Blackburn 4 - 3 Newcastle - 26/10/11 (CC - after ET) - post match from page 69

Rich

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

So dissapointing. They say your best success comes after you biggest disappointments . We've had 43 years of big disappointments where is our fuckin' sucess

Actually less annoyed about this result the more I think about it. We apparently played like shite for most of the match, yet still had the quality and character to come from two down to force extra time then come back once more. I'm really quite hopeful about the 'kick up the arse' effect too, it's the first time the first team has felt such disappointment and deflation this season - we got away with it against Wigan and it might actually be just what they need to motivate them again.

Actually less annoyed about this result the more I think about it. We apparently played like shite for most of the match, yet still had the quality and character to come from two down to force extra time then come back once more. I'm really quite hopeful about the 'kick up the arse' effect too, it's the first time the first team has felt such disappointment and deflation this season - we got away with it against Wigan and it might actually be just what they need to motivate them again.

Yeah i'm coming round to that way of thinking. It's just the 120th minute thing which is the proper gutter, in spite of the fact we scored three injury time goals ourselves.

Yeah i'm coming round to that way of thinking. It's just the 120th minute thing which is the proper gutter, in spite of the fact we scored three injury time goals ourselves.

Well yes but again going by the accounts of those at the game we didn't deserve to win the match. I know that's kinda of secondary importance when you're actually winning but if it teaches us some lessons and we're better for it going forward then it could be a blessing in disguise.

Well yes but again going by the accounts of those at the game we didn't deserve to win the match. I know that's kinda of secondary importance when you're actually winning but if it teaches us some lessons and we're better for it going forward then it could be a blessing in disguise.

I don't disagree. You learn from mistakes and i'd rather make those mistakes in a Carling Cup match this year.

I would have been more furious if we'd lost 2-0 in normal time, the comeback just re-emphasizes the point that there is a great team spirit within the camp. We are very difficult to beat and have a never say die attitude that will serve us well throughout the season.

While the comeback was promising serious questions have to be raised about the initial ninety minutes of the match. More or less sounded like a virtual no show.

:thup:

I fear this fairly key issue will be swept under the rug and overshadowed by the gutsy effort to resuscitate the game in injury time and extra-time.

Conceding so early really pisses me off. :lol: