Blackburn 4 - 3 Newcastle - 26/10/11 (CC - after ET) - post match from page 69

Rich

Our defensive form in the cup compared to the league shows just how reliant we are in certain positions on certain players and that even one key absence will hit us really hard.

Fair point, although there was more than one key absence, and also the "players can't be arsed with Carling Cup" factor.

Annoying thing is, that team bar guthrie and perch is what alot of people may have felt was our best first eleven so i dunno if it was just too many didnt turn up or it just didnt click or what but i thought we would have enough to beat blackburn

Our defensive form in the cup compared to the league shows just how reliant we are in certain positions on certain players and that even one key absence will hit us really hard.

Indeed. A couple of injuries/suspensions in key areas and we're struggling but we all knew that would be the case anyway. ACoN could be a big thing too.

I'm happy with our fighting spirit, and other teams must think we're fucking mental (which is good) but I'm not going to let go my gripe about just how profoundly shit we are at the start of every single fucking game this season. EVERY GAME.

Probably for the best anyway. If we continued with matches like that my heart would expire before the final.

:thup: Maybe one day we'll play a game in a cup competition where we'll comfortably win 2-0, with the first goal at 10 minutes and the second at 70, with the other side causing next to no problems, and no drama of any kind in the last 10 minutes of the game.

:yao:

:clap: Well fought. Next year.

Do you mean we will win it next year or that we will actually get a home tie next year? Not confident on either, but fair play to the team, shit to lose the game in the end but it was very entertaining. Bring on Stoke.

Well, Pardew seems to be the first manager in my time as a fan to take it seriously, so we'll chase it again next year. The team spirit is ridiculous, we're just lacking depth in certain positions. Aside from the loss, there's nothing but positives to take away from this.

We're just notoriously unlucky in this competition though. Last year we got Chelsea away then Arsenal at home, this year we got 3 away ties in a row and went out to a goal in the 120th minute. It's fucking brutal :lol: The commentator said during the game too that out of the last 20 cup draws, we have got 15 away ties. Need our luck to change more than anything really.

Would have been furious if we'd lost 2-0 to those c***s, the fact we weren't at full strength and it was a thriller makes it more bearable. Onwards and upwards.

Tiote & Saylor were the difference. :thup: