Rooney's assault on Coloccini

James

He looks like Yoda and his team of the weeks usually consist of whoever has managed to score a goal.

Thickest person on TV by a mile.

claridge, merson, le tiss ?

Claridge is more miserable than thick; Merse can at least blame the coke; Le Tiss isn't too bad.

Garth?!? What a shit name.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/garth-crooks-415x275.jpg

Seen a few decent comments on it today.

This one from Who Ate All The Pies' site, won't link the article as it's got a video in it

Should Wayne Rooney Escape Unpunished For Kicking Lumps Out Of Fabricio Coloccini?

By Chris Wright

I don’t mind admitting it absolutely galled me that the sycophantic tools on the Match of the Day sofa just flat-out refused to acknowledge and/or call-out Wayne Rooney’s petulant slash at a prone Fabricio Coloccini last night, despite watching replay after replay of the United meathead poorly masking his errant boot as an attempt to prise the ball out from underneath the Newcastle centre-half.

All three pundits – Lineker, Lawrenson and, least surprisingly, Shearer – saw ‘absolutely nothing wrong’ with this…

I’d have been willing to give Rooney the benefit of the doubt after the first kick – Coloccini was sitting on the ball after all – but the second punt was a dead give away.

What me, you and the braying were seeing was Rooney dealing with quick-onset provocation due to Coloccini’s ragged challenge in the only way his brain (which I’d be willing to venture is roughly 85% Shippam’s Beef Paste) could process it – a thoughtless spike of venomous, moronic aggression.

There seems to be a common misconception that Rooney has turned a corner when it comes to things like this. Rubbish, ask Miodrag Dzudovic for details. Any other player would’ve been disciplined for the deliberate kick on Coloccini either during or after the game. Rooney didn’t even see a yellow, though Hatem Ben Arfa did for his reaction to seeing a prone teammate having lumps kicked out of him.

Why does Rooney continually have this kind of dumb aggression written off as nothing more that a mere ‘by-product of his game’, a ‘crime of passion’ if you will? Why people? Why?!?!

For me it's definitely a yellow, pretty perplexed with the MOTD lot all saying it was absolutely fine.

Also, any chance of a thread title change, cringing every time I see it.

Sadly, predictably true. He really doesn't seem to like Colo.

More to do with the fact he loves Rooney.

This one from Who Ate All The Pies' site, won't link the article as it's got a video in it

Should Wayne Rooney Escape Unpunished For Kicking Lumps Out Of Fabricio Coloccini?

By Chris Wright

I don’t mind admitting it absolutely galled me that the sycophantic tools on the Match of the Day sofa just flat-out refused to acknowledge and/or call-out Wayne Rooney’s petulant slash at a prone Fabricio Coloccini last night, despite watching replay after replay of the United meathead poorly masking his errant boot as an attempt to prise the ball out from underneath the Newcastle centre-half.

All three pundits – Lineker, Lawrenson and, least surprisingly, Shearer – saw ‘absolutely nothing wrong’ with this…

I’d have been willing to give Rooney the benefit of the doubt after the first kick – Coloccini was sitting on the ball after all – but the second punt was a dead give away.

What me, you and the braying were seeing was Rooney dealing with quick-onset provocation due to Coloccini’s ragged challenge in the only way his brain (which I’d be willing to venture is roughly 85% Shippam’s Beef Paste) could process it – a thoughtless spike of venomous, moronic aggression.

There seems to be a common misconception that Rooney has turned a corner when it comes to things like this. Rubbish, ask Miodrag Dzudovic for details. Any other player would’ve been disciplined for the deliberate kick on Coloccini either during or after the game. Rooney didn’t even see a yellow, though Hatem Ben Arfa did for his reaction to seeing a prone teammate having lumps kicked out of him.

Why does Rooney continually have this kind of dumb aggression written off as nothing more that a mere ‘by-product of his game’, a ‘crime of passion’ if you will? Why people? Why?!?!

For me it's definitely a yellow, pretty perplexed with the MOTD lot all saying it was absolutely fine.

Yep, unfortunately so really.

