Newcastle United vs Everton - 05/11/11 @ 12:45pm - live on Sky

Anderson

I assume the only real change is the colour ready for winter. The ball dynamics surely can't change mid season.

Well considering they hardly play these days if there's a snowflake about, I would suggest the ball colour change is more to get the kids all excited for their new yellow Christmas football.

Not that I'm cynical in any way !!

The ball colour changes every season after the clocks go back. It changes back to white again when they go forward.

Same lineup I wanted for Stoke basically:

Krul

Simpson  Taylor  Coloccini  Raylor

Ben Arfa  Tiote  Cabaye  Jonas

Best  Ba

:thup:

Be typical after all this season ticket carry on and it being a full house if we turned out a s*** performance like.

A bit like the 0-0 with Bolton after Keegan was appointed.

Or the Blackpool game in our first game back at SJP after the Villa 6-0.

Seems like Tiote won't be risked but by all accounts a last minute fitness test. I'm still fairly confident about our midfield going into this with Guthrie as the lad is playing with confidence. There was always going to be a point where we'd have to manage without Tiote and we're going to need him at the two Manc clubs! Have read that Everton have quite a few injury question marks going into this one.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Surely there's no way Ben Arfa will start out wide given the ability of our full backs.

Aye. More chance we'll see the Marv-ster.

:jesuswept:

Our fans are fucking cringe worthy at times.

It's the MARV-IN-ATOR ffs!

:hmm:

Surely there's no way Ben Arfa will start out wide given the ability of our full backs.

May be it's one of those times (as we can afford to due to our points tally) not to worry about the opposition and let them worry about us.

Neville, Distin and Cahill all doubtful according to the website.

The first would be a minor blow, the second would be a bigger blow, the third isn't a blow at all on current form.

If I was Pardew, I would be telling Cabaye and Tiote/Guthrie to pressurise Rodwell immediately. For some reason, the lad just doesn't look that confident. When he has time, he can showcase his technique and spray the ball about. However when he's closed down quickly, he very often makes a bit of a mess of it and lacks composure when pressed. This may come in time but he's had a lot of matches now so I would start having slight doubts about whether he really will make it. As I said at the start of the season, this year is big for him. There have been signs of improvement but as I say, for a young lad with the world potentially at his feet, he bizarrely seems to lack confidence.

I'd expect Jonas to start from the right to combat Baines and Drenthe. However, don't rule out Moyes doing a Moyes and starting Osman from the left and leaving Drenthe on the bench.

Watch out for Heitinga delivering a MOTM performance for yous.

1-1/close win for you. Can't see us winning, which means we'll win. But now I've said that, we'll lose.