Newcastle Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur - 16/10/11 @ 4pm - live on SKY

Anderson

Just went onto the online Box Office to get a ticket for this off me dads season ticket to save on the booking fee and postage and the cheapest available I could find was £34!!! How come they've made this a Category A match when it's live on TV on a Sunday afternoon when last season they had Spurs (who were a Champions League side) as a Category B match and that was played at 3pm Sarurday? Needless to say i'll be watching on Sky now, as will a lot of others i'd imagine.

As for my preferred starting XI:

--------------Krul--------------

R.Taylor--Colo--S.Taylor--Santon

Jonas--Tiote--Cabaye--Marveaux

------------Ben Arfa-----------

----------------Ba---------------

Think it'll finish 1-1 which i'll be quite happy with providing we beat Wigan the week after.

Have to say i was slightly taken aback when i was told the prices; hadn't realised it was Category A. Should've got me Dad Wigan tickets for his birthday, instead. Could've done with not paying all that!

Think it'll be an entertaining game though, and hugely satisfying if we win. Never seen us play Spurs and i hate em, so badly want a win. Will be our biggest test so far.

The number of category A games this year could well be to do with the number of category C games.

For example i think blackburn and fulham were "C" games as is Wigan (correct me if I'm wrong).  I imagine Swansea, Wolves, Norwich and QPR also will be. Tickets for these games in the Gallowgate are about 25 quid whereas a new season ticket holder will have paid 29 pounds pergame (based on £550 for a ST).

There aren't really a lot of obvious candidates for Category B games - Villa, Everton. West Brom, Bolton and Stoke could go either way but may well have to be Cat B this year.

Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Sunderland, Liverpool and Spurs therefore have to be Cat A in order to make a season ticket value for money...then again, maybe I'm over thinking it!

The number of category A games this year could well be to do with the number of category C games. For example i think blackburn and fulham were "C" games as is Wigan (correct me if I'm wrong).  I imagine Swansea, Wolves, Norwich, QPR and Bolton also will be. Tickets for these games are about 25 quid whereas a new season ticket holder will have paid 29 pounds a game (based on 550 for a ST). There will therefire have to be more cat A games to make a ST value for money...then again, maybe I'm overthinking it!

You're probably spot on with what you're saying there. Can only really think of Everton and Villa that would be given a Category B status and the category B price reflects what the season ticket holders are paying if you divide the cost of their ticket by 19.

The number of category A games this year could well be to do with the number of category C games. For example i think blackburn and fulham were "C" games as is Wigan (correct me if I'm wrong).  I imagine Swansea, Wolves, Norwich, QPR and Bolton also will be. Tickets for these games are about 25 quid whereas a new season ticket holder will have paid 29 pounds a game (based on 550 for a ST). There will therefire have to be more cat A games to make a ST value for money...then again, maybe I'm overthinking it!

You're probably spot on with what you're saying there. Can only really think of Everton and Villa that would be given a Category B status and the category B price reflects what the season ticket holders are paying if you divide the cost of their ticket by 19.

Exactly...edited my post as I was on my phone originally, but I agree.

--------------Krul--------------

R.Taylor--Colo--S.Taylor--Santon

Jonas--Tiote--Cabaye--Marveaux

------------Ben Arfa-----------

----------------Ba---------------

This has to be the best formation.  Solid XI TBH.  Bring on Obertan, Sammy and Best as impact subs between 60-70 mins, and we'll smash them!

If Lennon plays what's their likely team?

Walker.......Kaboul.......King.......Ekotto

Lennon......Modric......Sandro.....Bale

...........................VDV.......................

.......................Abebayor.................

If so, that looks a pretty useful line up to me.

I don't rate Ekotto much though tbh. Actually, i think he can be distinctly average.

Walker might also not be the best at defending.

Otherwise on paper they probs have the better team if we're honest.

I don't rate Ekotto much though tbh. Actually, i think he can be distinctly average.

Of course they do, we're punching above our weight at the moment and whilst anybody can beat anybody on the day, man for man they are better than us.

I think they have a very similar problem to us at the moment, they rather want to play Adebayor and Defoe up front (and Redknapp is loath to not use 4-4-2 I think) and so has accodated VdV on the right wing to allow those two upfront, dunno once Lennon is back I guess it'll be  a case of Lennon or Defoe, I'd suspect that formation and Lennon will be prefered.

I'd still fancy them to score right now, our best chance is to try and hold possesion up the pitch, Cabaye and Tiote vs Parker and Modric is an interesting one, if HBA is sitting in the midfield too I'd fancy us on this front. They do pose a big risk down the flanks too.

Totenham sometimes look a bit listless, sometimes great entertainers. I can see any result from this, and think Redknapp can be a bit tactically naive (which worked for them in Champions league till they came up against a team with some nous against fast attacking but poor defensively opponents). Hopefully our slightly more guileful squad at the moment will keep them undercontrol and out pass them.

Edit: Yeah on their day their squad is better than ours, though I don't really rate their defense that high.

Harry Redknapp has indicated that he will now have to choose between Jermain Defoe and Rafael van der Vaart for a place in the Tottenham team after the Dutchman voiced his frustration at being played on the wing.

Van der Vaart stated earlier this week that he did not enjoy the defensive side of his role after being selected on the right flank for Sunday's North London derby victory over Arsenal.

He also admitted he was not happy about being substituted and criticised Redknapp for commenting on his most recent injury.

Redknapp recognises that Van der Vaart is most effective in a central role, but his preference of late has been to use Defoe as a second main striker alongside summer signing Emmanuel Adebayor.

With both forwards performing well and Scott Parker, Luka Modric and Gareth Bale also in good form, Redknapp admits it is a problem fitting Van der Vaart into the side, especially now that he has expressed feelings of discontent.

Great skill

"Yes, it does seem to be a problem. Rafa can't run back and chase the full-back. Against the better teams it is a problem," the Spurs manager said in The Sun.

"Rafa's best position is in the middle, playing just behind the front man.

"The only problem is that Jermain Defoe plays there too and Jermain is playing very, very well at the moment.

"So, I guess I have got a decision to make, haven't I? I suppose it's now between Rafa and Jermain over who plays in the team."

Redknapp added: "Rafa is a terrific footballer. He has great skill. But if you're in the team and asked to do a job, really, you should just do it."

Of course they do, we're punching above our weight at the moment and whilst anybody can beat anybody on the day, man for man they are better than us.

Friedel vs Krul (yes, the former is over the f***ing top)

Walker vs Simpson

King vs Colo

Kaboul vs Saylor

Ekotto vs Santon

Lennon vs Marveaux

Modric vs Cabaye

Sandro vs Tiote

Bale vs Jonas

VdV vs HBA

Adebayor vs Ba

Hard to judge HBA vs VdV and Marveaux vs Lennon yet, due to game time, and not counting previous clubs.

Friedel vs Krul (yes, the former is over the f***ing top)

Walker vs Simpson

King vs Colo

Kaboul vs Saylor

Ekotto vs Santon

Lennon vs Marveaux

Modric vs Cabaye

Sandro vs Tiote

Bale vs Jonas

VdV vs HBA

Adebayor vs Ba

Hard to judge HBA vs VdV and Marveaux vs Lennon yet, due to game time, and not counting previous clubs.

Yet you can put Santon over EE. Come on. :lol: