Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

New Owners/Billions...  it's not a question of how much they have.... but their intentions and disciplines for financing the club.  (I won't call it investing as that term implies that there would be a pay back for the original stake, and most fans use the term "investment" in place of the true term "pissing the money into a big pit of nothing").

Fans shouldn't expect that owners should invest/spend money for the sole purpose of personal enjoyment of their personal club playing having nice players, climbing the table or winning games. The Abramavich days of personal spending by a rich guy as a plaything are gone.

Fans should expect that their clubs would be financially viable, and that money generated by the club would be spent in the club.

If there's a genuine intent for Ashley to sell, I just hope we end up with someone low-key with a good business acumen and some knowledge of top flight football - how you have to speculate to accumulate, how you're probably not going to make any money, and how having a manager like Rafa Benitez is basically priceless. He's happy to be here, has ridiculous stature in the game, gets the area and wants to progress the club in the long term with the full backing of the fanbase. It's all in place ffs.

Couldn't give a shite how many billions any new owner has, Ashley is loaded and it hasn't helped us in the slightest because he doesn't get football, or Newcastle. Even worse, he thinks he knows better than anyone else and has consistently surrounded himself and the club with clueless fuckwits. All a new owner has to do is to stay out of the way, keep things ticking over and allow Benitez to do his thing as far as possible.

Be honest with the fans, keep their promises and above all, try. Sounds so fucking difficult, doesn't it. :rolleyes:

spot fucking on fella.

If there's a genuine intent for Ashley to sell, I just hope we end up with someone low-key with a good business acumen and some knowledge of top flight football - how you have to speculate to accumulate, how you're probably not going to make any money, and how having a manager like Rafa Benitez is basically priceless. He's happy to be here, has ridiculous stature in the game, gets the area and wants to progress the club in the long term with the full backing of the fanbase. It's all in place ffs.

Couldn't give a s**** how many billions any new owner has, Ashley is loaded and it hasn't helped us in the slightest because he doesn't get football, or Newcastle. Even worse, he thinks he knows better than anyone else and has consistently surrounded himself and the club with clueless fuckwits. All a new owner has to do is to stay out of the way, keep things ticking over and allow Benitez to do his thing as far as possible.

Be honest with the fans, keep their promises and above all, try. Sounds so f***ing difficult, doesn't it. :rolleyes:

It's been a rocky couple of months since that drunken rampage on the train, but Dave's finally back to his charismatic best. Top post.

Guest Howaythetoon

Couldn't give a s**** how many billions any new owner has, Ashley is loaded and it hasn't helped us in the slightest because he doesn't get football, or Newcastle. Even worse, he thinks he knows better than anyone else and has consistently surrounded himself and the club with clueless fuckwits. All a new owner has to do is to stay out of the way, keep things ticking over and allow Benitez to do his thing as far as possible.

Be honest with the fans, keep their promises and above all, try. Sounds so f***ing difficult, doesn't it. :rolleyes:

Spot on, but a City like takeover wouldn't be the end of the world like!

Guest The Little Waster

The idea that Ashley would give a fuck who he would sell us to is both laughable and telling . To me it means hes not serious about selling

The idea that Ashley would give a fuck who he would sell us to is both laughable and telling . To me it means hes not serious about selling

I know it's Ashley but don't believe this at all tbh.

Ashley selling us for a nice profit, buying a Sunderland in administration for buttons and Pardew to lead his new team to the premier league would be our best hope at this stage

Think Branson would be great though, guy has bundles of ambition, always hoped when we had Virgin ties he'd rescue us.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Richard Branson knows fuck all about football and cares even less. I worked at Northern Rock when Virgin Money took over. Virgin Money became the NUFC shirt sponsor. We beat Man U 3 - 0 in our first game with the new sponsor. Branson turned up to the Head Office. He kept referring to "Newcastle beating Manchester United three love". He wasn't being funny by saying "love". It was pure cringe. Virgin Money now do a Manchester United savings account.

