Newcastle Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur - 16/10/11 @ 4pm - live on SKY

Anderson

Squads according to http://www.premierleague.com/page/MatchPreviews/0,,12306~57632,00.html

Newcastle United: Krul, Harper, Simpson, R Taylor, Santon, Ferguson, Coloccini, S Taylor, Tiote, Cabaye, Gutierrez, Marveaux, Obertan, Gosling, Guthrie, Ben Arfa, Abeid, Vuckic, Ba, Lovenkrands, Best, Sammy Ameobi.

Tottenham Hotspur: Gomes, Friedel, Cudicini, Bale, Kaboul, Bassong, Walker, King, Assou-Ekotto, Rose, Parker, Modric, Livermore, Townsend, Carroll, Lennon, Falque, Sandro, Pienaar, Pavlyuchenko, Defoe, Dos Santos, Adebayor, Van der Vaart.

No Shola it seems .

Krul

Simpson  Taylor    Coloccini  Santon

Jonas  Cabaye  Tiote  Marveaux

Ben Arfa

Ba

I feel bad leaving Best out as he has done well, but Ben Arfa is a much better player and has to start at the expense of someone.

The team that should arguably start is as follows:

Krul

Raylor

Coloccini

Saylor

Simpson

Jonas

Tiote

Cabaye

Obertan

Best

Ba

The best team on paper would be as follows:

Krul

Santon

Coloccini

Saylor

Raylor

Marveaux

Tiote

Cabaye

Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba/Best.

Regardless of who starts though, I reckon with that squad we have a perfectly good chance of winning at the moment.

Is it just me or is this game massive? It feels like it is...it's almost like everyone is geared up for it and treating it like a cup final. I might just be excited like...

I might just boo them whenever they get the ball too.

Squads according to http://www.premierleague.com/page/MatchPreviews/0,,12306~57632,00.html

Newcastle United: Krul, Harper, Simpson, R Taylor, Santon, Ferguson, Coloccini, S Taylor, Tiote, Cabaye, Gutierrez, Marveaux, Obertan, Gosling, Guthrie, Ben Arfa, Abeid, Vuckic, Ba, Lovenkrands, Best, Sammy Ameobi.

Tottenham Hotspur: Gomes, Friedel, Cudicini, Bale, Kaboul, Bassong, Walker, King, Assou-Ekotto, Rose, Parker, Modric, Livermore, Townsend, Carroll, Lennon, Falque, Sandro, Pienaar, Pavlyuchenko, Defoe, Dos Santos, Adebayor, Van der Vaart.

No Shola it seems .

:frantic:

Cabaye is the key. He has obvious quality but sometimes he has lacked the consistency, gone missing for a half, or simply been worn out by his own efforts. This is where he hasn't yet adapted to this league. He is going to need to be bang on the money, as this will mean that Spurs have to play well to beat us. In that situation, it might take a moment of brilliance to get a goal, and Cabaye could offer us something in that department too.

I disagree. He has been very consistent this season. He doesn't go missing, people have to realize that just because he hasn't got a shot on goal or so he hasn't gone missing. His running and marking along with Tiote has helped us recover so much possession and his simple and accurate passing game has helped our team develop a bit of confidence. He is so confident on the ball and always makes the simplest of it all mixed with brilliance at time that it helps our team. It's so nice to finally have some ball passing instead of running and attacking from the wide or just lumping it to a striker.

He's a class player and has been very impressive this season.

Is it just me or is this game massive? It feels like it is...it's almost like everyone is geared up for it and treating it like a cup final. I might just be excited like...

It is a big game imo. It will be a great test on where we stand at the moment. Can't wait tbh!

It is a big game imo. It will be a great test on where we stand at the moment. Can't wait tbh!

If we beat these on Sunday I think it'll be a massive message to the league like. Everyone who says we haven't played anyone special yet will shit themselves.

It's massive in the sense that if we win it the rest of the country will sit up and start to take notice. Well apart from Andre Villas-Boas who already thinks of us as title rivals but I'll put that down to inexperience :lol:

Guest rosstoon

Quotes from Pardew saying that there is going to be a lot of pace on one side of the pitch with Obertan and Bale there.

“You only have to look at one wing and you are going to have Gareth Bale flying down one way, and then we have Obertan’s pace on the same side going the other.

“That match-up alone should whet the appetite for most fans.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/10/14/pardew-s-eager-to-boost-nufc-points-total-72703-29593828/#ixzz1akwSWzAa

Hmmmm Simpson and Obertan vs Assou-Ekotto and Bale.  Spurs fans must be drolling over this.

Dunno whos worse Simpson or Ekotto. Tiote will be drawn out towards Bale as he tends to V good quick wing players.

Different sides of the pitch, but Ekotto is a lot, lot better than Simpson. You're either deluded about Simpson's abilities, or haven't watched much of BAE the past couple of years.

Spot on.  Although at times I still see BAE have the odd game or moment where he looks utter s***, he's massively improved as a player and looks a real class act.

Obviously I Do not rate Simpson one bit but I am saying that BAE is not much better he is complacent, often lazy and is more interesting in attacking than defending.  Also they will be on the same side of the pitch LB and RB on opposing teams play on the same side.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Testing ourselves against a good side. Can't wait.

Cabaye is the key. He has obvious quality but sometimes he has lacked the consistency, gone missing for a half, or simply been worn out by his own efforts. This is where he hasn't yet adapted to this league. He is going to need to be bang on the money, as this will mean that Spurs have to play well to beat us. In that situation, it might take a moment of brilliance to get a goal, and Cabaye could offer us something in that department too.

I disagree. He has been very consistent this season. He doesn't go missing, people have to realize that just because he hasn't got a shot on goal or so he hasn't gone missing. His running and marking along with Tiote has helped us recover so much possession and his simple and accurate passing game has helped our team develop a bit of confidence. He is so confident on the ball and always makes the simplest of it all mixed with brilliance at time that it helps our team. It's so nice to finally have some ball passing instead of running and attacking from the wide or just lumping it to a striker.

The second half against Wolves is a really good example of him going missing. When he has a foothold on the game he is great, but for many reasons which are down to him settling in to the new league and club he has lost grip of the midfield battle at moments in games. Even though he contributes more than Nolan when he goes missing, he needs to be at the level he was at against Blackburn and Villa and not like the 6 out of 10 level he was at against wolves and qpr if we want a result on Sunday.

He does?

The Chelsea manager also had praise for Newcastle United and Tottenham Hotspur, admitting they were challenging his Stamford Bridge side nearer the top of the table.

“The Premier League is taking a pattern with other teams like Newcastle and Tottenham challenging us for this position and Liverpool winning the Liverpool derby.”

Team news

14 October 2011

Harry Redknapp will wait on the fitness of three players ahead of Sunday's clash at Newcastle.

Emmanuel Adebayor (hamstring), Sandro (calf) and Aaron Lennon (groin) are all rated 50-50 as we return to Premier League action at St James Park.

Vedran Corluka (foot) and Niko Kranjcar (thigh) are ruled out after picking up injuries in Croatia's win against Latvia on Tuesday night.

"Two or three of the lads will train with the medical staff and we'll have to wait and see how they are," reported Harry at Spurs Lodge on Friday.

"Adebayor had a hamstring problem, Sandro had a calf strain, Corluka's come back with a foot injury and Niko has tore a thigh muscle.

"Aaron has had a groin strain for four or five weeks now and is struggling a little, but he said he felt better yesterday (Thursday) and we'll see how he gets on."

Niko and Vedran join longer-term injuries Michael Dawson (Achilles), William Gallas (calf) and Tom Huddlestone (ankle) on the sidelines.

Guest efullerton

The second half against Wolves is a really good example of him going missing. When he has a foothold on the game he is great, but for many reasons which are down to him settling in to the new league and club he has lost grip of the midfield battle at moments in games. Even though he contributes more than Nolan when he goes missing, he needs to be at the level he was at against Blackburn and Villa and not like the 6 out of 10 level he was at against wolves and qpr if we want a result on Sunday.

He definitely went missing in the QPR game, so did the rest of the team mind you, but he was among those that had the least impact

Pretty confident about this now. Spurs have better players on paper (not as good as Sunderland's of course) but they usually get turned over a few times a season by poorer teams. I'm gonna go  for a 3-1 win with goals from Ba, Cabaye and Saylor.

This will sound like I am making Spurs out to be some mega team but I am really not (although I do think they are very good) but if we get a point from this we will have done very bloody well.

It's not just because of their quality but the unbeaten run will be huge.

This will sound like I am making Spurs out to be some mega team but I am really not (although I do think they are very good) but if we get a point from this we will have done very bloody well.

It's not just because of their quality but the unbeaten run will be huge.

:thup: