Manchester United vs Newcastle United - Saturday 26th November @ 3pm

Guest VaVaVoom

Guest ykmkmdd

They'll probably have Carrick and Fletcher in the middle, which I reckon Cabaye and Guthrie can handle. It's Nani and Young on the wings and Rooney and I'm guessing Hernandez up front we need to worry about.

Still fancy us to nick a draw if Ben Arfa continues his improvement....

I'm so sick of this Tiote stuff. Can't they just say that he's out for 2 months then instead of getting our hopes up before every fucking match? They must have known that he will not feature in this matches days ago.

I'm so sick of this Tiote stuff. Can't they just say that he's out for 2 months then instead of getting our hopes up before every fucking match? They must have known that he will not feature in this matches days ago.

It's not great for the fans who follow to the day to day but from the club's point of view it's a good strategy. It's also the Man Utd. team and staff (not just Newcastle fans) who have had to prepare for the possibility of Tiote playing for the last few days.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/11/25/nufc-must-attack-manchester-united-alan-pardew-61634-29839173/

United will recall Gabriel Obertan, retain Hatem Ben Arfa and could even hand Sammy Ameobi a second successive start as Pardew backs his attack-minded side to trouble the Red Devils. Injuries will rule knee ligament victim Cheick Tiote and Leon Best out of contention.

Sammy and Obertan? What devilment is this?

Guest VaVaVoom

Could it all not just be a ploy to keep Man Utd guessing? Tiote could feature i reckon.

If not then its still going to be a pretty strong side.

-------------------Krul----------------------

Simpson---Saylor---Coloccini---Raylor

Obertan---Guthrie---Cabaye---Jonas

----------------Ben Arfa-------------------

--------------------Ba----------------------

I'd just hope wish AP would start Santon instead of Raylor. Best option against Nani imo.

Not sure they'll get murdered, but they'll keep our wingers hampered enough to keep us on the backfoot for large spells. Feels like if he is free to push up, then so can the rest of the team. If he's pegged back, you know the only "attacks" we'll have will be long balls.

Could it all not just be a ploy to keep Man Utd guessing? Tiote could feature i reckon.

If not then its still going to be a pretty strong side.

-------------------Krul----------------------

Simpson---Saylor---Coloccini---Raylor

Obertan---Guthrie---Cabaye---Jonas

----------------Ben Arfa-------------------

--------------------Ba----------------------

I'd just hope wish AP would start Santon instead of Raylor. Best option against Nani imo.

Pretty much agree with all of this. I'd give Santon his debut too. Edgar did pretty well at old Trafford a few years back. We need to be able to attack more down our left flank.

Will he go for Sammy over Obertan?

Bench will be interesting too.

Hope Simpson (the man u fan) has a good game and doesn't give away any penalties.

Guest Roger Kint
Pretty much agree with all of this. I'd give Santon his debut too. Edgar did pretty well at old Trafford a few years back. We need to be able to attack more down our left flank.

Edgar didnt play at OT was at home on New Years Day iirc. Not sure why you are comparing it to Santon though, two entirely different circumstances tbh.

Guest VaVaVoom

Dont really agree with the notion both our fullbacks will get murdered like although Raylor might get a tough time up against Nani but i would think Jonas will do what he has been doing alot of this season and protect and help out Raylor. Santon should be starting though.

Playing a natural LB (although also right footed) means less defensive onus on Jonas who would be crucial to our attacks.

I reckon its gonna be keep it tight, press press press and then counter. With the creativity of Cabaye, the magic of Ben Arfa and pace down both flanks it would be a pretty good game plan. A game plan that would be solidified with the addition of Tiote should he play.

Really fancy us to get something out of this.

Guthrie injured/doubtful as well? Gosling then? Getting grimmer by the second this.

Real shame for Guthrie if he misses out as well, but is there really that much between him and Gosling?

Guthrie looks a lot more comfortable in possession this season to me.