Branson is a carpet bagger. He goes into companies, buys them, calls them Virgin something then sells them. Companies pay a franchise fee to use the Virgin brand name. Branson does not own Virgin Media, Virgin Money, Virgin Trains, etc. Those companies pay to use the Virgin brand name. He bought the F1 Manor Grand Prix team, called it Virgin Racing, did shit then sold it on.

Think Branson would be great though, guy has bundles of ambition, always hoped when we had Virgin ties he'd rescue us.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Richard Branson knows f*** all about football and cares even less. I worked at Northern Rock when Virgin Money took over. Virgin Money became the NUFC shirt sponsor. We beat Man U 3 - 0 in our first game with the new sponsor. Branson turned up to the Head Office. He kept referring to "Newcastle beating Manchester United three love". He wasn't being funny by saying "love". It was pure cringe. Virgin Money now do a Manchester United savings account.

Branson is a carpet bagger. He goes into companies, buys them, calls them Virgin something then sells them. Companies pay a franchise fee to use the Virgin brand name. Branson does not own Virgin Media, Virgin Money, Virgin Trains, etc. Those companies pay to use the Virgin brand name. He bought the F1 Manor Grand Prix team, called it Virgin Racing, did s*** then sold it on.

On the plus side, his island was totally wrecked by Irma recently, the stupid Richard Stilgoe looking little cunt.

The thing is, if he’s not going to sell, why do everything he’s done the past couple of months? The interview with Sky where he practically begged somebody to buy us. The statement released yesterday saying the club is for sale? What’s the point? Just to toy with the fans? Does he really give that much of a s*** to wind us up like that?

I honestly think he does want out. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens.

Same. I'm just hoping it's Staveley/the people she represents in for us. If not, just someone who'll give a s*** and not be a t***.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Richard Branson knows fuck all about football and cares even less. I worked at Northern Rock when Virgin Money took over. Virgin Money became the NUFC shirt sponsor. We beat Man U 3 - 0 in our first game with the new sponsor. Branson turned up to the Head Office. He kept referring to "Newcastle beating Manchester United three love". He wasn't being funny by saying "love". It was pure cringe. Virgin Money now do a Manchester United savings account.

Branson is a carpet bagger. He goes into companies, buys them, calls them Virgin something then sells them. Companies pay a franchise fee to use the Virgin brand name. Branson does not own Virgin Media, Virgin Money, Virgin Trains, etc. Those companies pay to use the Virgin brand name. He bought the F1 Manor Grand Prix team, called it Virgin Racing, did shit then sold it on.

Maybe it's something the rich do, using 'love' instead of 'nil?' Like how they eat Snickers on a plate with fork and a knife.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Richard Branson knows f*** all about football and cares even less. I worked at Northern Rock when Virgin Money took over. Virgin Money became the NUFC shirt sponsor. We beat Man U 3 - 0 in our first game with the new sponsor. Branson turned up to the Head Office. He kept referring to "Newcastle beating Manchester United three love". He wasn't being funny by saying "love". It was pure cringe. Virgin Money now do a Manchester United savings account.

Branson is a carpet bagger. He goes into companies, buys them, calls them Virgin something then sells them. Companies pay a franchise fee to use the Virgin brand name. Branson does not own Virgin Media, Virgin Money, Virgin Trains, etc. Those companies pay to use the Virgin brand name. He bought the F1 Manor Grand Prix team, called it Virgin Racing, did s*** then sold it on.

On the plus side, his island was totally wrecked by Irma recently, the stupid Richard Stilgoe looking little c***.

Genius!

This whole thing just sounds like another Fat Cashley piss take. Loads of rumours recently about interest, and he comes out to say "we are for sale, bids welcome" to effectively say theres actually been fuck all interest.

Then comes out with the "I care about the club" and will look for owners with money and let them make part payments bullshit to add to it.

The idea that Ashley would give a f*** who he would sell us to is both laughable and telling . To me it means hes not serious about selling

I know it's Ashley but don't believe this at all tbh.

Classic sales technique :lol: