St James' Park

Dave

Ashley knows we all hate the SD s****, so why would he put it on the shirts? Not only would he lose sponsorship money, but shirt sales would plummet massively. Still wouldn't surprise me mind.

He knows we hate it, so why put it on the stadium, on the season tickets, on the roof, in the tunnel around the 'Howay the Lads' sign...

May well be something else, but people must have learned there lesson from all the other times we've said "Ashley wouldn't be that stupid."

Because we haven't gotten a good enough offer for the stadium rights yet.. what else would you suggest he puts there as a place holder for the future naming rights? "You're ad here"?

You must be the only man on the planet that believes the "showcase" bollocks. I've got some lovely magic beans i'd like to sell you.

I suppose you were also one of the people who thought Ashley would put us into administration to "get back at the fans".  There is no conspiracy you loon.

He's done it to showcase Sports Direct. That's all. No conspiracy, but certainly little expectation that a blue chip company is going to see all his fucking awful signage and immediately throw him a cheque, because it just looks so fucking great.

Conspiracy :lol:

I can only assume that the club can't afford the licenses for Photoshop/Illustrator etc to show marketing professionals at all these blue chip companies what logos on the stadium might look at like any other advertising/marketing people would do so they got the trusty old school paint and signage out and are sending people the images by fax/post and kind Mike happily said: "If you must, you can use the logos from my little enterprise, but only if you must."

Because we haven't gotten a good enough offer for the stadium rights yet.. what else would you suggest he puts there as a place holder for the future naming rights? "You're ad here"?

We already have a sponsor for the shirts, the only way that's changing is if we find a better deal, it'll be interesting to see what it is, but please get the whole Sports Direct conspiracy out of your heads.

Companies aren't capable of imagining what a sign on a stadium would look like?  Suppose you must be right, we probably wouldn't have had all these offers if it wasnt for the placeholder clearly demonstrating what sponsoring a stadium must be like.

Ashley knows we all hate the SD shite, so why would he put it on the shirts? Not only would he lose sponsorship money, but shirt sales would plummet massively. Still wouldn't surprise me mind.

He knows we hate it, so why put it on the stadium, on the season tickets, on the roof, in the tunnel around the 'Howay the Lads' sign...

May well be something else, but people must have learned there lesson from all the other times we've said "Ashley wouldn't be that stupid."

We already have a sponsor for the shirts, the only way that's changing is if we find a better deal, it'll be interesting to see what it is, but please get the whole Sports Direct conspiracy out of your heads.

You must have missed SJH's comments that Ashley only planned to use NUFC as a platform to market Sports Direct abroad.

I can only assume that the club can't afford the licenses for Photoshop/Illustrator etc to show marketing professionals at all these blue chip companies what logos on the stadium might look at like any other advertising/marketing people would do so they got the trusty old school paint and signage out and are sending people the images by fax/post and kind Mike happily said: "If you must, you can use the logos from my little enterprise, but only if you must."

Are you suggesting that renaming the stadium and putting up place holder ads is pointless other than simply to advertise Sports Direct.  Because no it isn't, and not because it  show cases the idea of stadium advertising to prospective sponsors either.  But because it takes the brunt of the bad feeling away from the future sponsor.

Ashley knows we all hate the SD s****, so why would he put it on the shirts? Not only would he lose sponsorship money, but shirt sales would plummet massively. Still wouldn't surprise me mind.

You must have missed SJH's comments that Ashley only planned to use NUFC as a platform to market Sports Direct abroad.

Not sure I would believe much of what comes out of Hall's mouth to be honest.

I don't really care anymore if it is Sports Direct.

It's already plastered over everything else, and the money issue doesn't matter to us because we don't spend any money above  we get from player sales anyway.

Fucking hell :lol:

You're completely right, mind you :sad:

I thought Teasy scoffing at people for having the ridiculous idea that Ashley would do something like this seemed a bit familiar...

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,62360.msg1847002.html#msg1847002

Erm, I must have been away when Ashley "squeezed every penny he could out of the club as quickly as he could…. and then liquidated it" :mackems:

Seriously you can do better than that, surely I've actually been conclusively wrong about something in the past, keep looking I'm sure you'll find loads of comments to help your cause :lol:  Maybe I said Obertan was decent at some point, trying searching for "Teasy Obertan", you sad cunt.

Are you suggesting that renaming the stadium and putting up place holder ads is pointless other than simply to advertise Sports Direct.  Because no it isn't, and not because it  show cases the idea of stadium advertising to prospective sponsors either.  But because it takes the brunt of the bad feeling away from the future sponsor.

.... there is no future sponsor.

I thought Teasy scoffing at people for having the ridiculous idea that Ashley would do something like this seemed a bit familiar...

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,62360.msg1847002.html#msg1847002

Erm, I must have been away when Ashley "squeezed every penny he could out of the club as quickly as he could…. and then liquidated it" :mackems:

Seriously you can do better than that, surely I've actually been conclusively wrong about something in the past, keep looking I'm sure you'll find loads of comments to help your cause :lol:  Maybe I said Obertan was decent at some point, trying searching for "Teasy Obertan", you sad cunt.

Someone's a little tetchy today :bluestar: 

Even though it's completely unthinkable that we would end up with SD on our shirts instead of a paying sponsor, will you humour me and let me know if you think it would be acceptable if it did happen... Hypothetically?

Also, how many years beyond Derek's prediction of - what was it, ten months? - do you think would pass with the 'placeholder' name up there before you might conceed that the people who rolled their eyes when we were told that was the purpose of becoming the Sports Direct Arena might have had a point?

We've had the SD signage around the ground for over a year. That's a Premier League club with 50,000 fans in the ground and millions watching worldwide once or twice a week.

NO company in the world sees this as a good opportunity? Or are Ashley and Llambo pricing everyone else out? Easy answer.

(Just remembered that SD Greek website advert :jesuswept: )

I don't think there is a conspiracy but tbh he owns the club, why can't he advertise his own company on his stadium. Not that i agree with it as its horrific but from a business point of view he's not really doing anything wrong is he?

I don't think there is a conspiracy but tbh he owns the club, why can't he advertise his own company on his stadium. Not that i agree with it as its horrific but from a business point of view he's not really doing anything wrong is he?

Not his.  The club lease the ground.

Ok but it is his business and presumably the lease to his business allows him to do it. While I don't agree with the decisions he has always made I don't think there is any conspiracy, he is just a business man where I think we expect a benefactor, he makes decisions based on money, thats the bottom line. We as customers don't like it but reality is we are in a better place now than when he took over

Don't think it's a foregone conclusion it'll be SD on the shirts by the way, but would be daft to discount it as something he simply wouldn't do.

I think they have a joint shirt n stadium lined up, would be daft if not considering the presumably 10 million they would lose for the next year, can't see them doing it just to go back to SD, wouldn't make sense

Not his.  The club lease the ground.

Are you sure? They pay rent for the land as it forms part of the Park which is owned by the Freemen of the city, but the stadium itself is owned by NUFC.