Rooney's assault on Coloccini

James

It seemed a very unnecessarily harsh kick out at Colo but while I agree with his point of view I'm not too happy that Ben Arfa felt the need to involve himself and get a booking. Need to keep cooler heads in those situations.

Things like that will fire up the fans/support though. Gutted he got booked, but its class seeing the lads fight and stick up for each other like that. Surprised Rooney wasn't booked, but I don't think it was that bad.

Agree it's great to see team spirit etc but silly bookings like that can turn out differently later in the game so I'm always wary and annoyed when we pick them up.

He's kicking for the ball. Obviously he's also taking the opportunity to dig at an opponent, but how exactly can it be proven that that was his only motive?

Coloccini is a ridiculously calm bloke but his reaction (or lack of it) tells you everything.

He's kicking for the ball. Obviously he's also taking the opportunity to dig at an opponent, but how exactly can it be proven that that was his only motive?

Coloccini is a ridiculously calm bloke but his reaction (or lack of it) tells you everything.

That was my point really, you cannot send him off for it because he can hide behind the defence that it cannot be proven otherwise. (I accept I made a fairly needless and obvious point like).

As for Ben Arfa, i'm sort of happy he got involved. I don't like to see our players pick up needless cards, but he atleast showed a little fight, and tried to stick up for his team mates. Stark contrast to the claims that he couldn't give a fuck during his earlier appearances.

It was violent conduct; the ball was no where near. He may not have lashed out full tilt but he knew full well that he was simply kicking the player cos he was there.

There is no argument to be made that he could have been going for the ball, if he thought the ball was where he was kicking then he wouldn't make the cub scouts blind team.

That was my point really, you cannot send him off for it because he can hide behind the defence that it cannot be proven otherwise. (I accept I made a fairly needless and obvious point like).

As for Ben Arfa, i'm sort of happy he got involved. I don't like to see our players pick up needless cards, but he atleast showed a little fight, and tried to stick up for his team mates. Stark contrast to the claims that he couldn't give a f*** during his earlier appearances.

Agree completely. Nice to see our players are sticking up for eachother, even if it resulted in a yellow this time. Also very nice to see how quickly Colo managed to calm Ben Arfa down. The other players seem to respect him in a very good way.

Didn't Colo have a dirty and tough tackling reputation when we signed him? Crazy that he never reacts. :lol:

Apart from when he elbowed Elmander. :lol:

He gets people back with sly elbows and kicks, was rather amusing watching him do it in the Championship season where it seemed to be much more obvious.

Should have been booked. Pretty stupid from Rooney, he should've realised he wasn't going to get the ball (actually, looked like Colo knocked the ball away a fraction of a second beforehand) but nowhere near as much in it as people on here are suggesting IMO.

I don't think he's hugely overrated, like.

He isn't consistent enough to deserve all of the ridiculous praise he gets when he has one of his purple patches. When he's not in form, he's absolutely turd.

Pretty much. Which is why I hate spending huge to get him on my FF team, you never know how long it lasts.