This "not been tested"...

AlanSkÃrare

Similarly, the season we finished 3rd, our record against the "big three" from the season before (we'd finished fourth) was:

5 points from 18.

w: 1

d: 2

l: 3

gf: 9

ga: 15

If you beat the rest, you still stand a big chance of breaking into the top four :dontknow:

Our problem in that past has been dropping points against the likes of Wigan and Hull. I'm not worried how we do against the top few teams, as long as we correct that.

aye, and it seems we're well on our way to doing that at the minute

seem to be able to hang on for the point(s) even when we're under the cosh this season...although we were dangerously close to gifting it to wolves right at the death

I think it's been a rather fascinating media reaction to how we've performed up to this point.

I'm not interested in hearing people fawn over us, it's too early in the day and we all know we'll hit the skids (i.e. lose a match) at some point, almost certainly in two weeks' time, the biggest test will be how we pick ourselves up after a defeat, but the amount of people absolutely falling over themselves to denigrate our modest but still highly impressive achievement is quite sad and certainly a damning indictment of the football media's investment in the status quo - I suspect it's because they like to know exactly what's going to happen so that they can sound like they know what they're talking about.

All I've heard about all weekend - on 5Live, on Look North, in print, is how lucky we were to beat Everton yet little mention of Man Utd and Chelsea making bloody hard work of two inferior teams to Everton, no mention of luck coming into play after Spurs took an hour long raping off Fulham, just good old Brad Friedel earning his corn but when Tim Krul does it, it's jammy old Newcastle for the 11th time on the spin. The Guardian podcast last week discussed Liverpool's display at West Brom and how it "showed their title credentials" then in the next sentence said we hadn't played anybody yet!

You could go on and on and it probably sounds a bit like the old "media hates us" that every fanbase feels at times but really, some of the coverage has been downright pathetic, much of it toned like we've done something wrong for turning up and winning games. No matter, we'll probably take a kicking at City and the hacks can breathe a sigh of relief that next week they can wax lyrical about David Silva being a great player, as if they're saying something interesting, original or insightful, instead of having to watch or learn about Cabaye or Coloccini, since that might be too much like doing some f***ing work.

N.B. the most ridiculous snippet I've heard re: maintaining the status quo was in a discussion about the SPL, although I can't remember exactly where I heard it - "When someone other than Celtic or Rangers is in the top two in Scotland, that shows there's serious problems within the Scottish game" - no wonder the game in general is going to hell in a handcart with retarded attitudes like that kicking around.

bit late but it's getting towards that time of year, definite contender for post of the year.

I think it's been a rather fascinating media reaction to how we've performed up to this point.

I'm not interested in hearing people fawn over us, it's too early in the day and we all know we'll hit the skids (i.e. lose a match) at some point, almost certainly in two weeks' time, the biggest test will be how we pick ourselves up after a defeat, but the amount of people absolutely falling over themselves to denigrate our modest but still highly impressive achievement is quite sad and certainly a damning indictment of the football media's investment in the status quo - I suspect it's because they like to know exactly what's going to happen so that they can sound like they know what they're talking about.

All I've heard about all weekend - on 5Live, on Look North, in print, is how lucky we were to beat Everton yet little mention of Man Utd and Chelsea making bloody hard work of two inferior teams to Everton, no mention of luck coming into play after Spurs took an hour long raping off Fulham, just good old Brad Friedel earning his corn but when Tim Krul does it, it's jammy old Newcastle for the 11th time on the spin. The Guardian podcast last week discussed Liverpool's display at West Brom and how it "showed their title credentials" then in the next sentence said we hadn't played anybody yet!

You could go on and on and it probably sounds a bit like the old "media hates us" that every fanbase feels at times but really, some of the coverage has been downright pathetic, much of it toned like we've done something wrong for turning up and winning games. No matter, we'll probably take a kicking at City and the hacks can breathe a sigh of relief that next week they can wax lyrical about David Silva being a great player, as if they're saying something interesting, original or insightful, instead of having to watch or learn about Cabaye or Coloccini, since that might be too much like doing some f***ing work.

N.B. the most ridiculous snippet I've heard re: maintaining the status quo was in a discussion about the SPL, although I can't remember exactly where I heard it - "When someone other than Celtic or Rangers is in the top two in Scotland, that shows there's serious problems within the Scottish game" - no wonder the game in general is going to hell in a handcart with retarded attitudes like that kicking around.

bit late but it's getting towards that time of year, definite contender for post of the year.

:thup:

:thup:

Thirded.

looks like it could have been straight from RTG this

collie40  Post subject: Newcastle are crap!

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:09 am 

Location: Sale, Manchester  I've been watching Newcastle with interest after their decent point collection, but honestley they are worse than they were last year. They should,ve got beat by Everton(at home) at the weekend after taking a 2 goal lead. They beat stoke last week at the fortress, but stoke got tanked 5-0 by Bolton, so shows their form! They've also beat Wigan, wolves and fulham, who were all in the middle of bad runs at the time, drew at home with spurs, away with a poor villa side and QPR, beat Sunderland, and a draw at home to Arsenal, when Arsenal were at their lowest point! Even though on paper they have played decent teams and picked up points, it's always been when the other teams have been on a really bad run of form! I'm going for 6/7-0 when they come to our place a week on Saturday! lol

Read more...

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=239102&sid=a305a0a3c3eab07c368f8ef6b6c70e4f

That poster is an ignorant dick. Yeah, that post wouldn't look out of place on RTG.

Guest elbee909

Just realised we've already got as many wins as we got in the relegation season.  :lol:

So you're saying we're getting relegated?  Great.  BRILLIANT.

• 3 weeks later...