Gary Speed (1969–2011)

Dokko

I come to terms with this, forget about it for a bit, Then remember whats happened and it hurts like f*** everytime. ive never felt like that over a person ive never met.

was saying that last night to someone.

Think seeing him so much, playing, on Tv panels, him being of similar age, brings it home.

probably. added to the completly out the blueness of it. if it had been a car crash or some accident i dont think it would have hit so hard, it's the heightened tragedy and fear of what must've been going on in his thoughts.

I come to terms with this, forget about it for a bit, Then remember whats happened and it hurts like f*** everytime. ive never felt like that over a person ive never met.

was saying that last night to someone.

Think seeing him so much, playing, on Tv panels, him being of similar age, brings it home.

probably. added to the completly out the blueness of it. if it had been a car crash or some accident i dont think it would have hit so hard, it's the heightened tragedy and fear of what must've been going on in his thoughts.

tradgic

I wish it was a silence as well, much more fitting to stand and reflect.

i think the hymn is also a good chance to stand and reflect though...

Well yeah, and the words to Bread Of Heaven are almost unbearably poignant in the circumstances. They are a plea for strength and support through the troubles and anxieties of life. There will be some tears shed.

Well yeah, and the words to Bread Of Heaven are almost unbearably poignant in the circumstances. They are a plea for strength and support through the troubles and anxieties of life. There will be some tears shed.

I'll be on the drink on the train before 9am, so that'll be me blubbing like a lass come kick off then

know the tune but haven't got a clue on the words.

just going for a look.

You don't even to be arsey about it. Just a "nah, that's not on" would let him know.

I've in the past had a guilty chuckle at the sick jokes that do the rounds, but of course they're no longer funny when it's closer to home.

Grow a set man. You should have told him to pack it in.

Obviously regret not doing that now but I was just stunned. I've heard nothing but praise for Gary Speed this week and this w***** comes along with a list of jokes.

the wife was saying tonight that it shows what people thought of him that she hasn't been texted any sick jokes. it sounds awful but i suppose it's right.

just been watching some of the compilations. i've been going on for a few years of wanting midfielders to get up alongside and work off the forwards, for me it's been one of our major failings and something we still need to address........and what do i see time after time in his vids.

just been watching some of the compilations. i've been going on for a few years of wanting midfielders to get up alongside and work off the forwards, for me it's been one of our major failings and something we still need to address........and what do i see time after time in his vids.

I'd forgot what a good header of the ball he was. Every time I saw him score from a corner I was just thinking "How the fuck is he getting up that high". Really was an amazing talent.

Also, for a hard tackling midfielder his tackles always seemed very fair (will admit I might be wearing rose tinted specs). There was no "Paul Scholes" moments as far as I can remember anyway.

I'd forgot what a good header of the ball he was. Every time I saw him score from a corner I was just thinking "How the fuck is he getting up that high". Really was an amazing talent.

Also, for a hard tackling midfielder his tackles always seemed very fair (will admit I might be wearing rose tinted specs). There was no "Paul Scholes" moments as far as I can remember anyway.

It's a good point actually, he was never a dirty player.  Never sent off (for club anyway) according to this:

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=7512&season_id=138