Which one stupid rule would you get rid of?

Dave

Did Taylor change his shirt yesterday, can't say I noticed him doing so?

Dunno, he might have done because I noticed it was untucked when he came back on. He's usually dressed like Simon Cowell.

Is that why shirts need to be changed when blood is on them - or is that a health/hygiene issue?

Any player bleeding from a wound must leave the field of play. He may not return until the referee is satisfied that the bleeding has stopped. A player is not permitted to wear clothing with blood on it.

:idiot2:

Probably sheer paranoia regarding diseases etc.

Probably reasonable given their lifestyles.

As Wullie says the shirt rule is entirely to do with sponsors.

Arguably makes it even more annoying to me, like the sponsors don't get enough coverage as it is. And as though the sponsorship is more important than emotion of the game.

Thought it was because of that time Forlan couldn't get his shirt back on for Man United.

Injury time. It's stupid.

If we really pretend it's making up for all the time the ball is not in play, they would need to add 20 minutes or so since the actual playing time is around 60-70 minutes per game on average. Instead, we just pull out a magical number out of a hat that has little resemblance with reality, with all the drama and complaints if something of note happens during it.

If we really want that every game lasts the same for everyone, which is key for the equality of the competition, just stop the clock when the ball isn't rolling and cut down both halves to 30-35 minutes.

Arguably makes it even more annoying to me, like the sponsors don't get enough coverage as it is. And as though the sponsorship is more important than emotion of the game.

Thought it was because of that time Forlan couldn't get his shirt back on for Man United.

But like I said before, just book the player for that and let the rest kick off whilst he sorts it out - so his team are at a disadvantage as a result of his daftness. That would be more sensible than just booking everyone IMO.

But like I said before, just book the player for that and let the rest kick off whilst he sorts it out - so his team are at a disadvantage as a result of his daftness. That would be more sensible than just booking everyone IMO.

That's far too logical to be implemented. :lol:

totally agree

For me it's the booking for taking your shirt off. Utterly ridiculous.

There are a few other contenders though, booking for running to the crowd, players having to go off for treatment even if they're perfectly fine etc etc.

Yeah, I'd definitely get rid of that.

6 seconds isn't a rule anymore is it?

Still in the FIFA handbook.

I thought they'd got rid of it at the beginning of last season. The ruling may still be there but instead of 6 seconds, like with the size of goalkeeper gloves and other things, its up to the referee as to what is sensible.

I'd get rid of offside, but the booking for shirt off is stupid. They'd be better off saying if you score, the game will restart in 60 seconds after the goal, if you're not ready then you get booked or something.

The rule of "if the referee (thinks he) saw it and includes it in his report then nothing can be changed retrospectively".

I really don't get the protection/stigma over referees. You'd think they were some sort of mythical breed of deities that cannot be criticised or ever actually be wrong about something. If there's a blatant incident that deserves a retrospective red card/reversal then I don't see why a player should get away with it/be wrongly banned just because the ref reckons he saw it first time. The reasoning behind the rule is that it protects and gives authority to the referees or some shit like that. Any good referee would admit they've made a mistake.

See point in case - Rooney's elbow on that Wigan player.

Also agree with Dave re: bookings for taking shirt off, celebrating with the crowd etc.

Get rid of offside? Any reason why?

Open the game up far more, would make it more exciting imo. I'd like to see it trailed somewhere as it works in other sports but would be interesting to see if it would translate well to football. Also means you can have two referees one for each half as such instead of linesmen so you'd see a lot more.

Open the game up far more, would make it more exciting imo. I'd like to see it trailed somewhere as it works in other sports but would be interesting to see if it would translate well to football. Also means you can have two referees one for each half as such instead of linesmen so you'd see a lot more.

Give over man. :lol:

What in the absolute fuck.