Man City vs Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - 3pm

MW

If Best is out i reckon we will start like this. 

Ba

Ben Arfa

Jonas - Cabaye - Guthrie - Sammy

Raylor - Colo - Saylor - Simpson

Krul

It'll be interesting to see how we deal with the right wing/forward issue. We could risk Obertan/experiment with Santon, Sammy or Ben Arfa on the right. For me Best has to start, it'd be whether I play Ba or Ben Arfa behind him. Perhaps Ben Arfa would be more useful in terms of keeping the ball and taking pressure off the defence.

Whatever the line up we're going to be up against it, especially without Tiote. Even the optimist in me can see nothing but a defeat here.

Follow Englands example against Spain. Who cares how dull the game is, if we could steal 3 points like England did that would be champion.

I was listening to pardew on the radio and he was saying that due to the international break hes had chance to study all man citys games in detail and he'd noticed that the teams who do well against them are the teams that have a go at them , Man utd apart but he said that was down to the sending off.  So I expect him to go for it, they are used to teams sitting deep with their passing ability they can exploit tight spaces anyway, you need to get the ball in their half, you'd rather Kompany be on the ball more than david silva, so I think well play a high line attempting to push them into their own half.

I agree the teams who have done well have played that way but still lost. Who's to say if we play our game of keeping possession but sitting back we won't do better than they managed?

Best hasn't travelled.

If this is true, then I reckon we'll see Ben Arfa or Shola starting.

Rather see Ben Arfa than Shola, I want to see their smug faces when he scores a hatrick.

Same, I'd definitely rather see Ben Arfa starting than Shola. But it depends on what system Pardew wants to play, if he wants someone to try and hold the ball up, then he may very well pick Shola.....

Follow Englands example against Spain. Who cares how dull the game is, if we could steal 3 points like England did that would be champion.

I was listening to pardew on the radio and he was saying that due to the international break hes had chance to study all man citys games in detail and he'd noticed that the teams who do well against them are the teams that have a go at them , Man utd apart but he said that was down to the sending off.  So I expect him to go for it, they are used to teams sitting deep with their passing ability they can exploit tight spaces anyway, you need to get the ball in their half, you'd rather Kompany be on the ball more than david silva, so I think well play a high line attempting to push them into their own half.

I agree the teams who have done well have played that way but still lost. Who's to say if we play our game of keeping possession but sitting back we won't do better than they managed?

In the past couple of games our possession has been okay... not great. Man City's posession is outstanding... and their ability to take away the ball from teams that sit back is also exceptional. They are on another level as us when given time to organise. Their CL games scared me to be honest, so I would agree with Pardew. Man City's only loss so far has been against Bayern Munchen who pressed hard from the start (I am not saying that we are anywhere close to Bayern BTW). It was when City started playing more defensively and put on (everyone's favourite player) De Jong that they lost the plot and went onto lose.

Wouldn't start Sammy in a million years.

Sammy over HBA tomorrow would be as bad as when Souness played N'Zogbia ahead of Robert in Lisbon.

:thup: I like Sammy and he has the potential but he is so raw it's untrue. He'd suffer against whoever tomorrow, especially going towards our goal.