Cabaye - Injured for 20 mins - 5

Guthrie - Impressive - 8

Jonas - Worst game in 2011 - 5

Best - Led the line well - 6

Ba - Led the line slightly better than Best - 6.5

Gosling - No real impression - 5

Sammy - Some good, some not good, but did a job - 6

Ben Arfa - Exactly what we needed in possession towards the end - 6

Collectively we won't play that badly and win for a long long time. For what it is worth we were good in the first 20 mins before Cabaye got injured.

I really, really think Colo was better than that.

he was outrageous. shoved tmonkey's vile words down his mangy throat.

cant decide between him and guthrie for man of the match.

Colo is my motm, tbh. He killed it.

Guest guinness_fiend

How the f*** are you lot second?? :lol:

If we had anything remotely decent up front we'd have won that. Can see you coming down to earth with a bang after your next two games.

You only ended up bossing it because Cabaye went off, and we also had Tiote out injured.  These players are vital to our team and not having them makes a massive difference.

We can barely see you all the way down in 16th.

And we had no Fellaini who is just as vital to us. 

Deary me.  There's no need to be bitter.  We had almost a third of the fans' "starting eleven" out and Jonas was running on empty from kick-off, thanks to his display on Monday. 

Let's be honest, Everton have been teetering dangerously on the edge of mediocrity for a few seasons now.  You are in dire need of some forwards, a couple of decent midfielders and, from the look of Sammy taking the p*ss, a new right back.  I for one hope that you get sorted, as I've always had a soft spot for the Toffees but Moyes, like a lot of managers in the Premiership (including ours), needs some cash for new players.  And quickly.

Krul 7 - Not much to do. Didn't command his box especially well and continue to pull his kicks

Simpson 6.5 - Poor on the goal, generally solid though

Colo 7.5 - Solid as, largely kept them to shooting from range. Distributed the ball well.

Taylor 7 - Good, good

Roberto Carlos 7 - Great going forward, but doubled the work of an already under-performing Jonas.

Marveaux 7 - Thought he was really good until he got injured. Don't think we tactically used him as well as we could have. Like to see him on the left.

Guthrie 7 - Worked really hard, with some good touches.

Cabaye 8 - Excellent until his injury kicked in. We were looking really slick first 20 minutes - largely thanks to Mr Yohan. Get well soon!

Jonas 6 - Improved second half but not his day. Still one of our two top performers this season by quite some way. Rest up Spidey :thup:

Best 8 - I was really impressed with him today. Didn't get his goal, but help up the ball, showed really good predatory instincts and battled well. Worked for the team.

Ba 6 - Thought he was poor today if I'm honest. Perhaps understandably selfish, he was slow to release the ball and lost possession a lot when there were options on.

Sammy 7.5 - Everton couldn't be arsed with him. Perfect sub. Sloppy in possession once or twice though. Concentrate Sammy!

Gosling 6.5 - Grafted, but didn't show much quality on the ball.

Ben Arfa 7.5 - Very, very encouraging. Blending his undoubted skill with some discipline and intelligence. Can't be far away from the first-team on this form.

As a general thing, I think the after-effects of the Stoke game were really evident today. We look knackered, lost our rhythm and were really slow in releasing our final ball.

Great first 11 games. :celb:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Tbf to Everton the deserved at least a draw. They should have a stonewall pen from the Gosling handball.

:troll:

Everton are shit. Even when our best players were going off injured (Heitinga deliberately injuring Marveaux at that) they still had nothing. Gash team.

Well done for saying this, can't believe how many people big up Everton.

If we had anything remotely decent up front we'd have won that. Can see you coming down to earth with a bang after your next two games.

You only ended up bossing it because Cabaye went off, and we also had Tiote out injured.  These players are vital to our team and not having them makes a massive difference.

And with that in mind, you lost. It speaks volumes of the mentality of each set of players - the contrasting ways they handled the dilema of key men being unavailable... We're second because of our defence, our ability to score goals, and a bit of luck btw. Simple as that, really.

I like his hair tbh.

Great result, so pleased for the team to come through that. Everton will feel they should have got something out of it, but we defended so well it would have been harsh.

I think it goes to show that against the better teams without a doubt we will need Tiote and Cabaye to be a threat, and hopefully with the break now they will have a chance to make it back for the City game.

Jonas looked really tired today, but still got back and defended ok. I think we missed Obertan's runs, Marv didn't really impose himself on the game as we might have hoped. Bit worrying that Ben Arfa still isn't up to speed with things yet, and unfortunately we don't have the type of games we can ease him back into so he is going to have to make better appearances from the bench if he wants to get into the team.

25 points from 11 games, still can't believe it!!  :frantic:  :lol:

16th I see. You're in massive trouble if you play like that every week. One of the worst teams we've played against this season, easily.

Everton was shocking, for all the possession in second half they created absolutely nothing. And their defence doesn't look as solid as normally. I doubt that they can climb the table to 7-9 like normally, more like 10-13.

I thought Everton were gash, and not just up front. Nothing up front, ropey in defense, and flattered to deceive in midfield. Thought Rodwell was okay but was disappointed in Drenthe. All fart and no shit from him today.

We were really comfortable in the end; had no doubt that we'd hold on. No surprise that there's 14 places between us and them.

Drenthe was so predictable.

Guest efullerton

Krul  6

Simpson  7

Taylor  7

Coloccini  8

Raylor  7

Marveaux  6

Cabaye  5

Guthrie  8

Jonas  6

Best 6.5

Ba  7

Gosling  6

Sammy  6

Ben Arfa  6

This for me with Simpson given the award for most improved; despite letting Rodwell get a step on him, he worked really hard, made some crucial tackles, and provided some excellent crosses.

1878's comment is getting an obscene ammount of attention like :lol:

It is quite unintentionally amusing.

In keeping with the average Everton fan in my experience.

The comment about the next few matches for us is nothing more than everyone else is saying.

But i wish someone would give him another few straws to grasp at !