign states in the interview which is a line pardew was peddling years ago ffs

regurgitated shite to keep sheep believing we're a small, worthless club

Guest The Little Waster

Lee Lawler. :lol:

:facepalm:

Who is he the daft little cunt ? We should have a bonfire n hoy him Asley and that daft ginger prick the true geordie on it

wait there's a one hour special ashley interview? :lol:

will be more an ashley speech rather than interview tbh.

Exactly. It's a PR exercise, nothing more. Strange timing for it as well, most normal owners would be in contact with the manager but this cunts going to be sending coded messages through the fucking telly.

Lee Lawler. :lol:

:facepalm:

Who is he the daft little c*** ? We should have a bonfire n hoy him Asley and that daft ginger prick the true geordie on it

A strange little creep who has tried to start one of them 'fans TV' channels for us. Thankfully, on the most part from what I've seen, everyone ridicules both the channel and him so, aye.