By Chris Wright

Yep.

he's just being honest as an ex pro. rooney is very good and in shearers time those sort of things went on, i think colo knows this , so does ben arfa and it was good for him to seek to protect his team mate. we've been reading tonight from louis saha about gary speed and did hamman putting in warning tackles to  protect him, it's a physical game and those playing it want it that way.

By Chris Wright

Yep, unfortunately so really.

I would have thought it would be due to the fact he survived a vicious headbutt to the foot from Neil Lennon and probably really has no problem with that kind of action.

Atleast Merson, Le Tiss etc are entertaining. In my view anyway. Phil Thompson is prob the worst pundit there, just for his over bias.

Merson, is by quite some distance the worst 'pundit' on TV. I don't find it particularly funny he gets paid millions despite being unable to string a sentance together, let alone a coheret opinion.

Definitely not a red, he kicks the ball first time and the second is momemtum and Colo is too quick.

However, when the ball is lodged between players on the floor it's pretty common for players to take advantage of the fact they can kick the ball and the man at the sametime.

f*** off is the second kick momentum, the second kick is a deliberate attempt at hurting Coloccini, he's clearly lashing out in frustration. Disgusts me that some on here don't think it's a red tbh.

Plus even if the ball was there, most sane football players would know that to lash out like that with a full swing has a high chance of injuring a fellow player. Players go on all the time about not intentionally wanting to injure a fellow player but when you kick like that when a fellow player is on the ground, that's exactly what you are trying to do. The fact that the ball was or wasn't there is immaterial, it merely masked his intention and he's just using it as an excuse which unfortunately many seemed to accept, to me if anything it is at best taking advantage of the situation for evil intent and at worst cowardice of the highest order.

Seemed a yellow to me seeing it on replay.

What was Cabaye's card for anyway? Was mentioned earlier, but I don't think I saw it. Just him fuming at being carded.

Throwing the ball to a Man U player for a throw in in a `petulant` manner. Yet Fabio Da Silva can jump, scream, shout wave his arms around like a 5 year old in the assistant refs face for at least 5 seconds but escape punishment because he was already on a yellow.

Rooney vividly shouted "fuck off" at the ref at one point and got nowt.

I've never watched a match where he doesn't, it's a disgrace but you can expect nothing less from that despicable football club with that horrible fat old cretin in charge.

Read this before I watched the clip, so expected it to be pretty awful. Absolutely nothing in it, to call it an 'assault' is just laughable.

I felt the same when I first saw it.

TBH Rooney probably was trying to hurt Colo, but he was cleverly using a situation where he was allowed to kick him repeatedly like that because the ball happened to be nearby.

The final swipe was pure intent & frustration, in no way can that be defended.. had that been any of the Man Ure squad on the relieving end they would have screamed and thrashed around in agony.

The handshake was more about "thanks for not getting me sent off" than it was "sorry mate"

It's a real shame Ferguson and his players are always such despicable cunts. He's achieved so much in the game and is obviously pretty much a genius, but his behaviour in public just means you can't respect him.

Not a lot makes me happier than seeing that they're not the best team in their own city now, it's brilliant, won't be long until they all sit there at home games just crying at the thought of their neighbours winning the lot, after they thought they had it all. Beijing collectively weeps, horrible cunts.

We may never come close to winning as much as Man Utd, but at least we will always be the best team in our own City.

"Assault" is ott, but to suggest that there was "absolutely nothing in it" is canny naive. The ball was there to be won but he went for it in the most dickheaded fashion he could.

Absolutely no need; if that was Suarez lying on the floor instead of Colo he'd have been off.

Think that's the best summary, he knew he could probably get away with that type of kicking because the ball was there.

"Assault" is ott, but to suggest that there was "absolutely nothing in it" is canny naive. The ball was there to be won but he went for it in the most dickheaded fashion he could.

Absolutely no need; if that was Suarez lying on the floor instead of Colo he'd have been off.

Think that's the best summary, he knew he could probably get away with that type of kicking because the ball was there.

....and the fact that Colo didn't take advantage of the situation and roll away in agony, like most other players would have done.