Manchester United vs Newcastle United - Saturday 26th November @ 3pm

Guest VaVaVoom

Gosling's in theory a better partner for Cabaye, but Guthrie obviously deserves to start having played well recently.

He still hasn't really convinced me that he's back to full match fitness. Guthrie started against Stoke and looked like a Premier League player that day.

Whenever Gosling came on he looked a bit unfit. Hard to judge him on the few times he's played for us, though.

It was more the quote about guthrie not being the tiote type player that we need against man united. Which got me worried bout perch/smith starting

We'd see Gosling starting in CM long before those two like.

Guest VaVaVoom

Mike Jones now refereeing this game in place of Phil Dowd.

Any idea why? We normally seem to win under Dowd.

Any stats?

I'd not be suprised to see a dubious penalty for them and a stone waller turned down for us. Thats been the way at old trafford for years.

It doesnt really matter though. Lets rely on our ability, confidence and recent form to take a game to Man U. We are capable of going there and really having a go instead of refereeing decisions.

The logic still applies to this game as well as the Citeh game. No-one expects us to get any points from these big three games.

The spirit is good, we are playing some good football from a side still evolving together and can only get better. Tiote would of been a big boost had he been fit but Guthrie has shown enough composure and intent in his few games to feel confident in him and Cabaye in the engine room. Maybe see Gosling off the bench in the second half to show his metal against a top side.

Dont see any reason for some on hear to know be feeling negative about thmora.

Im just hoping for a little  suprise added bonus from AP too, start Santon at LB and get Obertan on the right if he is 100% or Sammeobi. The plans still the same. Battle and spar in the engine room and attacl down the flanks on the counter with pace. Ben Arfa can really be our match winner here, i reckon he will be fired up after his last performance and will want more of the same. He has that "big game" temperement and ability which is what potentially makes him a world class player. A player who will want to play european football like many in our squad. They know to get it we need to get a few results like a win thmora to finish up there and deserve it.

2-1 to us thmora. Ben Arfa and Cabaye.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

It was more the quote about guthrie not being the tiote type player that we need against man united. Which got me worried bout perch/smith starting

Don't even think Smith will play for us again.

Guest VaVaVoom

Why do you say that?

He shouldnt like. He is fuckin garbage. Not in the games though. In the cup at most. Afterall he is still picking up £60k a week for hardly being on the bench much neither.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Why do you say that?

He shouldnt like. He is fuckin garbage. Not in the games though. In the cup at most. Afterall he is still picking up £60k a week for hardly being on the bench much neither.

Can't see him coming on any time up past Christmas and then we should have Maiga and Marveaux on the mend.

Guest VaVaVoom

Why do you say that?

Can't see him coming on any time up past Christmas and then we should have Maiga and Marveaux on the mend.

Neither of them play in Smiths position do they so why would that make a difference?

Its more so the case AP is wanting to prefer youth and Gosling and Guthrie are both well ahead to get into the 1st team in the league. Could argue Abeid and Vuckic are ahead as well. Fuck me even Perch is just because he is more versitile if albeit as much as a liability.

Smith will get game and i agree it cant, shouldnt.....wont be before christmas or anytime upto the 1st round of the FA Cup. Maybe we could se him then and sell the fucker in January.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Why do you say that?

Neither of them play in Smiths position do they so why would that make a difference?

No, but both have played as support players before and Marveaux has definitely played in the middle.

Why do you say that?

Its more so the case AP is wanting to prefer youth and Gosling and Guthrie are both well ahead to get into the 1st team in the league. Could argue Abeid and Vuckic are ahead as well. Fuck me even Perch is just because he is more versitile if albeit as much as a liability.

Smith will get game and i agree it cant, shouldnt.....wont be before christmas or anytime upto the 1st round of the FA Cup. Maybe we could se him then and sell the fucker in January.

1st Round of the FA Cup has been and gone mate.

We get a point from this and we're in the top four no matter what anybody else does. After our two most difficult games of the season that's my hope. I was hoping for far less than that in August. What a team!

We've got a very decent run of fixtures after this...

This is the 2nd least favourable of the 'nightmare 3'. Considering we gave ourselves a good showing last week, if we do the same this week we'll get a point. Next week we'll get all three.