Wolves 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 01/10/11 - post-match reaction from page 46

Disco

Remember the comment that Pardew made when he brought HBA on against Blackburn, he said that really he should have brought Loverkrands on but the game was in a good place for HBA. I think this sub was him trying to say sorry to Lovenkrands for that. You can see his idea but he's the boss he's got to be stronger than that. Raylor made one wonderful block in the first half but lost his man for the goal, he needs to start the real LB that we have, he needs to get HBA in the team and personally I would like to see more of Marveaux, despite that we won and we are 3rd in the league, he's not gonna change that side any time soon, but a really good manager would.

In the same way that he thought the Blackburn game was one for HBA, maybe he thought this one wasn't.  I'd be inclined to agree actually - in particular bearing in mind how the game was going in the 2nd half.  Must play a part against Spuds and Wigan tho'

The only subs we've really been bringing on the last few games are Marveaux, Sammy and Ben Arfa, not sure why he's changed tack this game.

Because those 3 offer absolutely bot all on the defensive side of things.

I disagree, we were clearly inviting pressure on ourselves that half and they'd have at least meant we had more of the ball.  Lovenkrands on is daft, he's better off bringing any of those 3 on and Cabaye couldn't have managed another 8 minutes?  He's the best passer on the pitch, you keep him on unless he's really struggling imo.  It's the Lovenkrands one that's really strange though, Marveaux or Ben Arfa gives us more pace and possession whereas Lovenkrands is now just a poacher who will pop up with the odd goal.

Cabaye looked absolutely spent tbf, no problem with him bringing Guthrie on we didn't have anyone else to bring on. Bringing on another attacker when you're under the cosh would've been mental.

I'd not have brought Lovenkrands on like, I'd have brought on Marveaux and put him in the hole.

Well, the other premier league teams are going/have to take you seriously now...

But can someone explain me why Marveaux isn't actually playing in your team ?

He's seen as a left winger by Pardew and Jonas is currently keeping him out of the team.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Pardew - 2

Probably influenced by that shocking second half though. Never been so angry despite winning.

2? :lol: We won away to Wolves ffs.

And we were cruising until he brought Lovenkrands on. It was obvious that we needed another body in midfield. It should have been Ben Arfa. All our good play ended with that substitution and we were hanging on for the last half an hour and only Krul and a bordeline bent ref saved us.

We weren't cruising until Loven came on, we had exactly the same problems. :lol:

What an utterly terrible 2nd half performance. Was screaming at my laptop in anger, all down to Pardew, pathetic substitutions and tried to play on the break when we should have been going for the killer 3rd goal. All that quality on the bench and he brings on Guthrie and Lovenkrands ffs. Only thing I can think of is that he wants to save the likes of Ben Arfa and Marveaux for Spurs.

Saylor didn't have the best of games today imo, blocks aside at least. Gave the ball away a bit cheaply at times and on any other day, would have conceded a pen. Then again, given the pressure we were under, losing the ball every now and then was inevitable.

What was the weather like down there today? Finding the comments about our players being knackered a bit strange tbh. The season's barely started!

Sunny and someone posted earlier it was 28 degrees.

Well, the other premier league teams are going/have to take you seriously now...

You got me. I don't know what Obertan is offering that Ben Arfa and Marveaux can't.

Pardew is a conservative thinker. He doesn't want to change a winning side.

I'm not even sure why he was on the bench since it was pretty clear Pardew had no intention of bringing him on.

What was the weather like down there today? Finding the comments about our players being knackered a bit strange tbh. The season's barely started!

Sunny and someone posted earlier it was 28 degrees.

:thup:

Probably explains it then.

Because he'd be good to bring on, which goes against everything Pardew stands for.

I'm not even sure why he was on the bench since it was pretty clear Pardew had no intention of bringing him on.

He came on ;)

You got me. I don't know what Obertan is offering that Ben Arfa and Marveaux can't.

Pardew is a conservative thinker. He doesn't want to change a winning side.

Obertan is Messi in training. So is Simpson. :troll: