Newcastle United 2 - 2 Tottenham - 16/10/11 - Post-match reaction from page 40

Dave

When the ball was played to Shola the commentator said, "And here's Ameobi" for me to reply "To mess things up" only for him to score. I swear to god their just isn't a player like, just as your about to hate him again he goes and does something like that.

Hats off to Shola like, outstanding.

Can't wait for Ben Arfa to get a few games under his belt and get into his stride.  Today he slowed the game down when in possession (no urgency), refused to whip a ball over or force a corner in wide positions, didn't actually look very confident to me.  At least he was fairly involved though, certainly didn't hide.

Btw our fullbacks really got battered didnt they  :rolleyes:

Lets give them some credit now, Bale was kept quiet by both of them.

Raylor was pretty good today, within his limitations of course. But his set pieces seem to be twice as good as they were before somehow.

Guest Wally_McFool

Ben Arfa wow ... talk about trying too hard to impress. Love the intentions, but Jaysus! Needed a firm slap today.

Give over, he got caught out a couple of times because of lack of match fitness.

Twenty minute run out was ideal for him.

:lol: Someone please explain Sholas performance. Someone that knows how math works. Write it out.

God!

I'm so with Mike. I'm going to make about ten more posts like this. Not going to acclimatise to what I've just seen.

We watch enough sports to be pretty cynical about things. Players usually are who we perceive them to be. Shola is Shola 9/10 times. Then you get today, and he's just... Where does he hide that shit?

Great game. Fucking penalty at the end. Ameobi was the bomb when he came on, shame he can't be araed to perform like that every game, like him or not he adds more physical presence in the air than anyone else.

Obertan needs binning for marveaux. Ben Arfa needs more match time, looks rusty.

Good point in the end. We played well, defended well for most of it and competed well. We didn't create enough chances until the game really opened up so that's something to work on. Obertan needs benching because he's so wasteful of possession when in good areas, but otherwise I was pretty pleased with the rest of our starters. Tiote had a very good game, Cabaye started poorly but came into the game in the second half even though he still looked off the pace. Jonas and Colo were fantastic, and Ba did well before going off as well. Honestly, just a good all round team display. Still undefeated.