Some vaguely amusing football jocularity

M4

3 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

I get the Champions League bit, but nothing seems to be made of Villa having Thursday night football to contend with.

Dunno how true it is but someone was saying Emery teams don’t do as well in the league as they do in Europe. 

3 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

I get the Champions League bit, but nothing seems to be made of Villa having Thursday night football to contend with.

May be to do with  the standard of opposition.

Edited by madras

On 11/08/2023 at 19:06, Ben said:

I'm absolutely loving how every pundit are already writing us off because we didn't get Maddison, we lost ASM and have the Champions League to worry about, daft cunts.

Love also how the media are framing us as having to “worry” about the Champions League. As though being there now is a negative. 

Edited by Joelinton7

16 hours ago, 54 said:

:lol:

This reminds of a time I was in Greece and attempted to navigate via train to the town center without my Greek speaking friend just so I could find a pub that might be showing the Man Utd Newcastle game (2014 when we won away in the yellow kit?)

Managed to find a random pub down a quiet side street. There was also a Newcastle fan from Hong Kong and also one from Australia in there also and a few man U fans. Was an enjoyable victory ☺️