Manchester City 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - post-match reaction from p41

Dave

My thoughts from yesterday:

The lads shouldn't be too disheartened by the result. We did play the best team in the country atm so it was always going to be a big task to get a result from the game. Our team spirit was still there and we didn't give up even when we went 3-0 down. Colo and Saylor were solid at CB once again and they did shut City out for most of the game.

Ben Arfa's performance was very positive, was good to see the lad perform well after what happened at Eastlands last year. Some good attacking play here and there and should have scored in the second half. Silly penalty to give away though.

In fact, all of City's goals were avoidable. It was Raylor's worst game this season, the penalty he gave away was stupid - why did he stretch his arms out? He should have known better at this level. Their second goal, such a poor touch from Ryan.

Still, all in all it was an encouraging display.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

The part as the one guy said the City line-up through telephone was also interesting.

Lots and lots of little details every football fan wants to know. Would love something like that from a matchday at SJP.

Great, more body language to analyse.

Who was the bloke a number of players on both sides were greeting at the end of the match? In a City jacket.

Taylor and Shola both greeted him, I assumed it was some sort of U-21s connection, especially since Platt's at City now. No idea who he is though.

I think it is someone who used to be on the backroom staff for us.  I remember last season, there was also someone on their staff (the same person?) who several of our players spent time chatting to.

What happened with when it kicked off in thr ground? Did outside after as well apparently but didnt see anything.

As people are saying, we gave a decent account of ourselves, goal difference didnt get a battering and we can take some positives from the game

It started to get a bit micey in the second half between the two sets of fans, but generally it was just a few idiots throwing things.

Their lot must be some of the roughest toe rags around mind, like the mackems with added cheap heroin. The walk back into town was calm though and we met some decent lads.

Cracking night in Manchester as well. Typical away trip really; poor result & great craic.

Their lot must be some of the roughest toe rags around mind,

Give them a run of successful seasons and the demographic of their home crowd will change just like it does with every other club that attains success.

The toe rags will get priced out in about 3-4 years.

Guest Chubby Jason

There is a large portion of Man City fans at the stadium that don't even seem to watch the game. They just face the away supporters for the 90 minutes shouting abuse.

There is a large portion of Man City fans at the stadium that don't even seem to watch the game. They just face the away supporters for the 90 minutes shouting abuse.

Some of our lot are just as bad. More interested in what's going on in the stands than on the pitch.

We were drinking in the Northern Quarter pre match and there was a bunch of 20 year old lads in a very small pub on Thomas Street. Clearly been on the pop all morning and singing, shouting and swearing in a fairly quiet bar. Baically not showing the place a jot of repect. In the end the staff told them to piss off as they wouldn't be getting served. I've said it a few times over the last five years our away crowd has become heavily polluted by the arsehole contingent. Still some great characters but the younger lot are, on the whole, just an embarrassment to the club.

Some of our lot are just as bad. More interested in what's going on in the stands than on the pitch.

We were drinking in the Northern Quarter pre match and there was a bunch of 20 year old lads in a very small pub on Thomas Street. Clearly been on the pop all morning and singing, shouting and swearing in a fairly quiet bar. Baically not showing the place a jot of repect. In the end the staff told them to piss off as they wouldn't be getting served. I've said it a few times over the last five years our away crowd has become heavily polluted by the arsehole contingent. Still some great characters but the younger lot are, on the whole, just an embarrassment to the club.

This may be true (not that i think it is) but i hate it when i hear shit like this. Makes me wonder if whenever i go to the game all the oldies around me are thinking 'hes an embarressment to the club' 'the new breed of nufc fans are all cunts' etc.

I'm a proper little tear-away like.  :whatdidido:

Agree though, there's some right wankers that manage to get their hands on tickets.

I don't think it's outrageous to say that some of our lot need to learn some manners. A lot of the younger lads are perfectly sound, it's just a minority that act the tit.

It started to get a bit micey in the second half between the two sets of fans, but generally it was just a few idiots throwing things.

Their lot must be some of the roughest toe rags around mind, like the mackems with added cheap heroin. The walk back into town was calm though and we met some decent lads.

Cracking night in Manchester as well. Typical away trip really; poor result & great craic.

it's milan light. they pose and posture inside the ground when there are people stopping them but outside the ground where there are no stewards and little policing......... nothing.

cracking night out in manchester on the friday, even saturday pre game was good, no bother whatsoever but when you get into the ground they all become tough.