Sepp Blatter: Racism can all be forgotten in a handshake

LooneyToonArmy

Sepp Blatter has threatened to cause a fresh storm after claiming any racist abuse between football players should be settled by a handshake.

The head of Fifa made the controversial comments during a television interview with CNN World Sport.

Asked if he thought there was racism on the pitch, the FIFA president said: 'I would deny it. There is no racism, there is maybe one of the players towards another, he has a word or a gesture which is not the correct one, but also the one who is affected by that.

'He should say that this is a game. We are in a game, and at the end of the game, we shake hands, and this can happen, because we have worked so hard against racism and discrimination.

'I think the whole world is aware of the efforts we are making against racism and discrimination. And on the field of play sometimes you say something that is not very correct, but then at the end of the game, the game is over and you have the next game where you can behave better.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2062388/Sepp-Blatter-Racism-dealt-handshake-says-world-football-chief.html#ixzz1dwPImuvu

One the forum index page the title just shows as

"Sepp Blatter: Racism can..."

would have been class had he just said 'Racism can suck my balls'.

Would have been smarter than what he actually did say, tbf.

He's presided over an obviously corrupt organisation for years and ran elections Robert Mugabe would be proud of.  This will get nowehere near shifting him and the so called larger football associations haven't got the balls to threaten to pull out of FIFA never mind actually doing it.  The same goes for any of their major sponsors.

Guest Roger Kint

Criticised by Stan Collymore, Robbie Savage and Rio Ferdinand on twitter. Oh It's serious.

Its that serious its got a whole paragraph on page 7 of L'Equipe

An interesting debate on Wright Stuff about this all. Matt Dawson fighting against Blatter's stance fantastically, Wright playing the Devil's advocate well, also, to the point he's irritating the fuck out of me right now. :lol:

The scary thing is that some people do and say so many wrong/stupid things that it just desensitizes you.

Most people won't even be that mad about this. They'll just be "oh right, there's Blatter doing something daft again" and forget about it.

Part of the reason why he'll never be forced out of power.

The scary thing is that some people do and say so many wrong/stupid things that it just desensitizes you.

Most people won't even be that mad about this. They'll just be "oh right, there's Blatter doing something daft again" and forget about it.

Could say the same about Ashley and Llambias.

Could say the same about Ashley and Llambias.

Partially true. I can't say I'd be surprised if Llambias turned out to be a Nazi or something.

All I've heard about on ssn this morning, hopefully it continues until too much pressure is piled of FIFA to remove him.

"THE WHOLE OF THE UK IS OUTRAGED BY THIS"

Fucking hell watching Sky Sports News this morning I thought he'd actualy called someone a black cunt. Idiotic comments and ones you certainly don't want the head of such a large and diverse organisation making, but seeing the reaction has pissed me off more than the comments themself.

I detest Blatter like, and this is just another reason to a pretty substantial list of why he should just fuck off and die.

The guy in charge of football is a racist corrupt idiot, I think it's a fairly big story, though there is a lot of mock outrage going on, FIFA has become everything that's wrong with football, corporate money grabbing and unfriendly. While Blatter is probably guilty in this case of being a bit behind the times rather than an 'outright racist' (there#s not really a proper term) at all, all the negative publicity is good for convincing people what a piece of work he is.