Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

“That would allow for a period for serious interested parties to put themselves forward, for a diligence process to carry on, and then hopefully by Christmas for a sale to conclude with the sort of flexibility around terms we have discussed.If that weren’t possible then there is no desire to sell the club for any price to anyone. "

( From The Mag )

So he wants to sell before Xmas or not at all / never ever to anyone at all !

Aye , reet ...

That is very odd, surely if he is serious about selling then he wouldn't have a time restriction

Guest milburn990

A bit disappointed that the statement was about putting the club up for sale, I was hoping the next official statement from the club would be saying it was sold. Sounds a bit like the fat lad is still touting the club which won't be for the first time. I thought we had buyers. The fat fucker has got us all paranoid.

"Joe's the man to do the job. He's my hero. Is he better than Fabio Capello? Definitely. We are going to be in Europe by the end of the season!" - Ashley on Joe Kinnear. Newcastle were relegated.

I'm fairly ambivalent to the club getting sold because it'll be to another faceless consortium whose priorities won't necessarily line up with the manager and the fans'. Complete gamble. It's probably the time for a gamble, but it's a gamble nonetheless.

I'm fairly ambivalent to the club getting sold because it'll be to another faceless consortium whose priorities won't necessarily line up with the manager and the fans'. Complete gamble. It's probably the time for a gamble, but it's a gamble nonetheless.

Hm, kind of a negative spin. Even a faceless consortium would prefer to have a team competing on the pitch, at least for a while. Ashley is unique in that regard.

A gamble, or continued worthlessness? We're basically West Brom in all but fanbase right now. Give it a few more years of Ashley and we'll match them in fanbase too.

Chris Waddle with some "the geordies expect to be in the champions league" s****.

Newcastle United for sale: Chris Waddle 'feels sympathy' for Mike Ashley - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41645537

I wish Waddle would f*** off and stop pushing that thick, clichéd narrative.

Its absolutely staggering that 90% of ex pro 'pundits' in the media are absolutely clueless about a multitude of football related subjects. Chris Waddle is absolutely no different but what would you expect from a thick as mince cunt that couldn't even pronounce 'penalty'.

It sounds to me that there's at least one buyer, and by going public he's hoping to start an auction. I think this time it'll happen.

He must think that this is the right time to sell. The team are back in the Premiership, with a good manager and doing reasonably well. He's probably fed up with the hassle and doesn't want to take the risk of things going tits up again.

So Ashley pleaded poverty two months ago and now states “the sale process will give interested parties the opportunity of deferring substantial payments”!

He is and always will be a lying b******! Fingers crossed we're finally shot of the cancer that is the fat pig! I'll be amazed if he goes quietly - see Rangers!

It sounds to me that there's at least one buyer, and by going public he's hoping to start an auction. I think this time it'll happen.

He must think that this is the right time to sell. The team are back in the Premiership, with a good manager and doing reasonably well. He's probably fed up with the hassle and doesn't want to take the risk of things going tits up again.

This, I am optimistic than before because if the fat cunt didn't want to offload us ASAP he won't put out advertisements like that.  This will only drive down the offer price which means less money he can received.

However I do wonder whether HMRC issue played a part in it.

Maybe he wants to distance his other venues of shady business practices from HMRC? Best thing would be that we get rid of him AND HMRC checks his other shady s*** and he gets nibbed hard!

Oh good point.

I'd normally side with the weary skepticism displayed by nufc.com, but there have since been positive noises from Caulkin.

Newcastle have already signed non-disclosure agreements, a precursor to formal discussions, with several interested parties and are undertaking due diligence. Ashley is looking both to maximise his return — he values the club at up to £450 million — and hurry the process along.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mike-ashley-puts-newcastle-united-up-for-quick-sale-v73tn8zvj

(I'd love to read the rest if possible...)

So perhaps the "Roll up! Roll up! Easy terms available!" wording is just another example of unprofessionalism and ineptitude, not quite the desperate appeal it sounds like.