Gary Speed (1969–2011)

Dokko

The minute's applause felt right to me, the news was very fresh and the official minute of applause was preceded by a minute or 2 of almost complete silence anyway.  Everyone was muted and shellshocked so it seemed like a good opportunity to break the silence in a respectful way, wasn't exactly raucous or anything.

Not that it matters to others here, but I do feel that the thread title should just be "RIP Gary Speed 1968-2011" and no more. It's a tragedy whichever way he died. No need to have the "takes his own life" in there at all, in my humble opinion.

:(

aye.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Not that it matters to others here, but I do feel that the thread title should just be "RIP Gary Speed 1968-2011" and no more. It's a tragedy whichever way he died. No need to have the "takes his own life" in there at all, in my humble opinion.

Yeh same

Probably for the best :thup:

Such a shock I can't still believe it.

Watched him on Footie Focus talking about Robbie Savage.  You just would have never known he was depressed.

It's his family that I can't even begin to understand what they are going through.  Watching Shay Given just set me off  :'(

Thanks Gary for your time here!

minutes applause or silence on saturday ?

minutes applause always seems phoney to me, only brought about to drown out those that wouldn't respect ther minutes silence (see princess margaret), which wouldn't be the case here. got the feeling anyone trying to be a twat and not respecting it would be quite literally lynched.

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Suicide is a mix of the most tragic, most selfish, most terrible (and I want to believe preventable) acts out there.

Oh Joseph you stupid cunt.

Guest elbee909

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Suicide is a mix of the most tragic, most selfish, most terrible (and I want to believe preventable) acts out there.

Oh Joseph you stupid cunt.

He really needs to learn when to shut up.