Wolves 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 01/10/11 - post-match reaction from page 46

Disco

Ba should've buried that chance to make it 3-0. Obertan was far too costly losing the ball second half as were others and those subs were atrocious, game should've been killed off before that nonsense at the end.

Hate old Mick though so even greater to get 3 points, lol An away win is an away win too

Worst half I've ever seen us play under Pardew.

Wasn't that game against Birmingham where we won 2-0 thanks to two shit goals by Best and Loven worse? Or his my memory failing me?

how did we win that? christ, too much suspense this early in the day.

played superbly for 25 mins, then sat back and countered extremely well for another 15, and went in at HT slightly under the cosh. after HT, fuck me, atrocious stuff from just about everyone, bar some excellent last ditch defending by the likes of Krul.

To be fair I can see why he put McLoven on, scored two against Forest so deserved to get a run out at some point (although when he did come on I was fuming) and Guthrie to 'shore' up the midfield. Ba looked done after about 60 and Obertan after about 65, biggest issue was leaving him on far too long. Just had none of the ball second half and looked knackered. Bloody delighted we scraped a win from what should have been a comfortable position.

Oh and we were as bad as that 2nd half for the whole game against QPR.

Pardew's subs were dreadful, more so the timing of them. Should have happened much earlier, as soon as it was obvious they were getting the bulk of the chances there should have been some subs.

BUT, we just won away at Wolves, not an easy task for us. And third place, far more than we could have asked for.

Agree with everyone else. The decision to put on lovenkrands was a shocker but the lads at the back were absolute class. Put bodies on the line. Lost count of the number of last ditch fifa-esqe blocks. Sign of good times ahead if we can defend that well despite playing poorly 2nd half. Plus we look dangerous as fuck on the break and could have had a few more if we were more cynical. the Ba chance 2nd half springs to mind.  3 more points, get in!!!!!

We need Santon, Ben Arfa, and Marveaux to be involved against Spurs. Obertan for either Ben Arfa or Marveaux was such an obvious change that needed to be made. The other should have come on instead of Lovenkrands and I have no idea what Guthrie offers over Cabaye even if he has been running his balls off for 85 minutes.

We are nine points clear of the mackems.  :lol: