Newcastle United vs Everton - 05/11/11 @ 12:45pm - live on Sky

Anderson

I love seeing all of these misconceptions about us (strong and physical, haven't played anyone, etc).  Makes us stronger and more of a dark horse when we're playing teams.  We are still considered weak and will be underestimated, which only helps us in the end.  Long let it continue.

Think this is helping us massively at the moment in that alot of teams are underestimating us, sort of like when one of the promoted comes in and has a really strong start to the season.(Blackpool,Hull) But both those teams fell away epically in the 2nd half of the season so we need to be careful we are not "figured out" but i don't think thats the case at the moment as we have more quality than those teams and also the players to change the system if it starts going a bit stale.

From the one and only Mark Lawrenson:

Newcastle just keep on going, and they passed a real test of their aerial defensive capabilities by beating Stoke on Monday. I was really impressed by how hard their midfield worked too, let alone their defenders.

But the Magpies' great start to the season has just built up the pressure. They will be expected to beat Everton but cast your mind back to when they played Wigan at St James' Park on 22 October. Everyone expected them to run the Latics over, but in the end Roberto Martinez's side were unlucky not to get a point.

The Toffees have not had great results of late but have played better than a run of five defeats in six games suggests, and I am backing them to sneak a win here because I think the big problem for Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is stopping his team from thinking they just need to turn up to get the three points.

Football has a nasty habit of biting you on the backside just when you think you have cracked it, so Pardew and his players have to be careful. But, even if they are beaten on Saturday, it has been an exceptional start to the season and they are in a fantastic position ahead of their games with Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea later this month.

Prediction: 1-2

Newcastle just keep on going, and they passed a real test of their aerial defensive capabilities by beating Stoke on Monday. I was really impressed by how hard their midfield worked too, let alone their defenders.

But the Magpies' great start to the season has just built up the pressure. They will be expected to beat Everton but cast your mind back to when they played Wigan at St James' Park on 22 October. Everyone expected them to run the Latics over, but in the end Roberto Martinez's side were unlucky not to get a point.

The Toffees have not had great results of late but have played better than a run of five defeats in six games suggests, and I am backing them to sneak a win here because I think the big problem for Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is stopping his team from thinking they just need to turn up to get the three points.

Football has a nasty habit of biting you on the backside just when you think you have cracked it, so Pardew and his players have to be careful. But, even if they are beaten on Saturday, it has been an exceptional start to the season and they are in a fantastic position ahead of their games with Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea later this month.

That means a win for us then :pow:

Lawrenson's predictions this year have us on 10 points with -5 goal difference.

We have 22 points and +8.

Somehow he has Wolves in 6th place with 18 points (17th, 8 points) too.

His predictions have Wigan 2 points ahead of us ffs. :lol:

That means a win for us then :pow:

:yao:

In all seriousness, I reckon this will be a close game. Like I've said before, a draw will do me (disregard my post on the first page, got caught up in the post-win buzz on Monday) but with the run we're on and the confidence we've got atm, we have a good chance of winning.

I didn't like Pards saying he'll take a draw to stay unbeaten. Id rather we approached it a bit more confidently but no harm in being cautious i guess just don't want the players to settle for a draw when a win is very possible.

That's a very strange prediction from Lawrenson, it's almost like he's hoping he eventually gets one right against all other predictions :lol:

Ofcourse Everton can beat us on saturday but he usually predicts results on form and quality of team and therefore I'm very surprised he didn't atleast go for a draw. One thing we're starting to realise with Pardew is how well drilled his teams are and so I'd be very surprised if we get beaten due to complacency, something Lawrenson is alluding to. I'm not in the slightest offended that he keeps predicting we lose, means nothing.

I didn't like Pards saying he'll take a draw to stay unbeaten. Id rather we approached it a bit more confidently but no harm in being cautious i guess just don't want the players to settle for a draw when a win is very possible.

Thought the same as you when I heard the interview. If we're drawing, I certainly hope we'll push for a winner instead of defending a point. Unless we're being really dominated (not the Sunderland way).

I'm sure it'll be a close game.

But this bit here baffles me. I seriously doubt our players are getting big headed, thinking we're champions league material.

and I am backing them to sneak a win here because I think the big problem for Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is stopping his team from thinking they just need to turn up to get the three points.

How long before the "their fans will now be expecting the title or champions league qualification" line of attack?  :lol: :lol:

Probably when the lads are booed off on Saturday :lol:

Newcastle have been good... BUT CAST YOUR MIND BACK TO THE WIGAN MATCH PEOPLE!!! THEY NEARLY NEVER WON THAT ONE! REMEMBER!

What about Stoke Mar...

BUT WIGAN!!! THEY NEARLY LOST MAN!!! AGAINST WIGAN!!! HAHAHAHA... And that is why I think Newcatsle will get beat on Saturday afternoon, because they JUST beat Wigan. Thank you ladies and gents, it's been a pleasure.

How long before the "their fans will now be expecting the title or champions league qualification" line of attack?  :lol: :lol:

Probably when the lads are booed off on Saturday :lol:

Worryingly it doesn't take much imagination to see that actually happening. :lol: