Rooney's assault on Coloccini

James

Guest lebowski

Really think he should have been sent off. The yellow for HBA was correct but in comparison to Rooneys petulant act was minor. You can't dispute either of Gutierez' yellows and subsequent sending off, but when you compare them (no malice or intent just clumsy tired and miss-timed tackles), I think it puts Rooneys thuggery in perspective. When you add in the way Manu players and particularly Rooney abused and tried to bully the officials he really should be facing a decent ban. I think the sport is to soft on that type of behaviour (probably because the worst offenders are Ferguson and his spoilt Gobshite players. The Captain alone should have the right to question officials and they shouldn't be allowed to overstep the mark either. While we are on the topic Ferguson should get a proper fine for his unacceptable abuse and comments to the officials. He is a serial offender and sadly £30,000 fine by the club is inadequate. A lengthy ban is in order if they are serious about protecting the officials (think of all the dubious decisions we have had against us over the years and for the most part we just get on with things, questionable decisions are part of sport and as yesterday shows, it is usually swings and roundabouts).

Personally I think that's far too hard to be swinging at the ball when your opponent is already on the floor and can't get out of the way. I'm sure part of the law on fouls is based on the offender being in control,and that wasn't controlled,it was wild. The way Rooney goes for it is based on Colo tackling him and him being pissed off, not trying to get the ball,that could result in a really serious injury to Colo if one of them connected.

Speaks volumes about Colo that he just got on with it,every single one of the Man u team would have been rolling around doing the wavey hand if that had been them,and Rooney more so than everyone else.

Also good to see HBA sticking up for his team mates,much like Ba earlier in the season was fighting for Krul.

What is more ridiculous is the Man Utd players reactions if a ref dares to give a decision against them :lol: Fuck off

They'll avoid FA action for crowding the lino, no doubt.

Pissed me off more than most things, them and Chelsea must swarm the ref/lino at least once a game and never get punished despite all this Respect stuff, makes a mockery of the whole idea.

Guest michaelfoster

Why'd Ben Arfa get booked? I didn't know shouting was a bookable offence..

He was in the face of Rooney, after running about 30 yards, was a booking tbf

Personally, I'd rather he channelled his anger into his performance rather than running the length of the pitch to stick up for someone that is more than capable of doing so himself.  Best not do it again, or he's a complete fucking idiot.  Justifying it is a bit stupid, especially considering if it was on the other foot we'd be crying into our dinners.

Gods sake man, channelling anger into a performance was exactly what Rooney was doing and on any other day he could've been sent off for it. Give me a team fighting for and protecting each other any day over the alternative, which saw us get relegated recently.

Personally, I'd rather he channelled his anger into his performance rather than running the length of the pitch to stick up for someone that is more than capable of doing so himself.  Best not do it again, or he's a complete f***ing idiot.  Justifying it is a bit stupid, especially considering if it was on the other foot we'd be crying into our dinners.

But he didnt do anything? Why would be crying?

Im more upset about the fact that Rooney tried to hack away and Colo and didnt get so much as a telling off. Oh then decided to man handle Jonas and got nout for that either.

I still think that elbow was probably accidental. Not seen anything like that from him before or since.

Not that he really needs a defence. In fact, I really hope he meant to do it.

I've seen him give sly kicks and digs before mind, one at Sheffield United in the Championship in particular springs to mind.

Personally, I'd rather he channelled his anger into his performance rather than running the length of the pitch to stick up for someone that is more than capable of doing so himself.  Best not do it again, or he's a complete fucking idiot.  Justifying it is a bit stupid, especially considering if it was on the other foot we'd be crying into our dinners.

I thought ben Arfa was lucky not to get sent off. He ran 40 yards to get involved in something that was nowt to do with him and for which Rooney and Colocinni had already shook hands on and were about to get on with the game.

Personally, I'd rather he channelled his anger into his performance rather than running the length of the pitch to stick up for someone that is more than capable of doing so himself.  Best not do it again, or he's a complete f***ing idiot.  Justifying it is a bit stupid, especially considering if it was on the other foot we'd be crying into our dinners.

I thought ben Arfa was lucky not to get sent off. He ran 40 yards to get involved in something that was nowt to do with him and for which Rooney and Colocinni had already shook hands on and were about to get on with the game.

Give over. How on earth could that constitute a red card?