Newcastle Utd vs Wigan Athletic pre-match thread (22/10/11 @ 3pm)

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

I'll be delighted if Santon gets a start, really looking forward to seeing what he is all about.

I think people are right when they say Simpson should be the one dropped, especially since Raylor will be playing against his old club but do we move Taylor over to the right and put Santon in at left back.

no

Agree. Don't see a case for that whatsoever.

Guest Rey Mysterio

In pretty much every game we've played this season we've sat off the first 15/20 minutes and had to soak up a fair bit of pressure before getting our game going. We've come through it ok other than the Villa game and that game was a great example of why we should try and avoid it, we murdered them the rest of the game after Agbonlahor scored. See no reason why we should show any caution against Wigan at home, bag an early goal and plenty more should follow.

I know people are mainly joking when they are predicting draws or 1-0 defeats based on how shit Wigan are and that we usually slip up in these types of fixtures. I firmly believe those days are behind us now, we have too many good players to allow such complacency.

The worst thing for Wigan is that should they take the lead, i still would fancy us to come back and win because the confidence/character in the group is fantastic at the moment.

Wigan will give us hat-fulls of chances on saturday, i'd be very suprised if we don't score a couple at the very least.

Guest iheartthetoons

I believe we can win, but I hope the players aren't thinking about it in the same way we are - i.e. we're gonna shit all over them. Recipe for disaster that is  :undecided:

Dunno if its been mentioned but i did bib watch from the training pics and ben arfa and santon were on the same team as tiote taylor ba jonas etc and simpson and best were on the other team. Never read too much into that though as it will probs be an unchanged team

Dunno if its been mentioned but i did bib watch from the training pics and ben arfa and santon were on the same team as tiote taylor ba jonas etc and simpson and best were on the other team. Never read too much into that though as it will probs be an unchanged team

Obertan was on the non-starting team though otherwise....

Maybe Marv's guna start aswell :) ........why the hell does smith still get to train with the first team?

Maybe Marv's guna start aswell :) ........why the hell does smith still get to train with the first team?

Especially when you consider he's trying to wipe Hatem out in one of the pics. :rant: